Look at low price on New AC-3 1motor ebay listing

1234 ... 6

Look at low price on New AC-3 1motor ebay listing

Cruisin
Unbelievable low price on a brand new AC-31 motor on ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181041662476?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1586.l2649

Re: Look at low price on New AC-3 1motor ebay listing

David Chapman-9
Appears that this has a "universal" adapter plate included or is the seller providing an adapter made to order? Seller also has a curtis controller. Are these any good? Seems like this would be a great setup for an aircooled VW conversion. Dach.

________________________________
Unbelievable low price on a brand new AC-31 motor on ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181041662476?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1586.l2649

Re: Look at low price on New AC-3 1motor ebay listing

Randy
It looks like its a golf cart drive end with no bearing. They then have
built the "adapter" with the bearing in it.
It looks like its got the internal golf cart spline with no external key
way.
Might be tricky making a hub for this.
We built a Suzuki Swift with one of these AC31's and it performed very
well but it had the standard 1 1/8" keyed shaft so our stock adapter fit.

BFN
Randy

On 09/12/2012 9:04 PM, David wrote:

> Appears that this has a "universal" adapter plate included or is the seller providing an adapter made to order? Seller also has a curtis controller. Are these any good? Seems like this would be a great setup for an aircooled VW conversion. Dach.
>

> ________________________________

mizlplix
I think the adapter is for a golf cart rear axle.  this is a really small
motor for even a VW.

miz

On Sun, Dec 9, 2012 at 10:04 PM, David <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Appears that this has a "universal" adapter plate included or is the
> seller providing an adapter made to order? Seller also has a curtis
> controller. Are these any good? Seems like this would be a great setup for
> an aircooled VW conversion. Dach.
>

> ________________________________

"The more you look, The more you find."

Re: Look at low price on New AC-3 1motor ebay listing

Cor van de Water
Depends on your expectations, I have a pickup with less motor power
(controller limit - I am quite sure that the 11" GE motor can
sustain a tad more power)

BTW, is cruisin promoting his own Ebay sale or is 1eyedcruiser not the
same as cruisin and is the similarity in name a coincidence?
I don't mind someone pushing sales of appropriately disclosed and
relevant products. My question and curiosity is mainly with the
disclosure...
The Ebay seller is very secretive about location and all his sales are
private, so that would be a serious threshold for me to engage in
business with a person that is hiding his identity and whereabouts so
well. Not that it will stop me from buying items from Hong Kong or even
Russia as I have - but sending a few bucks into a rabbithole is
different than a few grand...

Cor van de Water
Chief Scientist
Email: [hidden email] Private: http://www.cvandewater.info
Skype: cor_van_de_water Tel: +1 408 383 7626

I think the adapter is for a golf cart rear axle.  this is a really
small
motor for even a VW.

miz

On Sun, Dec 9, 2012 at 10:04 PM, David <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Appears that this has a "universal" adapter plate included or is the
> seller providing an adapter made to order? Seller also has a curtis
> controller. Are these any good? Seems like this would be a great setup
for

> an aircooled VW conversion. Dach.
>

> ________________________________

Randy, you are wrong. In the picture of the motor with the adapter removed, you can see the bearing installed in the motor. The adapter plate does not hold the bearing in. The adapter plate was made for a OEM that sells NEV vehicles. The plate can be turned so that is the same diameter of the motor and drilled for a EV adapter. The coupler installed on the shaft can be welded to a clutch spline to mate with most tranny's or flywheels. This has been done many times and works very well. Coupler could be removed and reworked for a different application. I saw one that had a keyway put into the existing 2-3/8" OD coupling and another coupling 2-3/8" ID with set screws installed on it. This installation was used on a drag machine working very well.
Mitz, this motor has more torque than your AC-50 at speeds up to about 2k RPM. Many people have used this motor in conversions and are very happy with it. One such installation uses 2 AC-31 motors which provides over 220 lbs torque.

I cant imagine anybody being paranoid about the seller and his location when he buys from CHINA sight unseen. The person that says that when buying on EBAY and Paying through Paypal and could pick up in person in the BAY AREA, should re-evaluate their concerns.

Motors and Controllers are brand NEW as stated in the EBAY listing.

On 10 Dec 2012 at 4:51, Cor van de Water wrote:

> I don't mind someone pushing sales of appropriately disclosed and
> relevant products. My question and curiosity is mainly with the
> disclosure...

The guidelines for mentioning commercial stuff on the EVDL are at

http://www.evdl.org/help/index.html#conv

see point #3.

Obviously the expectation is that EVDLers will deal fairly and openly with
one another.  I also agree that when promoting such sales, disclosure of the
relationship with the seller (even if it's "none") is, at the very least, a
really good idea.

On 10 Dec 2012 at 6:35, Cruisin wrote:

> The adapter plate was made for a OEM ... Motors and Controllers are
> brand NEW as stated in the EBAY listing.

I'd say Crusin has answered Cor's question, albeit indirectly.

Folks, when mentioning on the EVDL items that are for sale, please disclose
your relationship with the seller (even if that relationship is "none").

