Lithium Battery Companies

Rush Dougherty
Hi,

Could somebody with more knowledge than me spell out the various players in
the Lithium battery field?
Who are the Thundersky's manufactured by?
Who is Sky Energy?
Rick is buying from who?
Foxx batteries are from who?
etc....

Thank you
Rush
Tucson AZ

Re: Lithium Battery Companies

Jukka Järvinen-2
I believe there are something like 10 factories in China which are
based on TS tech. Factory setup and process has been lisenced by them.
Some companies in US and EU have also aquired tech from TS.

Very important for us EV users is that we have source for cells. No
matter who does and what and is owned by who ever...

-Jukka

2009/4/24 Rush <[hidden email]>:

> Hi,
>
> Could somebody with more knowledge than me spell out the various players in
> the Lithium battery field?
> Who are the Thundersky's manufactured by?
> Who is Sky Energy?
> Rick is buying from who?
> Foxx batteries are from who?
> etc....
>
> Thank you
> Rush
> Tucson AZ

Re: Lithium Battery Companies

poweredbydc
Jukka is correct, there are several companies that are making cells based on TS technology 10 or so in China sounds about right.

They all seem to be independant companies that work with each other on some level.  Not all the factories seem to make all the sizes of cells and from what I understand they buy and sell certain size cells to each other.

TS cells could be from any of the 10 or so campanies that are licensed by them.

Sky Energy is a TS licensee and an indipendent company but also produces cells fro TS
They also have their own new version of the cells which have an improved constant discharge rate and they also perform better in the cold.

I am currently testing the Sky Energy cells and they look impressive so far.

As for Rick he has decided to work together with my businness partner James Morrison and I to combine our orders and get better pricing . We are ordering monthly for our conversion and Parts busnisses. We just placed an order with TS for $150K worth of cells and in doing so we were able to offer the cells at $1.10/AH to our customers

We will be ordering again at the middle to end of May and are currently concidering both TS and Sky Energy.  We will be able to offer the same deal with either of these companies to our customers.

I believe you were refering to Falcon EV  on the last question. The cells he is offering are without a doubt from Sky Energy

Here are some pics of our latest conversion project a 2009 RAV4 EV
http://www.flickr.com/photos/36617301@N05/sets/72157617145858680/

Dave Kois
Powered By DC, LLC
EV Components, LLC
253-988-5020
Rush-5 wrote
Hi,

Could somebody with more knowledge than me spell out the various players in
the Lithium battery field?
Who are the Thundersky's manufactured by?
Who is Sky Energy?
Rick is buying from who?
Foxx batteries are from who?
etc....

Thank you
Rush
Tucson AZ

Dave Kois
Current EV Tech, LLC

Re: Lithium Battery Companies

Roger Heuckeroth
Are you offering a warranty?

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 25, 2009, at 3:26 AM, Powered By DC <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Jukka is correct, there are several companies that are making cells
> based on
> TS technology 10 or so in China sounds about right.
>
> They all seem to be independant companies that work with each other
> on some
> level.  Not all the factories seem to make all the sizes of cells
> and from
> what I understand they buy and sell certain size cells to each other.
>
> TS cells could be from any of the 10 or so campanies that are
> licensed by
> them.
>
> Sky Energy is a TS licensee and an indipendent company but also
> produces
> cells fro TS
> They also have their own new version of the cells which have an
> improved
> constant discharge rate and they also perform better in the cold.
>
> I am currently testing the Sky Energy cells and they look impressive
> so far.
>

> As for Rick he has decided to work together with my businness
> partner James
> Morrison and I to combine our orders and get better pricing .  We just
> placed an order with TS for $150K worth of cells and in doing so we
> were
> able to offer the cells at $1.10/AH to our customers
>
> We will be ordering again at the middle to end of May and are
> currently
> concidering both TS and Sky Energy.  We will be able to offer the
> same deal
> with either of these companies to our customers.
>
> I believe you were refering to Falcon EV  on the last question. The
> cells he
> is offering are without a doubt from Sky Energy
>
> Dave Kois
> Powered By DC, LLC
> EV Components, LLC
> 253-988-5020
>
> Rush-5 wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Could somebody with more knowledge than me spell out the various
>> players
>> in
>> the Lithium battery field?
>> Who are the Thundersky's manufactured by?
>> Who is Sky Energy?
>> Rick is buying from who?
>> Foxx batteries are from who?
>> etc....
>>
>> Thank you
>> Rush
>> Tucson AZ

> -----
> http://www.nabble.com/file/u1293913/Poweredbydc10.jpg
> at Nabble.com.

