Kudos: EVs advertised on Turo.com ad on the COZI TV network

Kudos: EVs advertised on Turo.com ad on the COZI TV network

The amount of unpaid time I spend finding, cleaning up and posting EV
newswires doesn't cover my living expenses. I'm not complaining, just
explaining, that the move, + ice-repairs, + another move, +much a more
expensive place to live, +utility bills, +more is tough when living on
social security.

I'm surviving using what wits-I-still-have by paring down expenses. While I
was living (1 to 9/2018) in central Texas (1hr south of Waco), I had access
to free cable TV (as part of my rent). I don't spend much time with TV other
than to know what the public sees (news views and advertising is very
different since moving to TX). As an EVangel, its important to know what the
public has been programmed to believe.

Here, I cut way back on my utility use (wearing lots of layered clothing
when its cold at night), and I use the over-the-air (ota, free) TV, rather
than throwing hundred$ on cable or satellite TV access. So far, I am
surviving, and hoping to continue to contribute to the EV-cause until I can
no longer (can't see, type, or pass-away).

Between the VA San Antonio (sa) hospital appointments (they are doing their
best to help me keep alive), I manage my 'awake time' to take care of
myself, do EV news tasks, and time-shift ota TV so I can stay connected.

*To my pleasurable surprise a turo.com ad showed at the end of a show (just
before 4a.m. on Monday night). Turo lets owners share their vehicle for a
fee. The ad was straight to the point, and so much more well made than an
automaker's hype. All during the ad, the left hand corner had a link for
interactive TVs to download their app (so this ad was state-of-the 'hi-tech'
art).

While Turo does rent out ice, the ad showed Tesla-S EVs as their 'standard'
car for rent ( ... Whoo-hoo!  EVs on TVs! ).

I brought up Turo for my area, specifying Tesla, and both a model S and an X
were offered
https://turo.com/search?country=US&defaultZoomLevel=11&endDate=11%2F11%2F2018&endTime=17%3A00&international=true&isMapSearch=false&itemsPerPage=200&latitude=29.4241219&location=San%20Antonio%2C%20TX%2C%20USA&locationType=City&longitude=-98.49362819999999&makes=Tesla&maximumDistanceInMiles=30&region=TX&sortType=RELEVANCE&startDate=11%2F11%2F2018&startTime=08%3A00

BTW, COZI is not only an ota network but also broadcast on cable and
satellite providers. So, Turo's ad should have been seen by many.

As you can tell, I am pleased EVs are on TVs :-)

Re: Kudos: EVs advertised on Turo.com ad on the COZI TV network

Pricey!

(No surprise)

- Mark

Sent from my Fuel Cell powered iPhone