Li Polymer batteries

indiantuktuk
Hi,
I intend to secure TS LFP60AHA batteries from

http://www.thunder-sky.com/home_en.asp.

I would wish to know if anyone has experience with this company and if yes could you share your experience about their products and service.

Thx

Re: Li Polymer batteries

EVDL Administrator
On 10 Mar 2009 at 2:39, indiantuktuk wrote:

> I would wish to know if anyone has experience with this company and if yes
> could you share your experience about their products and service.

You will find a large amount of discussion about this matter in our archive.
 Please use this link :

http://evdl.org/archive/

Type

     Thundersky

into the search box.

Note: mail sent to "evpost" or "etpost" addresses will not

Re: Li Polymer batteries

Zeke Yewdall
Someone just asked this question last week.  And there's been ALOT of
discussion about them in the past.  Check the archives.

On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 3:39 AM, indiantuktuk <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
> I intend to secure TS LFP60AHA batteries from
>
> http://www.thunder-sky.com/home_en.asp.
>
> I would wish to know if anyone has experience with this company and if yes
> could you share your experience about their products and service.
>
> Thx

> Nabble.com.

Re: Li Polymer batteries

Matt Lacey
Aswell as checking the archives, also check the archives of the thundersky
yahoo group.
Theres a lot of current users there.

I have had good experiences using thundersky batteries, by buying via
Australian resellers (TS is less likely to rip you off if you are a repeat
buyer).
There are resellers in hong kong (www.everspring.com) Australia
(www.evpower.com.au and www.bev.com.au)
Theres a couple of USA distributors aswell, though their sites escape me at
present.

Matt

I intend to secure TS LFP60AHA batteries from

http://www.thunder-sky.com/home_en.asp.

I would wish to know if anyone has experience with this company and if yes
could you share your experience about their products and service.

Thx

Nabble.com.

Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.
12:00 AM

Re: Li Polymer batteries

AMPhibian
Indeed, in fact that question was asked by this exact same person, indiantuktuk:
indiantuktuk LiPoly post
Zeke Yewdall wrote

On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 3:39 AM, indiantuktuk <kvrao777@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I intend to secure TS LFP60AHA batteries from
>
> http://www.thunder-sky.com/home_en.asp.
>
> I would wish to know if anyone has experience with this company and if yes
> could you share your experience about their products and service.
>
> Thx

> Nabble.com.

Re: Li Polymer batteries

martinwinlow
Hi

I haven't used my 38 x 160LFP's (bought last November) in anger yet but they
all appear to be well balanced and matched.  The cells arrived within 8
weeks of ordering (by ship, Hong Kong to Felixstowe) and were well crated
up.  The few queries I had with the TS rep in Europe - who I also ordered
them through - were answered within 24 hours via email.  The ordering
process was easy and TS and their Europe rep helpful.

I was able to order using a credit card so had insurance included (for peace
of mind) but they also take PayPal.

The general quality appears good, with stainless steel terminal bolts, nuts
& washers (both plain and spring) and nice multilayer copper interconnects
with strain relief built in.

The only gripe I have is that their web and manual technical specs could be
more complete and helpful eg terminal stud sizes and torque settings
missing.  I emailed TS direct about this, asking them to modify their manual
but they politely declined.

I have read generally good reports about the LFP series cells - the only
missing anecdotal evidence concerns longevity.  Will they last 2000+ cycles?

So all in all my experience thus far couldn't really have been better.

I hope this helps.

Regards, Martin Winlow.
UK

PS - Please note the issue with swelling.  I suggest strapping them from the
word go.  I gather you can order the straps from TS but failing that I
recommend using plastic strapping and metal end plates as per my web site
http://www.winlow.co.uk/html/ev_conversion.html  MW

I intend to secure TS LFP60AHA batteries from

http://www.thunder-sky.com/home_en.asp.

I would wish to know if anyone has experience with this company and if yes
could you share your experience about their products and service.

