Know any good sponsorship agents?

Michael Kadie
Know any good sponsorship agents?  We have an amazing year ahead of us with
Detroit auto show, Long Beach Grand Prix, NHRA, possible NASCAR, and a bunch
of human interest press ops. and quite frankly it is expensive to attend
these events.

Michael Kadie

www.SSI-Racing.com

928 EV Racer (928 387 2237)

Re: Know any good sponsorship agents?

gottdi
Spend less time at the track so you can attend. Frankly I'd rather be
at the track running my car. :)

Let the sponsors come to you. :)

Pete :)

On Dec 25, 2009, at 8:46 PM, Michael Kadie wrote:

> Know any good sponsorship agents?  We have an amazing year ahead of
> us with
> Detroit auto show, Long Beach Grand Prix, NHRA, possible NASCAR, and
> a bunch
> of human interest press ops. and quite frankly it is expensive to
> attend
> these events.
>

> Michael Kadie
>
> www.SSI-Racing.com
>
> 928 EV Racer (928 387 2237)

http://onegreenev.blogspot.com/
No need to wait any longer. You can now buy one off the shelf. You can still build one too.

Re: Know any good sponsorship agents?

EV professor
On Fri, Dec 25, 2009 at 11:46 PM, Michael Kadie <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Know any good sponsorship agents?  We have an amazing year ahead of us with
> Detroit auto show, Long Beach Grand Prix, NHRA, possible NASCAR, and a
> bunch
> of human interest press ops. and quite frankly it is expensive to attend
> these events.
>

> Michael Kadie
>
> www.SSI-Racing.com
>
> 928 EV Racer (928 387 2237)
>
> ===== I wish "Santa" would bring me some investors too. ======

Your seeking money to help you in your sport, Well I wish you "Good Luck"

I also am seeking Investors, but I want them to buy stock in my
school's Corporation.  A block of 5,000  Shares is available for only $5,000
USD  and 40 blocks are available of a total
sale of 200,000 shares in the Corporation, or a 25% share of the School.
We also  include an option to Franchise when we GROW next year. We have
several Experienced Teachers interested in joining, Several who's names
you-all would recognize... By going to my Web Site you can learn more
details about our Future and why a serious school for E.V. Techs.
 is truly a necessity.
We are not simply a conversion seminar, rather, we include conversions,
building an EV, servicing an EV, and Repairing EVs.  We want them to learn
from our Entrepreneurship course also. Then start an Independent EV Shop.
You should read over our Web Site at;
ElectronicVehicleTechnicalInstitute.com
We are also seeking a Sales Person with strongly motivated skills to run the
"In House EV Parts Kits Operation" for our students,and to lead the "Student
Recruiting Team." (For a good Salary!) (Work located East of Tampa Bay in
Lakeland, Florida.)
Please contact me off the (EVDL) List, at [hidden email]   or   at my
other E-Mail,
it is at;  [hidden email]
We believe that there are two INFRASTRUCTURES needed for the new  EVs:
Both a Public Recharging availability almost EVERYWHERE,
And  Service Centers for Routine Maintenance and Emergency Repairs
     (Would your Neighbor replace a Fuse?)."

Happy Winter and New Years Holiday!
--
    Dennis Miles,    (Director)   Electric Vehicle Technical Institute Inc.
Tampa Bay Region, Florida, USA             Phone (863) 289 - 0690

Re: Know any good sponsorship agents?

David Dymaxion
Probably stating the obvious, but has Factory Five shown any interest in sponsoring you? Or perhaps licensing and advertising your EV kits for their kits?

________________________________

Re: Know any good sponsorship agents?

EV professor

> On Dec 25, 2009, at 8:46 PM, Michael Kadie wrote:
>
> > Know any good sponsorship agents?  We have an amazing year ahead of
> > us with
> > Detroit auto show, Long Beach Grand Prix, NHRA, possible NASCAR, and
> > a bunch
> > of human interest press ops. and quite frankly it is expensive to
> > attend
> > these events.
> > Michael Kadie
> >
> > www.SSI-Racing.com
> >
> > 928 EV Racer (928 387 2237)
>
> --------------------------perhaps one in the next year.
>  -------------------------------------------

I believe in what you-all are doing!

