Leaf Obd2 reader

Hi. My son drove the leaf his regular 50 miles at 80% setting and instead of 25% on return, got 0. So I tried the Leafspy on the Bluetooth Obd2 Lescan module plugged into the obd2 port and no link.  Is there a better obd2 Canbus reader for EVs that works?
Best regards
Mark
Reevadiy.org

Sent from my iPhone

On 9/11/19 9:57 AM, Kevin Lieberman via EV wrote:
>   Leafspy is really good and has been used by probably thousands of people all over the world.  I totally recommend it.  Just make sure the bluetooth obd2 reader is paired with the phone properly and settings are correct.

As I vaguely recall from my Leaf days, there may be some bluetooth ODB2
adapters that work and some that do not.  Or, maybe that's a problem
only with imievs.

Re: Leaf Obd2 reader

For the Leaf Spy, you *must* use an OBD2 adapter that still has 2 CAN buses implemented, because the Leaf EV bus is the second CAN bus on the OBD2 port and if the OBD2 adapter is one of the cost optimized versions, it will not be able to connect to the battery management system via the second CAN bus.

I have pretty good luck searching for “version 1.5 ELM327” and getting it to work on the Leaf.
Software is a bit buggy, the adapter occasionally hiccups and fails to connect but a simple retry usually brings everything back to life immediately.

There are WiFi versions of the ELM327, in case Bleutooth is an issue but understand the higher power drain of the WiFi radio, I have drained my Leaf’s aux battery in a few days after plugging in the WiFi version and forgetting to unplug, as it does not shut off when the car is turned off.
Just an FYI.
Cor.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10