Re: Lithium Battery Companies

poweredbydc
Yes, we are offering two types of warranty on LIFEPO4 batteries from Thunder-Sky or Sky Energy.

1) one year warranty with a regular purchase.

2) two year warranty if you purchase a BMS with your battery order.

The BMS that we will be offering is one of the best available on the market today and we will be able to offer them to our customers at a substantial savings because we will be buying in volume.
for more info about the BMS we will be offering please see the manufactuers website  www.elithion.com

Dave Kois
Powered By DC, LLC
EV Components, LLC
253-988-5020

Roger Heuckeroth wrote
Are you offering a warranty?

Sent from my iPhone

Dave Kois
Current EV Tech, LLC

Re: Lithium Battery Companies

Roger Heuckeroth
Do you have any pricing on the BMS?

On Apr 25, 2009, at 6:35 PM, Powered By DC wrote:

> [...]
>>>
>>> I am currently testing the Sky Energy cells and they look impressive
>>> so far.
>>>

>>> As for Rick he has decided to work together with my businness
>>> partner James
>>> Morrison and I to combine our orders and get better pricing .  We
>>> just
>>> placed an order with TS for $150K worth of cells and in doing so we
>>> were
>>> able to offer the cells at $1.10/AH to our customers
>>>
>>> We will be ordering again at the middle to end of May and are
>>> currently
>>> concidering both TS and Sky Energy.  We will be able to offer the
>>> same deal
>>> with either of these companies to our customers.
>>>
>>> I believe you were refering to Falcon EV  on the last question. The
>>> cells he
>>> is offering are without a doubt from Sky Energy

Roger-  contact me at dave@evcomponents.com or dave@poweredbydc.com and we can discuss pricing.  I will need information about your battery pack

Dave Kois
Powered By DC, LLC
EV Components, LLC
dave@evcomponents.com
253-988-5020

Roger Heuckeroth wrote

Dave Kois
Current EV Tech, LLC

Re: Lithium Battery Companies

Roger Heuckeroth
I'm all set with my current conversion.  I already ordered a 200V, 100
Ah pack with BMS and charger from Ecity Power, but for my next
conversion that is in the early planning stage I am looking for 144V,
200 Ah.  Can you give my a ballpack cost of the pack with BMS and
charger based on Sky Energy Cells.  I won't buy TS cells based on the
screwing they gave some previous buyers.

On Apr 25, 2009, at 8:31 PM, Powered By DC wrote:

> Roger-  contact me at [hidden email] or [hidden email]
> and we
> can discuss pricing.  I will need information about your battery pack
>
> Dave Kois
> Powered By DC, LLC
> EV Components, LLC
> [hidden email]
> 253-988-5020
>

> Roger Heuckeroth wrote:
>>
>> Do you have any pricing on the BMS?
>>
>> On Apr 25, 2009, at 6:35 PM, Powered By DC wrote:
>>

>>> Yes, we are offering two types of warranty on LIFEPO4 batteries from
>>> Thunder-Sky or Sky Energy.
>>>
>>> 1) one year warranty with a regular purchase.
>>>
>>> 2) two year warranty if you purchase a BMS with your battery order.
>>>

>>> The BMS that we will be offering is one of the best available on the
>>> market
>>> today and we will be able to offer them to our customers at a
>>> substantial
>>> savings because we will be buying in volume.
>>> for more info about the BMS we will be offering please see the
>>> manufactuers
>>> website  www.elithion.com
>>>
>>> Dave Kois
>>> Powered By DC, LLC
>>> EV Components, LLC
>>> 253-988-5020

>>> -----
>>> http://www.nabble.com/file/u1293913/Poweredbydc10.jpg
>>> --
>>> at Nabble.com.

> -----
> http://www.nabble.com/file/u1293913/Poweredbydc10.jpg
> at Nabble.com.

Re: Lithium Battery Companies

Rob Trahms

Hi Roger -
I am intrigued with your comment on the 200V/100Ah pack.
Do you mind sharing what you paid for it (with BMS price)?
Did you work directly with ECity, or through a distributor?
What kind of warranty do you have with ECity for this pack?
Any additional thoughts on ECity?