Sure some is personal fun and "Glory" but, your creating a NEW "Image" of
the EV to the
Public also.  That is Important to us all.  Automobiles have always
increased their stature with the public thru "Competition"  and, you
are accomplishing that in a major manner!

We at  Electric Vehicle Technical Institute would like to be one of your
sponsors.

For now we are seeking funding ourselves... But, we are hopeful, and when we
have the funds to work with and a promotions budget with a positive balance,
 you will be on our list , and, right at the top to sponsor your activities.
Of that you can be assured. In the interum, HAY YOU LIST READERS SENT A
CHECK TO MICHAEL, IT IS AN INVESTMENT IN ALL OF OUR FUTURES.  It might even
make your EV worth more when you decide to sell it, Because RACING awakens
Public Interest...

-Regards-
    Dennis Miles,    (Director)   Electric Vehicle Technical Institute Inc.
Tampa Bay Region, Florida, USA             Phone (863) 289 - 0690
                   electricvehicletechnicalinstitute.com

Re: Know any good sponsorship agents?

KilowattA798
In a message dated 12/26/2009 10:06:25 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
[hidden email] writes:

> Subj: Re: [EVDL] Know any good sponsorship agents?
> Date:12/26/2009 10:06:25 AM US Mountain Standard Time
> From:[hidden email]
> Reply-to:[hidden email]
> To:[hidden email]
> Received from Internet:
>

> >On Dec 25, 2009, at 8:46 PM, Michael Kadie wrote:
> >
> >>Know any good sponsorship agents?  We have an amazing year ahead of
> >>us with
> >>Detroit auto show, Long Beach Grand Prix, NHRA, possible NASCAR, and
> >>a bunch
> >>of human interest press ops. and quite frankly it is expensive to
> >>attend
> >>these events.
> >>Michael Kadie
> >>
> >>www.SSI-Racing.com
> >>
> >>928 EV Racer (928 387 2237)
> >
> >--------------------------perhaps one in the next year.
> >  -------------------------------------------
> >

> I believe in what you-all are doing!
>
> Sure some is personal fun and "Glory" but, your creating a NEW "Image" of
> the EV to the
> Public also.  That is Important to us all.  Automobiles have always
> increased their stature with the public thru "Competition"  and, you
> are accomplishing that in a major manner!
>
> We at  Electric Vehicle Technical Institute would like to be one of your
> sponsors.
>
> For now we are seeking funding ourselves... But, we are hopeful, and when
> we
> have the funds to work with and a promotions budget with a positive
> balance,
> you will be on our list , and, right at the top to sponsor your
> activities.
> Of that you can be assured. In the interum, HAY YOU LIST READERS SENT A
> CHECK TO MICHAEL, IT IS AN INVESTMENT IN ALL OF OUR FUTURES.  It might
> even
> make your EV worth more when you decide to sell it, Because RACING awakens
> Public Interest...
>
> -Regards-
>     Dennis Miles,    (Director)   Electric Vehicle Technical Institute
> Inc.
> Tampa Bay Region, Florida, USA             Phone (863) 289 - 0690

I have the S 10 multi street record holder and quickest and fastest 1/4
mile street car in the world. I also have the worlds quickest and fastest
dragster.
Both do not have any battery left.
I just need a battery sponsor and I will again break the records so they
can have them in their name. Both the truck and dragster have much left!!

                 Dennis Berube
          SEE   youtube search; current eliminator

Re: Know any good sponsorship agents?

Bill Dube
Getting sponsorship in like convincing your next-door-neighbor to buy
YOU a big-screen TV.

It is a very tough sell. There must be something very tangible in the
deal for the sponsor. If it is such a good idea, why shouldn't they
build their own race car with the money instead of giving it to you?

Electrics are so new that the traditional racing sponsors don't see
the need to switch over, and the non-traditional sponsors that would
really benefit from sponsoring an EV, don't understand the PR value of racing.