Re: Look at low price on New AC-3 1motor ebay listing

Hi Cruisin,

Nothing personal, but if someone is not signing with their own name,
it is unclear whether they are the person selling or not and there
is no other location information than "USA" while every auction is
private, so there is no information that can be gleaned from the
selling history other than that the feedback is 100% (which is
very good BTW, congrats) then I am wondering what there is to hide
and why no details of anything are available.
Call me paranoid if you like - unfortunately there have been a
couple of converters on this list burned by sending money and
not getting what they paid for. Sending a couple grand means that you
need to be sure to get what you pay for since it will take a long time
to save up that amount of money.

Buying sight unseen from China is not a problem if it is a $3 LED lamp
and you are aware that you may lose all of those 3 bucks if the light
does not arrive or fails within the first few hours. Since LED lighting
is still quite immature but I like to experiment, I am not afraid to buy
a bunch of all different lights to get an idea of what works and what
does not.
Losing the equivalent of a cup of coffee is not something that I worry
about for long since it is easily replaced. Good to know that you are
local, I prefer to look someone in the eye if the occasion comes to hand
over a four figure wad of cash - which I have done more than a couple of
times, once for each of the 12 cars I have bought over the years for
example.

I take it that you are also in the south bay area - we should try to
meet some day, or maybe we already have - I do not know since you do not
show your name.
It may be wise to disclose that you are the person
repairing/reprogramming the Curtis controllers instead of the evading
statement "I have been asked to post this info" and in this case, you
are the seller of the AC motor and controller. That way, at least it is
clear that you can be asked to provide details about the auctioned
items, on or off list.

Chief Scientist
Email: [hidden email] Private: http://www.cvandewater.info
Skype: cor_van_de_water Tel: +1 408 383 7626

Re: Look at low price on New AC-3 1motor ebay listing

EVDL Administrator
On 10 Dec 2012 at 8:58, Cor van de Water wrote:

> It may be wise to disclose that you are the person
> repairing/reprogramming the Curtis controllers instead of the evading
> statement "I have been asked to post this info" and in this case, you
> are the seller of the AC motor and controller.

IMO, it's always in the best interest of both buyer and seller to disclose
as much as possible.  For the buyer, it helps build confidence.  This in
turn improves the seller's chances of a sale and a good return.  I would not
want to buy from someone who seemed to be trying to hide his identity, or
who might be guarding potentially useful information.

I take the point that buying through Ebay gives the buyer significant
protection.  I also understand a desire for privacy.  However, as anybody
who's gone through it will tell you, it's not a cakewalk to negotiate Ebay's
dispute resolution process.  If things go wrong with a trade (and I'm not
suggesting they will here), you as a buyer are apt to get your money back
eventually; Ebay tends to err on the side of the buyer.  However, you can
still have your cash tied up for weeks or months, and potentially miss other
deals (or, worse, the house payment).

I've bought and sold EV parts many times over the years.  Most of it was
privately in trades negotiated by phone or email.  I've generally found
EVers to be trustworthy, although one guy I bought a controller from threw
it in a box with a few sheets of newspaper and called that packing it; the
box arrived in tatters but miraculously the controller survived.

However, we've all seen some other trades and sales go sour; they've been
much discussed on this list.  And while I can't speak for others, I will say
that, because I've had to file for a Paypal resolution on a large purchase
(not EV parts),  I'm now more cautious about making large purchases on Ebay.
Anything that seems a bit "off" with a seller or his listing will mean that
I'll just close the browser window rather than go against my instincts -
even when the price is really, really good.

I suspect I'm not the only one.  Thus it probably behooves any seller to be
as transparent as possible, to broaden the number of potential buyers and
create a competitive bidding environment.

And I'll say again : when promoting your auction or sale on the EVDL, please
be as forthcoming and transparent as possible.

Re: Look at low price on New AC-3 1motor ebay listing

Cruisin
David, I do not disagree with your comments but would argue that if you have not been a seller of EV products, you really don't know the caliber of some buyers. I have been doing this longer than most have been alive and have taught EV conversion classes for years. let me make one point, a forum member who directs another member to a EBAY listing has no obligation to tell the member he is the seller. he is not dishonest, just wants to remain natural in his forums posting, except for clarification and advisement. Have any of these complaining people gone to Trade and looked at the listing? The answer is probably NO. Most of the members don't buy anything, Hell they don't even have a conversion, or if they do they don't run. I am not bad mouthing just want to explain where I am coming from with more wisdom in this business than most. If I would have been asked if I was the same person I would have answered yes. Different email address are used for different purposes as most do also. The same people who spout off here are on DIY where it is posted with my name and ph#. Why then complain here. I was asked by two members to post the ebay listing and I did. The complainer didn't know that. Why then, complain? By the way, EBAY and Paypal are not the only assurance that a product will be delivered as described, your credit card is and your money is returned to your account when the product is returned. You didn't mentioned that. You do have some people here who never buy from anyone but want to find fault with those who sell. Ask any reseller of EV components, who I talk to daily, and they will back me on what I have said above. There is a name for people who hang around forums and complain about others, I am sure you have heard it as well. Enough said, hope everybody now knows I am the seller on ebay and Trade. By the way my EBAY is 100%.