Thanks!
Rob

Roger Heuckeroth wrote
I'm all set with my current conversion.  I already ordered a 200V, 100
Ah pack with BMS and charger from Ecity Power, but for my next
conversion that is in the early planning stage I am looking for 144V,
200 Ah.  Can you give my a ballpack cost of the pack with BMS and
charger based on Sky Energy Cells.  I won't buy TS cells based on the
screwing they gave some previous buyers.

On Apr 25, 2009, at 8:31 PM, Powered By DC wrote:

> Roger-  contact me at dave@evcomponents.com or dave@poweredbydc.com
> and we
> can discuss pricing.  I will need information about your battery pack
>
> Dave Kois
> Powered By DC, LLC
> EV Components, LLC
> dave@evcomponents.com
> 253-988-5020
>

> Roger Heuckeroth wrote:
>>
>> Do you have any pricing on the BMS?
>>
>> On Apr 25, 2009, at 6:35 PM, Powered By DC wrote:
>>

>>> Yes, we are offering two types of warranty on LIFEPO4 batteries from
>>> Thunder-Sky or Sky Energy.
>>>
>>> 1) one year warranty with a regular purchase.
>>>
>>> 2) two year warranty if you purchase a BMS with your battery order.
>>>

>>> The BMS that we will be offering is one of the best available on the
>>> market
>>> today and we will be able to offer them to our customers at a
>>> substantial
>>> savings because we will be buying in volume.
>>> for more info about the BMS we will be offering please see the
>>> manufactuers
>>> website  www.elithion.com
>>>
>>> Dave Kois
>>> Powered By DC, LLC
>>> EV Components, LLC
>>> 253-988-5020

>>> -----
>>> http://www.nabble.com/file/u1293913/Poweredbydc10.jpg
>>> --
>>> at Nabble.com.

> -----
> http://www.nabble.com/file/u1293913/Poweredbydc10.jpg
> at Nabble.com.

Re: Lithium Battery Companies

Roger Heuckeroth
Sure.  $10,000 for the pack with BMS + another $1,500 for charger and
some custom aluminum cases designed to enclose the pack in 4 16 cell
assemblies.  Freight and customs charges will be another $800-$1,000.

BMS is a highly sophisticated one with active energy balancing.  It
will actively balance cells during discharge.  Includes a 3" LCD
display that shows you the voltage and temperature of each battery,
gives you fuel gauge  readings on charge and discharge.  It also
actively communicates with the charger.  The charger is a 240V, 20
Amp.  Comes with three year warranty.

On Apr 26, 2009, at 11:26 AM, Rob Trahms wrote:

> Hi Roger -
> I am intrigued with your comment on the 200V/100Ah pack.
> Do you mind sharing what you paid for it (with BMS price)?
> Did you work directly with ECity, or through a distributor?
> What kind of warranty do you have with ECity for this pack?
> Any additional thoughts on ECity?
>
> Thanks!
> Rob
>

> Roger Heuckeroth wrote:
>>
>> I'm all set with my current conversion.  I already ordered a 200V,
>> 100
>> Ah pack with BMS and charger from Ecity Power, but for my next
>> conversion that is in the early planning stage I am looking for 144V,
>> 200 Ah.  Can you give my a ballpack cost of the pack with BMS and
>> charger based on Sky Energy Cells.  I won't buy TS cells based on the
>> screwing they gave some previous buyers.
>>
>> On Apr 25, 2009, at 8:31 PM, Powered By DC wrote:
>>

>>> Roger-  contact me at [hidden email] or [hidden email]
>>> and we
>>> can discuss pricing.  I will need information about your battery
>>> pack
>>>
>>> Dave Kois
>>> Powered By DC, LLC
>>> EV Components, LLC
>>> [hidden email]
>>> 253-988-5020

>>> -----
>>> http://www.nabble.com/file/u1293913/Poweredbydc10.jpg
>>> --
>>> at Nabble.com.

> -----
> Rob Trahms
> [hidden email]
> Electro - the Cabby-EV
> http://chaosmgmt.blogspot.com chaosmgmt.blogspot.com

> at Nabble.com.

Re: Lithium Battery Companies

Roger Heuckeroth
Rob,

I forgot to answer a couple of your other questions.

I worked directly with Ecity.  Jack Xie the salesman was very
responsive to answering my questions.