The tough economy makes sponsorship much much more difficult as well.

Bill D.

Re: Know any good sponsorship agents?

EVPower
Hi Bill, List,

As we prepare and plan an EV research and development company,
sponsorship and donations play a big part of the advancement of the
technology and the creation of the organization. A direct answer to your
question, not as a challenge but simply as an opinion.

"... If it is such a good idea, why shouldn't they build their own race
car with the money instead of giving it to you?..."

Because most likely, the "they" you refer to cannot afford to build it
alone by themselves.

We all know, that more can be done through the cooperation of many
people working together with a single goal, than can be accomplished by
one alone. And it takes much less input from each individual than from a
single source. Simple really when you think about it.

Sponsorship is very important to both the sponsor and the
company/individual being sponsored. Networking with many thousands or
tens of thousands, or hundreds of thousands of people (sponsors and
supporters) can generate a large budget very quickly for the development
of a vehicle.

Sponsors would probably not sponsor any cause, project, racecar, or EV
if they didn't get something in return, or if they were simply nice.

The PR that can be generated for the sponsor by a well put together team
of project engineers, designers, and inventors can accomplish much and
give the sponsor the satisfaction of knowing that his contribution went
to a good cause. Not to mention the increased exposure for their brand.
It's great advertising. Look at NASCAR... They have perfected it.

Though I have to say this only my opinion on the matter...

My question is, what do you feel a potential sponsor considers tangible,
and what would you want out of it?

Regards,
Eric

On 12/26/2009 11:03 AM, Bill Dube wrote:
> Getting sponsorship in like convincing your next-door-neighbor to buy
> YOU a big-screen TV.
>
> It is a very tough sell. There must be something very tangible in the
> deal for the sponsor. If it is such a good idea, why shouldn't they
> build their own race car with the money instead of giving it to you?

Re: Know any good sponsorship agents?

Michael Kadie
To clarify :

I got in this after building my dream car.  With no sponsors and a good deal
on my life savings.  Make no mistakes I was glad to do it and did not seek
out sponsors.

I built a second car, the Green T.  Also with my own money.  No sponsors
asked for or received.  And I am happy with that for both cars.

This year I'm asking for sponsors.  Why? because instead of turning down
events that are too far away (I have turned down two NASCAR events because I
couldn't afford to get to them) I feel that I should be attending them and
because this year we a lot to offer sponsors.  Last year I had my own TV
series, appeared on tons of cable shows, and displayed or participated in
events with over 3 million people in attendance.  I have given out over
5,000 posters and another 5,000 other full color pieces plus 200 hot wheels
of cars that I've built and that was being stingy giving out swag.  This
year I have had an amazing number of offers and I think I should take them.
I just can't afford to do them all especially after getting stiffed for
$150,000 dollars this year.

I'm really looking for an agent, I feel I have a great program, and I've
proven that on no money I deliver the message and the swag.  I'm tired of
hearing people come up to me and tell me how my work is similar to a show
they saw which is also my work.

Michael Tyrannosaurus Rex Kadie
www.SSI-Racing.com
928-EV Racer

Re: Know any good sponsorship agents?

lawlessind
Dennis,

After we tore down ANGUS to build the OCC prototype bike I sent it's
1540 cell A123 pack back to Denver to get a new state of the art BMS.
It is still at Derek's shop. As I told you before, you are welcome to
use it.  Drive up to Denver and pick it up.  Lets see how fast that
truck really is.....