Re: Look at low price on New AC-3 1motor ebay listing

John O'Connor
Except if the email list has guidelines that encourage or require disclosure, it "borders on" dishonest to remain "natural" (sic) when announcing an ebay listing.

Regardless of what the actual disclosure rules are, I believe this list community generally expect disclosure.

John

On 10 Dec 2012 at 15:18, John O'Connor wrote:

> Except if the email list has guidelines that encourage or require
> disclosure, it "borders on" dishonest to remain "natural" (sic) when
> announcing an ebay listing.
>
> Regardless of what the actual disclosure rules are, I believe this list
> community generally expect disclosure.

I'm not sure I'd go as far as saying it borders on dishonesty.  But it's not
the kind of openness and transparency I think should exist here - or
anywhere that folks of common interest gather.

When someone posts an item that he has for sale but doesn't admit that it's
his item, it certainly makes you wonder, what's up with that?

I think it's kind of sad that a few folks seem to expect other EVDLers to be
antagonists or freeloaders.  Yes, caution is a good idea, but so is trust,
at least until you have a reason not to.

Also, to be fair, the EVDL didn't really have any kind of policy on sellers'
disclosure when the item was posted.  It does now.

Re: Look at low price on New AC-3 1motor ebay listing

Cruisin
David, my intent was not to post items here for sale as this is not the proper place. I post it on Trade with ph# and all. That's more than what others do. As a example, there are two people posting Azure motors on ebay and DIY, they use different emails and don't identify themselves. Also haven't answered more than 20 emails asking for details. I don't see those here complaining about them there or here. Sounds fishy to me. Thanks anyway for your input.

Re: Look at low price on New AC-3 1motor ebay listing

Jeff Major
That's odd.  I do not see where you have it listed there.  Are you not banned from DIY, twice now?

The same people who spout off here are on DIY
where it is posted with my name and ph#.

Re: Look at low price on New AC-3 1motor ebay listing

Cruisin
I posted the same information about the AC-31 as the seller did about his Azure and I was banned for it. My posting where probably removed. Did you look in the for sale stuff? It was there as well as on Trade. Did you look there. What's your point? Post the meaning for your statement here that is not conducive of nice things to say. Thats odd.

Re: Look at low price on New AC-3 1motor ebay listing

Ruckus
This motor is not cheap, it is unusable unless you have a golf cart.

On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 4:54 AM, Dean Borchert <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I think the adapter is for a golf cart rear axle.  this is a really small
> motor for even a VW.
>
> miz
>
> On Sun, Dec 9, 2012 at 10:04 PM, David <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Appears that this has a "universal" adapter plate included or is the
> > seller providing an adapter made to order? Seller also has a curtis
> > controller. Are these any good? Seems like this would be a great setup
> for
> > an aircooled VW conversion. Dach.
> >

> > ________________________________

Marcus Reddish

*North Valley Systems LLC*
Stevensville, Montana
406-360-8628
northvalleyev.com

Re: Look at low price on New AC-3 1motor ebay listing

Cruisin
You are grossly wrong Marcus, the adapter plate is for a electric car. I have some cut down to 9" so that you can drill into the plate with your own bolt pattern to bolt to any adapter plate. If requested, I can have that done for the buyer.

Re: Look at low price on New AC-3 1motor ebay listing

mizlplix
LOL, I think almost everything has more torque than my AC50. That is why I
removed it from my car and have a custom wound larger AC motor on the way
for installation.

Miz

On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 7:35 AM, Cruisin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Randy, you are wrong. In the picture of the motor with the adapter removed,
> you can see the bearing installed in the motor. The adapter plate does not
> hold the bearing in. The adapter plate was made for a OEM that sells NEV
> vehicles. The plate can be turned so that is the same diameter of the motor
> and drilled for a EV adapter. The coupler installed on the shaft can be
> welded to a clutch spline to mate with most tranny's or flywheels. This has
> been done many times and works very well. Coupler could be removed and
> reworked for a different application. I saw one that had a keyway put into
> the existing 2-3/8" OD coupling and another coupling 2-3/8" ID with set
> screws installed on it. This installation was used on a drag machine
> working
> very well.
> Mitz, this motor has more torque than your AC-50 at speeds up to about 2k
> RPM. Many people have used this motor in conversions and are very happy
> with
> it. One such installation uses 2 AC-31 motors which provides over 220 lbs
> torque.
>
> I cant imagine anybody being paranoid about the seller and his location
> when
> he buys from CHINA sight unseen. The person that says that when buying on
> EBAY and Paying through Paypal and could pick up in person in the BAY AREA,
> should re-evaluate their concerns.
>
> Motors and Controllers are brand NEW as stated in the EBAY listing.

"The more you look, The more you find."

Re: Look at low price on New AC-3 1motor ebay listing and chilling.....

rodhower
Cruisin,
I would like to offer some advise from an outside source that has
no financial gain. I think one of the things that people have a problem with
is your defensive posts that make responses to your emails seem trivial or
accusatory.
I believe people on this list want answers to EV questions and don't want to be
persecuted. Perhaps you should take a chill pill Cruisin!