Thx

Thx

Re: Li Polymer batteries

Cory Cross-2
Shody wrote:
> http://www.lionev.com/Battery_module_pricing.html

lionev = scam

search:
lionev curry

Re: Li Polymer batteries

rm dazzor

wow....
Well i thought $3.00 per Ah was a little steep. But i
was going to wait to see what others had to say. We
are 9 to 11 hours different so i have to wait for you
guys to wake up over there.
I thought of something else i had left out of my
previouse postings. The convention is 30% deposit and
balance upon delivery. I hope this helps out. I cannot
see sending $5,000 to $10,000 to a totally unknown
entity… Even myself.
thanks,
Rick
msn: [hidden email]

--- Cory Cross <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Shody wrote:
> > http://www.lionev.com/Battery_module_pricing.html
> >
> lionev = scam
>
> search:
> lionev curry

Re: Li Polymer batteries

On 15 Mar 2009 at 1:37, Cory Cross wrote:

> [some company] = scam

The EVDL's administrators don't monitor posts for content. You are solely
responsible for what you write. I am not an attorney and this is not legal
advice. However, if you're writing something which in some jurisdictions
might be considered libelous, slanderous, or otherwise might expose you to
liability, I suggest that you consult your attorney before sending the
message.

I strongly urge you to report only documentable facts and personal
experience, never rumour, accusation, and/or innuendo.  Write like Ebay
feedback and I would think that you should be OK -- but again I caution you
that I am not an attorney and this is not legal advice.

I'm not here to defend any person, business, or organization.  I'm just
reminding you that you're speaking in a public place, and you're legally
responsible for your own words.

Note: mail sent to "evpost" or "etpost" addresses will not

Re: Li Polymer batteries

mark at evie-systems
What about this company?
http://www.internationalbatteryinc.com/ironphosphatecells.htm

indiantuktuk wrote:

> Hi,
> I intend to secure TS LFP60AHA batteries from
>
> http://www.thunder-sky.com/home_en.asp.
>
> I would wish to know if anyone has experience with this company and if yes
> could you share your experience about their products and service.
>
> Thx

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
mark@evie-systems.com
"Delay is preferable to error", Thomas Jefferson.

Re: Li Polymer batteries

AMPhibian
Good luck with that, I've tried contacting them twice and once they found out I wasn't a business looking for repeated bulk purchases they just stopped replying.  The last email I received from them said "How many cells will your company need each month?"  My reply that I was an individual looking for 30-40 cells went unanswered.

John

mark at evie-systems wrote

--
Electric Vehicle Integrated Electronic Systems
http://www.evie-systems.com
Garland, Texas USA

Re: Li Polymer batteries

Joel Sell
Can you say "Group Buy"? While I'm not in the position to participate in this particular buy, I'll bet that once you get 10 or more members interested and you tell the company you want 400+ cells, you might have their ear.
Good luck.
Joel in Philly

mark at evie-systems wrote:

> What about this company?
> http://www.internationalbatteryinc.com/ironphosphatecells.htm
>
> --
> Electric Vehicle Integrated Electronic Systems
> http://www.evie-systems.com
> Garland, Texas USA

Nabble.com.

Re: Li Polymer batteries - "Group Buy"

rm dazzor

Seems my thread about making a bulk buy got off course
somewhere...

I will start a new one.

And I made several replies last night and nothing is
showing up here!!!

I am in Guangzhou, China and trying to put together a
bulk order. Actually I have been talking to several
conversion shops that are interested in me doing this
full time and I cannot be more happy. Gives me a way
into the EV profession. I have to set up a testing
facillity to make sure the batteries from the
factories are usable - at least out the door so you
guys do not get DOAs. I got a quote of $1.00/Ah but
that is no BMS or charges so I need to deal with that
issue also. And I have to make a purchase of 1000 -
100Ah cells. At this point is all looks very doable.
Still need to get secifics on logistics, shipping fees
and regulations. But I have a lot of friends here in
that business that should know the ropes so that
should be ok.