Shawn Lawless

To:[hidden email]> Received from Internet: > > > > >> >> >> >> >>
 >On Dec 25, 2009, at 8:46 PM, Michael Kadie wrote:> >> >>Know any good
sponsorship agents?  We have an amazing year ahead of> >>us with>
 >>Detroit auto show, Long Beach Grand Prix, NHRA, possible NASCAR, and>
 >>a bunch> >>of human interest press ops. and quite frankly it is
expensive to> >>attend> >>these events.> >>Michael Kadie> >>>
 >>www.SSI-Racing.com> >>> >>928 EV Racer (928 387 2237)> >>
 >--------------------------perhaps one in the next year.> >
-------------------------------------------> >> > I believe in what
you-all are doing!> > Sure some is personal fun and "Glory" but, your
creating a NEW "Image" of> the EV to the> Public also.  That is
Important to us all.  Automobiles have always> increased their stature
with the public thru "Competition"  and, you> are accomplishing that in
a major manner!> > We at  Electric Vehicle Technical Institute would
like to be one of your> sponsors.> > For now we are seeking funding
ourselves... But, we are hopeful, and when > we> have the funds to work
with and a promotions budget with a positive > balance,> you will be on
our list , and, right at the top to sponsor your > activities.> Of that
you can be assured. In the interum, HAY YOU LIST READERS SENT A> CHECK
TO MICHAEL, IT IS AN INVESTMENT IN ALL OF OUR FUTURES.  It might >
even> make your EV worth more when you decide to sell it, Because
RACING awakens> Public Interest...> > -Regards->     Dennis Miles,
(Director)   Electric Vehicle Technical Institute > Inc.> Tampa Bay
Region, Florida, USA             Phone (863) 289 - 0690I have the S 10
    SEE   youtube search; current eliminator-------------- next part

Re: Know any good sponsorship agents?

KilowattA798
In a message dated 12/27/2009 9:35:09 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
[hidden email] writes:

> Subj: Re: [EVDL] Know any good sponsorship agents?
> Date:12/27/2009 9:35:09 PM US Mountain Standard Time
> From:[hidden email]
> Reply-to:[hidden email]
> To:[hidden email]
> Received from Internet:
>

> Dennis,
>
> After we tore down ANGUS to build the OCC prototype bike I sent it's
> 1540 cell A123 pack back to Denver to get a new state of the art BMS.
> It is still at Derek's shop. As I told you before, you are welcome to
> use it.  Drive up to Denver and pick it up.  Lets see how fast that
> truck really is.....
>
> Shawn Lawless

Shawn what a buddy you are!!!If I do not get a Battery Sponsor by then, I
will take you up on it and bring my S 10 truck to Denver to get your pack for
the race.

    Thanks
     Dennis

Re: Know any good sponsorship agents?

lawlessind
Dennis,

Not sure when you are racing in the next few months but I don't see any
reason why I would need the pack before March.  If it's going to move
 from Dereks I'll let you know.  Because of it's size and shape it might
throw off the weight and balance of CE but I would think it to be
perfect in the bed of SS.  Hope all is well.  I've got some floats
passing by you this afternoon on their way to Pasadena.  I'll tell the
driver to honk.

Shawn

[hidden email] writes:

> Subj: Re: [EVDL] Know any good sponsorship agents?
> Date:12/27/2009 9:35:09 PM US Mountain Standard Time
> From:[hidden email]
> Reply-to:[hidden email]
> To:[hidden email]
> Received from Internet:
>

> Dennis,
>
> After we tore down ANGUS to build the OCC prototype bike I sent it's
> 1540 cell A123 pack back to Denver to get a new state of the art BMS.

> It is still at Derek's shop. As I told you before, you are welcome to
> use it.  Drive up to Denver and pick it up.  Lets see how fast that
> truck really is.....
>
> Shawn Lawless

Shawn what a buddy you are!!!If I do not get a Battery Sponsor by then,
will take you up on it and bring my S 10 truck to Denver to get your
pack for
the race.

    Thanks
     Dennis

Re: Know any good sponsorship agents?

KilowattA798
In a message dated 12/28/2009 7:08:10 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
[hidden email] writes:

> Subj: Re: [EVDL] Know any good sponsorship agents?
> Date:12/28/2009 7:08:10 AM US Mountain Standard Time
> From:[hidden email]
> Reply-to:[hidden email]
> To:[hidden email]
> Received from Internet:
>

> Dennis,
>
> Not sure when you are racing in the next few months but I don't see any
> reason why I would need the pack before March.  If it's going to move
> from Dereks I'll let you know.  Because of it's size and shape it might
> throw off the weight and balance of CE but I would think it to be
> perfect in the bed of SS.  Hope all is well.  I've got some floats
> passing by you this afternoon on their way to Pasadena.  I'll tell the
> driver to honk.
>
> Shawn

The NEDRA?NHRA race is in the summer.I think that is when Mike would like
to see the truck.BUT....It would make the S10 the 1st street EV in the 10s.I
will call you soon

Thanks Dennis

Re: Know any good sponsorship agents?