I tested an Ecity cell first at 1C, 2C and 3C.  It performed above my
expectations, and actually exceeded their own specifications for this
cell.

I'll report back once I actually have the battery in my EV.

Roger

On Apr 26, 2009, at 11:26 AM, Rob Trahms wrote:

> Hi Roger -
> I am intrigued with your comment on the 200V/100Ah pack.
> Do you mind sharing what you paid for it (with BMS price)?
> Did you work directly with ECity, or through a distributor?
> What kind of warranty do you have with ECity for this pack?
> Any additional thoughts on ECity?
>
> Thanks!
> Rob
>

> Roger Heuckeroth wrote:
>>
>> I'm all set with my current conversion.  I already ordered a 200V,
>> 100
>> Ah pack with BMS and charger from Ecity Power, but for my next
>> conversion that is in the early planning stage I am looking for 144V,
>> 200 Ah.  Can you give my a ballpack cost of the pack with BMS and
>> charger based on Sky Energy Cells.  I won't buy TS cells based on the
>> screwing they gave some previous buyers.
>>
>> On Apr 25, 2009, at 8:31 PM, Powered By DC wrote:
>>

>>> Roger-  contact me at [hidden email] or [hidden email]
>>> and we
>>> can discuss pricing.  I will need information about your battery
>>> pack
>>>
>>> Dave Kois
>>> Powered By DC, LLC
>>> EV Components, LLC
>>> [hidden email]
>>> 253-988-5020

>>> -----
>>> http://www.nabble.com/file/u1293913/Poweredbydc10.jpg
>>> --
>>> at Nabble.com.

> -----
> Rob Trahms
> [hidden email]
> Electro - the Cabby-EV
> http://chaosmgmt.blogspot.com chaosmgmt.blogspot.com

> at Nabble.com.

Re: Lithium Battery Companies

Rush Dougherty
Roger

Which cell is the battery pack comprised of?

Rush
Tucson AZ

> I forgot to answer a couple of your other questions.
>
> I worked directly with Ecity.  Jack Xie the salesman was very
> responsive to answering my questions.

Re: Lithium Battery Companies

Roger Heuckeroth
100 Ah cell made by Ecity Power.

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 26, 2009, at 4:40 PM, "Rush" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Roger
>
> Which cell is the battery pack comprised of?
>
> Rush
> Tucson AZ

Re: Lithium Battery Companies, Kid Stuff, etc?

Bob Rice-2
   Hi Roger, an' EVerybody;

   Wow! A guy in MY timezone who's gunna take the plunge!?Line is forming
here on the Least Coast? Let us know HOW much they cost, etc?You can DRIVE
over to our meetings? On ONE Charge? I BARELY eeek out 50 miles in the
Jetta, sigh. As Lee Hart pointed out, in his post of late, it's a loosing
battle converting a car, but it's NOW, the only game in town? I mean how
many iron(steel) Airplanes and , performance sailboats are there, anyhow?Of
course Trains are steals, we LOVE weight, what's a few hunded tons among
friends ,on the RR? Weight=traction? Hey John W; need a Zombie
driver?Thinking the same THEORY?You wouldn't catch me driving the
Killo-cycle, though! Scary, enough just WATCHING! Scotty is doing just FINE
on that!

   Other irrevelent stuff: I FINALLY got my 2 and half year old grandkid to
ride with me on my little green Bladz scooter! He wouldn't go NEAR it,
before, but he got up his courage and stepped aboard, holding the handlebars
and standing up between my legs. The SOUND He made was classic, he mimiked
the MOTOR sound , when we buzzed along! As I convinsed him it wasn't a
Veroom Veroom scooter.It was SO cool! EVer take yur kid in an electric
ANYTHING, and they make the motor sound!?Poor little Mixmaster size motor
did itself proud, though. Can ya say "Overloaded?"Can't get him OFF the
thing, now! Got my one year old grandaughter to crawl, the other day, too! I
showed her HOW, the timing thing, between the front and rear "Truck" was the
trick! Now she goes like hell! Next? The Power Wheels things Got loads if
BB-600;s for THEM, pik them up in Tag Sales and the dump!I''ll bet BB-600's
will run a Power Wheels thing all day!?

