Level 2 charging in MT

drdhdmd
FWIW,
  I have seen many mentions of Nissan dealers having level 2 chargers
but when I have asked to use them, I have been advised that they are
for Nissan customers only. Not for public use.

eLectricDeLorean.com

Re: Level 2 charging in MT

brucedp5
This post was updated on .
Please state the name and location of the Nissan dealers you have not
been able to charge at. I want to document them on the EV Charging
Finder app/websites.

When is a charge-point, not a point to charge? = at U.S. dealerships
(Sadly, not just Nissan dealerships)

Dealerships are a money grubbing businesses. In some cases, dealerships
have been unaccommodatingly rude even to their local customers. It all
depends on the dealership, who you talk to arrange a charge, and their
mood.

Because they are so iffy, I would like to take all dealerships off all
the EV Charging Finder app/websites, but that is not going to happen.
Because search bots find the listings on the EV Charging Finder
websites, dealerships like to have a free listing that has their
business show-up on a search (free PR).

There is another point that makes the whole effort to call ahead to
arrange a charge moot:
Nissan dealerships use a 3kW Aerovironment home EVSE. So they are only
half the power of a standard public EVSE, and the dealership is not
likely to let you charge longer than 4 hours.

But lets take a look at what EVSE is in that state. Using the EV
Charging Finder app/sites, I chose to use Bozeman, MT as my search
parameter (my starting point).

Both recargo,com and afdc.energy.gov are sync'd thus both did not show
any public EVSE for MT.
Carstations.com did show one, but it was a dealership, so that one is
iffy no-good.
Plugshare.com showed several locations, but Plugshare is my third tier
tool because their listing are fraught with more errors than recargo or
carstations. Eliminating the dealerships, there was one level-2 J1772 in
the N. W corner of the state.

As has been posted many times by another evdl member, RV parks are
likely a better way to go in this case where there is no EVSE
infrastructure. Here are some links to explore:

http://www.rv-clubs.us/montana_rv_campgrounds.html
http://www.rvparkhunter.com/state.asp?state=montana
http://www.rvparkreviews.com/regions/Montana/

{brucedp.150m.com}

-
On Sun, Nov 4, 2012, at 03:34 AM, doctordhd @aol.com wrote:
> FWIW,
>   I have seen many mentions of Nissan dealers having level 2 chargers
> but when I have asked to use them, I have been advised that they are
> for Nissan customers only. Not for public use.
> eLectricDeLorean.com
-

Re: Level 2 charging in MT

Rush Dougherty
Here in Tucson, when any of the Dealers installed EVSE's, I went to each of
them and told them that we had about 10 conversions and asked if it would be
alright if in an emergency, we could use their chargers. They all said no
problem and that if the space wasn't free  (since they usually parked gas
engine cars in them), just to let the manager know and he make the space
available. I also found that besides the EVSE out front, that the service
area had one that they used, so dealers usually have at least 2 EVSE's.

Rush
www.TucsonEV.com

Re: Level 2 charging in MT

David Chapman-9

________________________________

--
http://www.fastmail.fm - Same, same, but different...

Re: Level 2 charging in MT

brucedp5

I have noted the dealership's restriction on
http://www.recargo.com/sites/5059

{brucedp.150m.com}

-
[ref http://www.evdl.org/archive/index.html#nabble-td4659151 ]
[EVDL] Non Public Charging Stations NPCS
Legend Nissan, Syosset, NY says their charging station is for their customers only.
Thank you,
Dave Delman
-

Re: Level 2 charging in MT

Rush Dougherty
Bruce,

Have you verified that the dealer will not let anybody charge? I certainly
doubt that the dealer would turn away an EV if the EV had an emergency and
had to charge.

Rush
www.TucsonEV.com