Mike Willmon-3
Shawn,
The 23rd annual Fram Autolite NHRA Nationals, part of the NHRA Full
Throttle Series will be at Infineon July 16-18.  The promotors have
specifically invited any and all of the fast electric racers to the
EVent.  They are wanting to get us more in view of their public.  Maybe
they are seeing something new coming and are taking interest. Anyway the
invite is open to all electric racers.  I know its a long haul for you
but if you wanted to make it it'll get the sport out in front of over
40,000 people.

This is what the scene looked like last year:
http://home.gci.net/~saintbernard/DragStripOverhead2.CWalkden.jpg

Hope you can make it if you have an intrest.  If not maybe your
batteries can be there with Dennis ;-)

Mike

> [hidden email] wrote:
>  The NEDRA?NHRA race is in the summer.I think that is when Mike would
> like to see the truck.BUT....It would make the S10 the 1st street EV
> in the 10s.I will call you soon
>
> Thanks Dennis

Re: Know any good sponsorship agents?

Chip Gribben
Hi Shawn and Dennis,

The Full Throttle event is July 16-18, 2010 at Infineon.

Sharing spare packs will be great. The more the merrier. We need to
show 40 to 60 thousand people at this event that EVs are awesome.

Chip Gribben
NEDRA PR
[hidden email]

On Dec 28, 2009, at 3:00 PM, [hidden email] wrote:

> Message: 5
> Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 14:38:40 EST
> From: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [EVDL] Know any good sponsorship agents?
> To: [hidden email]
>
> In a message dated 12/28/2009 7:08:10 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
> [hidden email] writes:
>> Subj: Re: [EVDL] Know any good sponsorship agents?
>> Date:12/28/2009 7:08:10 AM US Mountain Standard Time
>> From:[hidden email]
>> Reply-to:[hidden email]
>> To:[hidden email]
>> Received from Internet:
>>

>> Dennis,
>>
>> Not sure when you are racing in the next few months but I don't
>> see any
>> reason why I would need the pack before March.  If it's going to move
>> from Dereks I'll let you know.  Because of it's size and shape it
>> might
>> throw off the weight and balance of CE but I would think it to be
>> perfect in the bed of SS.  Hope all is well.  I've got some floats
>> passing by you this afternoon on their way to Pasadena.  I'll tell
>> the
>> driver to honk.
>>
>> Shawn
>>
> The NEDRA?NHRA race is in the summer.I think that is when Mike
> would like
> to see the truck.BUT....It would make the S10 the 1st street EV in
> the 10s.I
> will call you soon
>
> Thanks Dennis

Re: Know any good sponsorship agents?

Mike Nickerson
Hi Eric,

I agree with all your points in principle.  However, with the current
economy, most of those types of considerations have gone out the window.  My
employer (Fortune 10 company) has cut back on almost all sponsorships and
extra spending.  Also, most of the major auto manufacturers have cut back on
(or eliminated) sponsorships like NASCAR.  While PR and getting behind the
right projects is still important, meeting the quarterly profit numbers is
much more critical.

Hopefully, things will loosen up a little and corporate America will see
some growth again so they think beyond hitting the numbers in 3 months.
Then, I think we might see some more possibilities for corporate sponsorship
of important things that might not pay off in 2 months.

Mike

As we prepare and plan an EV research and development company,
sponsorship and donations play a big part of the advancement of the
technology and the creation of the organization. A direct answer to your
question, not as a challenge but simply as an opinion.

"... If it is such a good idea, why shouldn't they build their own race
car with the money instead of giving it to you?..."

Because most likely, the "they" you refer to cannot afford to build it
alone by themselves.