   Seeya

   Bob.
> I'm all set with my current conversion.  I already ordered a 200V, 100
> Ah pack with BMS and charger from Ecity Power, but for my next
> conversion that is in the early planning stage I am looking for 144V,
> 200 Ah.  Can you give my a ballpack cost of the pack with BMS and
> charger based on Sky Energy Cells.  I won't buy TS cells based on the
> screwing they gave some previous buyers.
>
> On Apr 25, 2009, at 8:31 PM, Powered By DC wrote:
>

>> Roger-  contact me at [hidden email] or [hidden email]
>> and we
>> can discuss pricing.  I will need information about your battery pack
>>
>> Dave Kois
>> Powered By DC, LLC
>> EV Components, LLC
>> [hidden email]
>> 253-988-5020
>>

>> Roger Heuckeroth wrote:
>>>
>>> Do you have any pricing on the BMS?

>> -----
>> http://www.nabble.com/file/u1293913/Poweredbydc10.jpg
>> --
>> at Nabble.com.

Re: Lithium Battery Companies, Kid Stuff, etc?

Roger Heuckeroth
Bob,

I guess its remotely possible that I could drive all the way down to
one of your meetings.  If I take the most direct route and do some
hypermiling techniques I would have to average <200 w/mile.  Maybe if
I drove 35 MPH and didn't touch the brake except when the only other
option is crash.  The other option would be if there was a charge
point in between here and there.  My charger can do a full charge from
100% DOD in 4 hours on 240V.  Know of any charge point about midway
between Saugerties, NY and Killingworth, CT?  Maybe around Litchfield,
or Torrington?

I'm hoping with normal driving to get a 60+ mile range to 80% DOD.
That will cover over 95% of our daily driving.  The Audi has a pretty
low CD number and the weight will be right around stock weight, maybe
a tad less.  I think 250 w/mile is realistic for the area that we live
in (not much traffic and few traffic lights  Time will tell...

Roger

On Apr 27, 2009, at 1:44 AM, Bob Rice wrote:

>   Hi Roger, an' EVerybody;
>
>   Wow! A guy in MY timezone who's gunna take the plunge!?Line is
> forming
> here on the Least Coast? Let us know HOW much they cost, etc?You can
> DRIVE
> over to our meetings? On ONE Charge? I BARELY eeek out 50 miles in the
> Jetta, sigh. As Lee Hart pointed out, in his post of late, it's a
> loosing
> battle converting a car, but it's NOW, the only game in town? I mean
> how
> many iron(steel) Airplanes and , performance sailboats are there,
> anyhow?Of
> course Trains are steals, we LOVE weight, what's a few hunded tons
> among
> friends ,on the RR? Weight=traction? Hey John W; need a Zombie
> driver?Thinking the same THEORY?You wouldn't catch me driving the
> Killo-cycle, though! Scary, enough just WATCHING! Scotty is doing
> just FINE
> on that!
>
>   Other irrevelent stuff: I FINALLY got my 2 and half year old
> grandkid to
> ride with me on my little green Bladz scooter! He wouldn't go NEAR it,
> before, but he got up his courage and stepped aboard, holding the
> handlebars
> and standing up between my legs. The SOUND He made was classic, he
> mimiked
> the MOTOR sound , when we buzzed along! As I convinsed him it wasn't a
> Veroom Veroom scooter.It was SO cool! EVer take yur kid in an electric
> ANYTHING, and they make the motor sound!?Poor little Mixmaster size
> motor
> did itself proud, though. Can ya say "Overloaded?"Can't get him OFF
> the
> thing, now! Got my one year old grandaughter to crawl, the other
> day, too! I
> showed her HOW, the timing thing, between the front and rear "Truck"
> was the
> trick! Now she goes like hell! Next? The Power Wheels things Got
> loads if
> BB-600;s for THEM, pik them up in Tag Sales and the dump!I''ll bet
> BB-600's
> will run a Power Wheels thing all day!?
>
>   Seeya
>
>   Bob.

   I'm guessing were looking at a 100 mile PLUS run? 240 volts IS somewhat
obtainable, in the right places? Ya read my KW~Boston Trek in my Sentra,12
HOURS! Ya bring a GOOD book, or shitload of those unread magazines you
haven't had a chance to look at! I try Garages,auto body shops, etc? there
is NOTHING more painful that WATCHING/WAITING for a EV to Charge!Like
watching water grow, grass boiling, or Baseball on TV!

