Minister, Imam, Rabbi, Reverend bless EVs> God's Plan for Electric Cars (v)

Minister, Imam, Rabbi, Reverend bless EVs> God's Plan for Electric Cars (v)

https://nexusmedianews.com/interfaith-leaders-bless-electric-vehicles-video-6bacdc00bcb7
Interfaith Leaders Bless Electric Vehicles (VIDEO)
Jun 6 2018

[image
https://cdn-images-1.medium.com/max/2000/1*oFSV_nGqUwbtXd11rJp-aA.jpeg
“Commitment to walking upon the Earth softly means reducing our carbon
footprint.”  Source: Pixabay

video
https://youtu.be/eu7GUqprKYE
God's Plan for Electric Cars
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eu7GUqprKYE&feature=youtu.be
]

On a recent Monday morning, Rabbi Abraham drove to Newark, New Jersey to
bless some electric cars. He pulled into the lot behind Mt. Olivet Baptist
Church, parked his Chevy Volt [pih] beside two [Tesla EVs] and headed
inside.

It may sound unusual, but many faiths have ceremonies for blessing a
vehicle. In Hinduism, a puja ceremony is often performed when buying a new
car. The Catholic Church has an official blessing for automobiles. The
blessing at Mt. Olivet was interfaith, with several Baptist ministers, an
imam and Rabbi Abraham in attendance. They all spoke about electric vehicles
not just as objects to be blessed, but as tools for carrying out the larger
spiritual missions of those faiths.
Source: Nexus Media News

“The book of Genesis gives us a job,” Rabbi Abraham said, addressing an
audience of religious leaders and community members from Mt. Olivet’s wooden
pulpit. “We are stewards of this earth. It is our job to take responsibility
for this planet.” Electric cars, Abraham said, can help us protect the Earth
for future generations.

For Imam Saffet Catovic, who also spoke at the event, the importance of
electric vehicles follows logically from a verse in the Koran. “‘The
servants of the merciful are those who walk upon the earth softly,” Catovic
said. “Commitment to walking upon the earth softly means reducing our carbon
footprint.”

Of course, not everyone can afford to buy an electric car, and poorer
communities are often hardest hit by air pollution from vehicle emissions.
In some Newark neighborhoods, one out of every four children have asthma.
Kim Gaddy, an environmental justice organizer for clean water action, spoke
to the group about the need to insure everyone benefits from the shift to
electric vehicles. Communities can cut pollution not just by switching to
electric cars, but also from electrifying public vehicles, such as buses and
police cars. “I come to you as the parent of three children who are
asthmatic,” Gady said. “We have to be concerned about the entire fleet, not
just the personal vehicles.”

Reverend Fletcher Harper echoed Gady’s points. Harper is the head of
GreenFaith, one of the environmental groups that helped organize the event.
The group is putting together an open letter from Newark religious leaders
calling on New Jersey elected officials to invest in electric charging
stations, electrification of municipal fleets, buses and cargo-handling
equipment at ports.

“Breath is life. It’s a very simple thing,” Harper said. “We all need to
breathe, and it’s absolutely wrong that in the wealthiest country in the
world, there are places where the air is so dangerous that it’s not safe to
breathe it.”
[© nexusmedianews.com]

https://sojo.net/articles/interfaith-leaders-hold-blessing-ceremony-electric-cars
Interfaith Leaders Hold Blessing Ceremony for Electric Cars
6-06-2018  On a recent Monday morning, Rabbi Abraham drove to Newark, N.J.
to bless some electric cars. He pulled into the lot behind Mt. Olivet
Baptist Church, parked ...
https://sojo.net/sites/default/files/styles/hero_breakpoints_theme_sojod7_tablet_1x/public/blog/shutterstock_515877400.jpg
http://www.greenfaith.org/
GreenFaith inspires, educates and mobilizes people of diverse religious
backgrounds ...
http://www.greenfaith.org/carousel/the-peoples-climate-march/image

[dated]
http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/Tejas-the-India-to-UK-solar-e-tuk-journey-stalled-by-a-robbery-in-France-tp4683709.html
Tejas the India-to-UK solar e-tuk journey stalled by a robbery in France
7 September 2016   e tuk-tuk received a blessing before departing India ...
https://www.facebook.com/ProjectTejas/
http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/624/cpsprodpb/DF57/production/_91057175_naveenrabelli-hissolartuktukgettingablessinginindia-photonaveenrabelli..jpg