Please ask any questions...
Thanks,
Rick
msn: [hidden email]

--- Joel Sell <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Can you say "Group Buy"? While I'm not in the
> position to participate in this particular buy, I'll
> bet that once you get 10 or more members interested
> and you tell the company you want 400+ cells, you
> might have their ear.
> Good luck.
> Joel in Philly
>
> --- On Tue, 3/17/09, AMPhibian
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> From: AMPhibian <[hidden email]>
> Subject: Re: [EVDL] Li Polymer batteries
> To: [hidden email]
> Date: Tuesday, March 17, 2009, 7:44 PM
>
> Good luck with that, I've tried contacting them
> twice and once they found
> out
> I wasn't a business looking for repeated bulk
> purchases they just stopped
> replying.  The last email I received from them said
> "How many cells will
> your company need each month?"  My reply that I was
> an individual looking
> for 30-40 cells went unanswered.
>
> John
>

> mark at evie-systems wrote:
> >
> > What about this company?

http://www.internationalbatteryinc.com/ironphosphatecells.htm

> > --
> > Electric Vehicle Integrated Electronic Systems
> > http://www.evie-systems.com
> > Garland, Texas USA

> Nabble.com.

Re: Li Polymer batteries - "Group Buy"

Peter Gabrielsson
So I believe it was Roger H. who asked you some pertinent questions
that basically boils down to: How do we know you're not out to scam
people? I didn't see an answer to that?

No offense, the EV community gets a fair amount of spammers.

www.electric-lemon.com

Re: Li Polymer batteries - "Group Buy"

rm dazzor

i feel that my post last night did not go through.
i was told that my messages don't echo, but they were
at first. so maybe i am just confused.

my original thread was hijacked and now is off on
battery swaps.... so i guess i need to start a new
one.

new thread - how to prove i am serious and not trying
to scam everyone..... I sent an extenive reply to
Roger H., did it show? Maybe i did not offer anything
signifigant?

geeze , i don't even have a fancy web site....

what do you suggest that i do to prove myself? I am
seriouse about getting this going and need to figure
out how to do it.

there is also a second problem. i would have to have
30% deposite then the balance BEFORE shipping. that is
the way the factories work. at least the ones that are
still in business after the economic crash... even if
i was able to establish a $100,000 line of credit and
ship first - how to know you guys will pay me. so
there are several things here we need to figure out. i
will stick with this ....

--- Peter Gabrielsson <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> [...]
> I'll
> >> bet that once you get 10 or more members
> interested
> >> and you tell the company you want 400+ cells, you
> >> might have their ear.
> >> Good luck.
> >> Joel in Philly
> >>
> >> --- On Tue, 3/17/09, AMPhibian
> >> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >>
> >> From: AMPhibian <[hidden email]>
> >> Subject: Re: [EVDL] Li Polymer batteries
> >> To: [hidden email]
> >> Date: Tuesday, March 17, 2009, 7:44 PM
> >>
> >> Good luck with that, I've tried contacting them
> >> twice and once they found
> >> out
> >> I wasn't a business looking for repeated bulk
> >> purchases they just stopped
> >> replying.  The last email I received from them
> said
> >> "How many cells will
> >> your company need each month?"  My reply that I

Jake Anderson-3
rm dazzor wrote:

> i feel that my post last night did not go through.
> i was told that my messages don't echo, but they were
> at first. so maybe i am just confused.
>
> my original thread was hijacked and now is off on
> battery swaps.... so i guess i need to start a new
> one.
>
> new thread - how to prove i am serious and not trying
> to scam everyone..... I sent an extenive reply to
> Roger H., did it show? Maybe i did not offer anything
> signifigant?
>
> geeze , i don't even have a fancy web site....
>
> what do you suggest that i do to prove myself? I am
> seriouse about getting this going and need to figure
> out how to do it.
>
> there is also a second problem. i would have to have
> 30% deposite then the balance BEFORE shipping. that is
> the way the factories work. at least the ones that are
> still in business after the economic crash... even if
> i was able to establish a $100,000 line of credit and
> ship first - how to know you guys will pay me. so
> there are several things here we need to figure out. i
> will stick with this ....

Typically you would use an escrow service for something like this.
A 3rd  (trusted) party holds the money from the people wanting to buy
the goods, you can then buy the goods on your credit and when they have
been shipped the escrow service will transfer the funds to you.

There are also a number of escrow services that also provide the
shipping for you as well.

Re: Li Polymer batteries - "Group Buy"

rm dazzor

Great information Jake.

I promis I will get this all figured out and as you
can tell i need a lot of coaching on how to do it
right...

I am going to resend all my emails from last night. I
think my service provider slipped into the river i
guess...