    How WILL Lithiums handle a 100% discharge anyhow?Will they die slowly,
painfully, as you ooze along at 25 mph, or just STOP putting out juice
whereever you are? no warning?I guess a trunk full of Honda Genny would be
good! A do-it-yurself Prius? A good size machine on a trailer, JUST for the
looong trips? THAT'S dooable? And you won't be stranded?Maybe a 15-20 KW
unit?

    YMMV?

     Bob, THINKING, lite trailer in hand?NO genny yet!
> [...]
>> handlebars
>> and standing up between my legs. The SOUND He made was classic, he
>> mimiked
>> the MOTOR sound , when we buzzed along! As I convinsed him it wasn't a
>> Veroom Veroom scooter.It was SO cool! EVer take yur kid in an electric
>> ANYTHING, and they make the motor sound!?Poor little Mixmaster size
>> motor
>> did itself proud, though. Can ya say "Overloaded?"Can't get him OFF
>> the
>> thing, now! Got my one year old grandaughter to crawl, the other
>> day, too! I
>> showed her HOW, the timing thing, between the front and rear "Truck"
>> was the
>> trick! Now she goes like hell! Next? The Power Wheels things Got
>> loads if
>> BB-600;s for THEM, pik them up in Tag Sales and the dump!I''ll bet

I don't really like the haul a genny around concept.  Kind of defeats
the whole idea of a pure EV.  I just though by chance you knew someone
up in that area, that would let me get a quick charge.

Well worst comes to worst I could trailer it down for a show and tell
at some point.

See ya,
Roger

On Apr 27, 2009, at 10:46 AM, Bob Rice wrote:

>  Hi Roger;
>
>   I'm guessing were looking at a 100 mile PLUS run? 240 volts IS
> somewhat
> obtainable, in the right places? Ya read my KW~Boston Trek in my
> Sentra,12
> HOURS! Ya bring a GOOD book, or shitload of those unread magazines you
> haven't had a chance to look at! I try Garages,auto body shops, etc?
> there
> is NOTHING more painful that WATCHING/WAITING for a EV to Charge!Like
> watching water grow, grass boiling, or Baseball on TV!
>
>    How WILL Lithiums handle a 100% discharge anyhow?Will they die
> slowly,
> painfully, as you ooze along at 25 mph, or just STOP putting out juice
> whereever you are? no warning?I guess a trunk full of Honda Genny
> would be
> good! A do-it-yurself Prius? A good size machine on a trailer, JUST
> for the
> looong trips? THAT'S dooable? And you won't be stranded?Maybe a
> 15-20 KW
> unit?
>
>    YMMV?
>
>     Bob, THINKING, lite trailer in hand?NO genny yet!

Nicolas Drouin
If you're looking for available 240V outlets: most automotive garages
have a welding plug -- and you know that most mechanics would love to
go over the car with you in return for a chance to charge.
I have a little adapter in my trunk for just such an emergency; I
imagine it would just be a matter of calling ahead.

-Nick

On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 11:37 AM, Roger Heuckeroth
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Bob,
>
> I don't really like the haul a genny around concept.  Kind of defeats
> the whole idea of a pure EV.  I just though by chance you knew someone
> up in that area, that would let me get a quick charge.
>
> Well worst comes to worst I could trailer it down for a show and tell
> at some point.
>
> See ya,
> Roger
>
> On Apr 27, 2009, at 10:46 AM, Bob Rice wrote:
>
>>  Hi Roger;
>>
>>   I'm guessing were looking at a 100 mile PLUS run? 240 volts IS
>> somewhat
>> obtainable, in the right places? Ya read my KW~Boston Trek in my
>> Sentra,12
>> HOURS! Ya bring a GOOD book, or shitload of those unread magazines you
>> haven't had a chance to look at! I try Garages,auto body shops, etc?
>> there
>> is NOTHING more painful that WATCHING/WAITING for a EV to Charge!Like
>> watching water grow, grass boiling, or Baseball on TV!
>>
>>    How WILL Lithiums handle a 100% discharge anyhow?Will they die
>> slowly,
>> painfully, as you ooze along at 25 mph, or just STOP putting out juice
>> whereever you are? no warning?I guess a trunk full of Honda Genny
>> would be
>> good! A do-it-yurself Prius? A good size machine on a trailer, JUST
>> for the
>> looong trips? THAT'S dooable? And you won't be stranded?Maybe a
>> 15-20 KW
>> unit?
>>
>>    YMMV?
>>
>>     Bob, THINKING, lite trailer in hand?NO genny yet!

