Martin Eberhard: No longer CEO of Tesla Motors!!!

Martin Eberhard: No longer CEO of Tesla Motors!!!

Joseph T.
The title says it for itself. :(

http://www.autobloggreen.com/2007/08/12/breaking-tesla-to-replace-ceo

Musk is supposed to blog about this tomorrow.

Re: Martin Eberhard: No longer CEO of Tesla Motors!!!

Dan Frederiksen-2
Doesn't look like it's a bad thing. Probably was never meant to stay on
as CEO when it turned big.

Being former CEO of flextronics we can hope he can slim som costs here
and there. Just thinking off the top of my head here (brilliant as ever
:) one could imagine that a mass production might mean we can buy their
parts that might be reasonably priced. Eventually they would have to be.
Just maybe they could be used in home conversions. Let's hope he takes a
look at the electronics and says waaaaaaiit a minute! that's not
supposed to be that expensive. the components don't cost a thing! :)

Dan

Joseph T. wrote:

> The title says it for itself. :(
>
> http://www.autobloggreen.com/2007/08/12/breaking-tesla-to-replace-ceo
>
> Musk is supposed to blog about this tomorrow.

Re: Martin Eberhard: No longer CEO of Tesla Motors!!!

Mark K. Mellis

On Aug 12, 2007, at 4:18 PM, Dan Frederiksen wrote:

> Doesn't look like it's a bad thing. Probably was never meant to
> stay on
> as CEO when it turned big.
>
> Being former CEO of flextronics we can hope he can slim som costs here
> and there. Just thinking off the top of my head here (brilliant as
> ever
> :) one could imagine that a mass production might mean we can buy
> their
> parts that might be reasonably priced. Eventually they would have
> to be.
> Just maybe they could be used in home conversions. Let's hope he
> takes a
> look at the electronics and says waaaaaaiit a minute! that's not
> supposed to be that expensive. the components don't cost a thing! :)

Speaking as a person who worked with Martin at NCD, I can assure you
that he is an expert at squeezing the last mil out of a design. I was
a software guy and we were always singing the blues about Martin and
his "save-a-gate syndrome" - he'd reduce the per-unit cost by taking
out a piece of hardware that took a week of software sweat and blood
to do without. But he was, in general, doing the right thing. (I
can't tell you how much it costs me to admit that, even now, some
seventeen years later :-)

I wish him and Tesla well.

  ...Mark

Re: Martin Eberhard: No longer CEO of Tesla Motors!!!

Dan Frederiksen-2
hehe that's very good to hear. wouldn't mind hearing the cost of the
electronics in the roadster then. if that is indeed still true of him.
and the motor

Mark K. Mellis wrote:

> Speaking as a person who worked with Martin at NCD, I can assure you
> that he is an expert at squeezing the last mil out of a design. I was
> a software guy and we were always singing the blues about Martin and
> his "save-a-gate syndrome" - he'd reduce the per-unit cost by taking
> out a piece of hardware that took a week of software sweat and blood
> to do without. But he was, in general, doing the right thing. (I
> can't tell you how much it costs me to admit that, even now, some
> seventeen years later :-)
>
> I wish him and Tesla well.
>
>   ...Mark

Re: Martin Eberhard: No longer CEO of Tesla Motors!!!

Timothy Balcer
I've watched most of the interviews that Elon Musk has done and in one
of them he commented on how he had to fight with Martin for every
feature that would cost money. :)

--T

Re: Martin Eberhard: No longer CEO of Tesla Motors!!!

mos6507-2
Elon obviously won all those arguments.