LTC6804 from Linear: new IC for Li-ion BMS

LTC6804 from Linear: new IC for Li-ion BMS

Elithion
Linear Technology announced a great new pair of ICs for Li-Ion BMSs:
http://www.eetimes.com/electronics-products/power-products/4398835/Guaranteed-0-04--accurate-hybrid-electric-battery-monitor-includes-isolated-interface
In addition to the features of their present ICs, these have 16 bit ADC (!) and isolated IC to IC communications (!).

For a list of all Li-Ion BMS ICs for large battery packs, see: http://liionbms.com/php/bms_chips_options.php
Davide Andrea
Elithion

Re: LTC6804 from Linear: new IC for Li-ion BMS

Evan Tuer
Looks good.  I used the 6802 and the chip-to-chip communication was
the hard bit, the current-coupled method they used before wasn't
exactly bulletproof.