   Roger;

   Yeah! I know, trailer gennies isn't appealing, for SURE! BUT IF you have
one car and NEED to go beyond yur range? Oh it may NOT just keep ya going,
but it COULD extend yur range as you aren't pulling lottsa amps ALL the
time? So yur pak is snacking, going down hill, stopped at lights etc?As to
knowing anybody up there , Nope, I'm out of luck.
     Oh wait a minute? Kent, CT. Home of the CT Antique Machinery Assoc.
Museam site? IF they are there, I'm SURE there is 240 in one of their
buildings?I've been a member for YEARS! Just tell 'em ya know me? they
probably remember my Rabbit visit a few years ago? THEY are having theor
Spring Thing this weakend, It's worth the trip from most anywhere! Check out
the HUGH steam power plant engine, they even RUN it, it swings a 20 foot
flywheel, horizontal double acting machine. When's the last time ya saw a
Skinner Uniflow steam power plant engine, a new one, built in the
thirties?You can stand next to it and chat, as it's silent! Narrow gage 3'
RR, ENGINES of all sizes, cars, Stanlies,Fords, Old Trux, Bettya didn't know
we have a cool TRUCK museun, too, down the road a piece.  Tracters, those
HUGH road locomotives, wheels taller than me, that could pull the Titanic
from it's resting(rusting) place with enough chain!So youse Least Coast guyz
GO! Yul love the place!Google the website. Shameless plug here from a Museum
fan, guy.Or one of the Great things in living in Corrupticut,As the travel
folks say "CT. Full of Surprises" I don't think they had in mind yur
Electric Bill? You MIGHT beable to charge at the "Golden Age of Trucking
Museum", JUST off I-84. Ya see the signs?I'm not a member of THIS one, but
worth a try?Drive in and go into "Beg" mode?

    I'm working on a towing rig for my Ford Van, to just flat tow the Jetta
to shows. The Rhineback Car Hoo Hah is coming up, will go on Fri, Jetta in
tow.THIS time I'll have BOLTS and NUTS to hold the #$%^ pins in! I towed all
over hell and gone with the rig, before! Never an issue!It IS wear and tear
on the car, though? But easier than trying to arrange a Trailer$$$ as
needed!Car arrives fresh and rested ,off the trailer, though.

    YMMV?

     Bob
> I don't really like the haul a genny around concept.  Kind of defeats
> the whole idea of a pure EV.  I just though by chance you knew someone
> up in that area, that would let me get a quick charge.
>
> Well worst comes to worst I could trailer it down for a show and tell
> at some point.
>
> See ya,
> Roger
>
> On Apr 27, 2009, at 10:46 AM, Bob Rice wrote:
>
>>  Hi Roger;
>>
>>   I'm guessing were looking at a 100 mile PLUS run? 240 volts IS
>> somewhat
>> obtainable, in the right places? Ya read my KW~Boston Trek in my
>> Sentra,12
>> HOURS! Ya bring a GOOD book, or shitload of those unread magazines you
>> haven't had a chance to look at! I try Garages,auto body shops, etc?
>> there
>> is NOTHING more painful that WATCHING/WAITING for a EV to Charge!Like
>> watching water grow, grass boiling, or Baseball on TV!
>>
>>    How WILL Lithiums handle a 100% discharge anyhow?Will they die
>> slowly,
>> painfully, as you ooze along at 25 mph, or just STOP putting out juice
>> whereever you are? no warning?I guess a trunk full of Honda Genny
>> would be
>> good! A do-it-yurself Prius? A good size machine on a trailer, JUST
>> for the
>> looong trips? THAT'S dooable? And you won't be stranded?Maybe a
>> 15-20 KW
>> unit?
>>
>>    YMMV?
>>
>>     Bob, THINKING, lite trailer in hand?NO genny yet!

dave cover-2
I'm kinda sorta about midway from your place to Bobs. A little off the
beaten path. I'm 86 miles from Saugerties and about 50 miles from
Bobs. Storm is close to me also.

More than half of the drive from my house to Bob's is highway.
Trailering might be the better option, unless you have plenty of time.

Dave Cover, 800 feet above sea level

http://www.evalbum.com/2149