Late deliveries of Net Gain controllers

Tom H
Has anyone purchased and had delivered a NetGain controller in the last two months?  I purchased a controller in early August when the web site was saying delivery would be in 6 weeks.  Then they told me delivery would be mid-October.  Now they are saying the end of November! That is 3 1/2 months after I purchased it and still no explanation for the delay!!!!  Currently the web site says delivery in 10 weeks but my experience suggests otherwise.  Be warned.

I could have bought a Soliton for the extra $$ I am having to pay for gas while I wait.

Re: Late deliveries of Net Gain controllers

corbin dunn
Hi Tom,
Yes, I ordered one and also had the delay, but got it a little while ago. What I heard (from Evolve Electrics -- who I purchased it from) is that Netgain had trouble sourcing a part and decided to do a slight redesign to use a different type of part. In the end, they also made some modifications that made the controller better (again, I'm foggy on the details).

So, they have been shipping them and are probably catching on orders.

-corbin

On Oct 21, 2010, at 9:02 AM, Tom H wrote:

> Has anyone purchased and had delivered a NetGain controller in the last two
> months?  I purchased a controller in early August when the web site was
> saying delivery would be in 6 weeks.  Then they told me delivery would be
> mid-October.  Now they are saying the end of November! That is 3 1/2 months
> after I purchased it and still no explanation for the delay!!!!  Currently
> the web site says delivery in 10 weeks but my experience suggests otherwise.
> Be warned.
>
> I could have bought a Soliton for the extra $$ I am having to pay for gas
> while I wait.

Re: Late deliveries of Net Gain controllers

Tom H
Thanks for the information.  I purchased it from EV source which is run by the same people who make the controller.  I would have expected better customer service.  I have had no explanation, and no appologies; just a one sentence e-mail saying I would have to wait another six weeks, after already waiting 8 weeks.
Tom H.