We all know, that more can be done through the cooperation of many
people working together with a single goal, than can be accomplished by
one alone. And it takes much less input from each individual than from a
single source. Simple really when you think about it.

Sponsorship is very important to both the sponsor and the
company/individual being sponsored. Networking with many thousands or
tens of thousands, or hundreds of thousands of people (sponsors and
supporters) can generate a large budget very quickly for the development
of a vehicle.

Sponsors would probably not sponsor any cause, project, racecar, or EV
if they didn't get something in return, or if they were simply nice.

The PR that can be generated for the sponsor by a well put together team
of project engineers, designers, and inventors can accomplish much and
give the sponsor the satisfaction of knowing that his contribution went
to a good cause. Not to mention the increased exposure for their brand.
It's great advertising. Look at NASCAR... They have perfected it.

Though I have to say this only my opinion on the matter...

My question is, what do you feel a potential sponsor considers tangible,
and what would you want out of it?

Regards,
Eric

On 12/26/2009 11:03 AM, Bill Dube wrote:
> Getting sponsorship in like convincing your next-door-neighbor to buy
> YOU a big-screen TV.
>
> It is a very tough sell. There must be something very tangible in the
> deal for the sponsor. If it is such a good idea, why shouldn't they
> build their own race car with the money instead of giving it to you?

KillaCycle Kiwi Tour schedule

Bill Dube
For those that might wish to drop by to see us, here is our schedule
for the KillaCycle Kiwi Tour:

http://blog.greenstage.co.nz/2009/12/killacycle-new-zealand-tour-calendar.html

Hope to see you there,

Bill and Eva

(Scotty and Susan too!)

Re: KillaCycle Kiwi Tour schedule

gtyler54
I see no reference to the Auckland car show in your schedule, is Killacycle
not going to be there? That would really be a pity, it is huge. NZ only has
4M people but the attendance at shows like this is 10X what we had in SA
with 10X the population. I know it's probably small in relation to America,
but it is by far the biggest even in NZ. Last time I went on both days and
still did not see everything. 16th and 17th Jan.
http://www.kumeuhotrodshow.co.nz/about.php

Re: KillaCycle Kiwi Tour schedule

Bill Dube
We arrive on January 19th. The bike is there now, however.

I'll check with the GreenStage folks to see if they have considered
displaying the KillaCycle in that show. It might conflict with some
other event they are attending.

Bill Dube'

At 02:04 PM 1/3/2010, you wrote:

>I see no reference to the Auckland car show in your schedule, is Killacycle
>not going to be there? That would really be a pity, it is huge. NZ only has
>4M people but the attendance at shows like this is 10X what we had in SA
>with 10X the population. I know it's probably small in relation to America,
>but it is by far the biggest even in NZ. Last time I went on both days and
>still did not see everything. 16th and 17th Jan.
>http://www.kumeuhotrodshow.co.nz/about.php

carrott
On Mon, 2010-01-04 at 10:04 +1300, George Tyler wrote:
> I see no reference to the Auckland car show in your schedule, is Killacycle
> not going to be there? 16th and 17th Jan.
> http://www.kumeuhotrodshow.co.nz/about.php

Thanks for the heads up.

I'm pleased to announce the KillaCycle will be at the show next to Athol
William's record holding bike (6.68 and 325.64 km/h at Taupo on the
4th). However, Bill Dube' doesn't arrive until after the show, and we're
not going to be able to man the stand all weekend.

Athol will look after the bike, but if anyone is available to do a stint
explaining what the KillaCycle is all about, please get in touch with
Philip Court on 021 953 032 (NZDT, that's GMT+13!) or
[hidden email]. We can't offer much more than a shirt and some
beers.

Phil has a press release about the tour up at:
http://www.greenstage.co.nz/PDFs/KillaCycleNZTour2010.pdf

The calendar for the whole tour is being kept up to date at:
http://blog.greenstage.co.nz/2009/12/killacycle-new-zealand-tour-calendar.html

The Taupo event has recently been confirmed, 27 Jan 1-3pm at Roberts
Reserve, see the calendar for further details.

I'm /still/ frantically getting my Mini ready to come on tour :-(