--- Jake Anderson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> rm dazzor wrote:
> > i feel that my post last night did not go through.
> > i was told that my messages don't echo, but they
> were
> > at first. so maybe i am just confused.
> >
> > my original thread was hijacked and now is off on
> > battery swaps.... so i guess i need to start a new
> > one.
> >
> > new thread - how to prove i am serious and not
> trying
> > to scam everyone..... I sent an extenive reply to
> > Roger H., did it show? Maybe i did not offer
> anything
> > signifigant?
> >
> > geeze , i don't even have a fancy web site....
> >
> > what do you suggest that i do to prove myself? I
> am
> > seriouse about getting this going and need to
> figure
> > out how to do it.
> >
> > there is also a second problem. i would have to
> have
> > 30% deposite then the balance BEFORE shipping.
> that is
> > the way the factories work. at least the ones that
> are
> > still in business after the economic crash... even
> if
> > i was able to establish a $100,000 line of credit
> and
> > ship first - how to know you guys will pay me. so
> > there are several things here we need to figure
> out. i
> > will stick with this ....
> >
> Typically you would use an escrow service for
> something like this.
> A 3rd  (trusted) party holds the money from the
> people wanting to buy
> the goods, you can then buy the goods on your credit
> and when they have
> been shipped the escrow service will transfer the
> funds to you.
>
> There are also a number of escrow services that also
> provide the
> shipping for you as well.

Re: Li Polymer batteries - "Group Buy"

Mike Shipway
EVDLers,
My girlfriend is currently working as a translator in Haikou, China
(Hainan island) which is about 625 km (~390 miles) from Guangzhou.
I know that she goes to Guangzhou occasionally, it is about 1 day by
train, perhaps she could check out Rick on her next visit.

Rick,
If you have need of a translator who is American and who has a basic
understanding of batteries and EVs (through 10 years of association
with me) I know she is always looking for work.  Her recent work has
been with international bicycle races and the Chinese Olympic Tornado
class sailing team.
Her name is Marian Rosenberg.
Phone: 1351-883-8911

Mike
Baltimore, Maryland, USA

On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 1:07 AM, rm dazzor <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Great information Jake.
>
> I promis I will get this all figured out and as you
> can tell i need a lot of coaching on how to do it
> right...
>
> I am going to resend all my emails from last night. I
> think my service provider slipped into the river i
> guess...
>
> --- Jake Anderson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> rm dazzor wrote:
>> > i feel that my post last night did not go through.
>> > i was told that my messages don't echo, but they
>> were
>> > at first. so maybe i am just confused.
>> >
>> > my original thread was hijacked and now is off on
>> > battery swaps.... so i guess i need to start a new
>> > one.
>> >
>> > new thread - how to prove i am serious and not
>> trying
>> > to scam everyone..... I sent an extenive reply to
>> > Roger H., did it show? Maybe i did not offer
>> anything
>> > signifigant?
>> >
>> > geeze , i don't even have a fancy web site....
>> >
>> > what do you suggest that i do to prove myself? I
>> am
>> > seriouse about getting this going and need to
>> figure
>> > out how to do it.
>> >
>> > there is also a second problem. i would have to
>> have
>> > 30% deposite then the balance BEFORE shipping.
>> that is
>> > the way the factories work. at least the ones that
>> are
>> > still in business after the economic crash... even
>> if
>> > i was able to establish a $100,000 line of credit
>> and
>> > ship first - how to know you guys will pay me. so
>> > there are several things here we need to figure
>> out. i
>> > will stick with this ....
>> >
>> Typically you would use an escrow service for
>> something like this.
>> A 3rd  (trusted) party holds the money from the
>> people wanting to buy
>> the goods, you can then buy the goods on your credit
>> and when they have
>> been shipped the escrow service will transfer the
>> funds to you.
>>
>> There are also a number of escrow services that also
>> provide the
>> shipping for you as well.

Re: Li Polymer batteries - "Group Buy"

rm dazzor

Hey Mike,
This is good. Give her my msn:[hidden email] if
she wants to talk online and talk about scheduling. my
number is 15920320875. Does she know you are getting
her into this? I will send her a hello message
tomorrow.
Thanks,
Rick