Mo' Batteries!

Bob Rice-2
  Hi EVerybody;

   Well, I did it! Went out and BOUGHT some new batteries(Gasp!) I went to my Interstate guy, right here in Killingworth. Asked them to sit down, the shock could have a dire effect?! I arrrived, this AM, in my faithful trusty Ford van, my beast of burden, laden with 12 beaten to death, blown up DEAD T-105's and others. They are worth FIFTEEN bux, each, dead or alive, topless or how EVer they are dressed. Loaded up with the Interstate version of the US 2200's, Workahaulics They are pretty, will go nicely, silver grey in the silver grey Nissan Sentra. They EVen had posts I can actually USE, the offset automotive posts with the hole in it. Sigh. Thinking of recasting them WITHOUT the hole, put a mould over then and melt-fill the thing up solid.I think the Del City cast terminals will "Bite" them OK. This Isn't gunna be a racer, more an upgrade(Big One) from a City Car in performance. Something you can run, say 5-10 miles each way to work on Citi Streets. Top speed of, maybe 60?!
 I drove a 72 volt Rabbit a few years ago and was impressed with it's feather lite handling and decent road performance, It DID get up to 60, with lousy batteries, with a Curtis, EVen. I have run quicker trains! Acela comes to mind<g>! But as David sez; Racing isn't EVerything. But it is more fun than wars to develop technology! So I got a 8 battey wrack in the trunk, already, and a 4 pack in front, so I won't need power steering. Next two goodies is controller. I picked out an Alltrax, 72 volt at 450 amps, no tire smoke here, but around 500 bux, I picked up and looked at a few, off the Alltrax shelf, when there, last month. Next thing will be a cheepo charger? I  am trying to keep costs reasonable. Any ideaz? Who makes a small 72 volter 10-15 amps out, Like a K and W? Maybe THEY do?

   It's a building block type car. It's new guy wants to go faster the Impulse 9" will be strong enough to do decently? Stuff in MORE batteries to go faster and a Zilla, A PFC 50 too if ya like?Thinking of a hot water heater, pumping water through the existing heater core. No I DON'T want to take the #$%& heater apart! Four /50  A/C 4 windoz down-50 MPH.

    I maybe put the cart before the horse here, I doin't really NEED the batteries, as the motor isn't EVen IN the car, yet. Buyt EVerybody in the battery biz, I taslked to, sez" Buy NOW, they are going up Sept" So I took the hint.

   Shameless plug here.; Check out Del City for your terminal and connecter, needs. They shipped from Milwaukee in a few daze. Easy to shop with.If I'm happy with  a supplyer, ya will hear about it here<g>! That and 5 bux will get ya a coff of cuppee at $tarbux.

    Seeya

    Back to China bashing and stuff.

Re: Mo' Batteries!@85 bux each!

Bob Rice-2
  All that babbling, below, on and I forgot the Bottom Line!85 each, NO
discount for volume. Place 3 miles down the road.Thought ya would never ask.
>   Well, I did it! Went out and BOUGHT some new batteries(Gasp!) I went to
> my Interstate guy, right here in Killingworth. Asked them to sit down, the
> shock could have a dire effect?! I arrrived, this AM, in my faithful
> trusty Ford van, my beast of burden, laden with 12 beaten to death, blown
> up DEAD T-105's and others. They are worth FIFTEEN bux, each, dead or
> alive, topless or how EVer they are dressed. Loaded up with the Interstate
> version of the US 2200's, Workahaulics They are pretty, will go nicely,
> silver grey in the silver grey Nissan Sentra. They EVen had posts I can
> actually USE, the offset automotive posts with the hole in it. Sigh.
> Thinking of recasting them WITHOUT the hole, put a mould over then and
> melt-fill the thing up solid.I think the Del City cast terminals will
> "Bite" them OK. This Isn't gunna be a racer, more an upgrade(Big One) from
> a City Car in performance. Something you can run, say 5-10 miles each way
> to work on Citi Streets. Top speed of, maybe 60?!
> I drove a 72 volt Rabbit a few years ago and was impressed with it's
> feather lite handling and decent road performance, It DID get up to 60,
> with lousy batteries, with a Curtis, EVen. I have run quicker trains!
> Acela comes to mind<g>! But as David sez; Racing isn't EVerything. But it
> is more fun than wars to develop technology! So I got a 8 battey wrack in
> the trunk, already, and a 4 pack in front, so I won't need power steering.
> Next two goodies is controller. I picked out an Alltrax, 72 volt at 450
> amps, no tire smoke here, but around 500 bux, I picked up and looked at a
> few, off the Alltrax shelf, when there, last month. Next thing will be a
> cheepo charger? I  am trying to keep costs reasonable. Any ideaz? Who
> makes a small 72 volter 10-15 amps out, Like a K and W? Maybe THEY do?
>
>   It's a building block type car. It's new guy wants to go faster the
> Impulse 9" will be strong enough to do decently? Stuff in MORE batteries
> to go faster and a Zilla, A PFC 50 too if ya like?Thinking of a hot water
> heater, pumping water through the existing heater core. No I DON'T want to
> take the #$%& heater apart! Four /50  A/C 4 windoz down-50 MPH.
>
>    I maybe put the cart before the horse here, I doin't really NEED the
> batteries, as the motor isn't EVen IN the car, yet. Buyt EVerybody in the
> battery biz, I taslked to, sez" Buy NOW, they are going up Sept" So I took
> the hint.
>
>   Shameless plug here.; Check out Del City for your terminal and
> connecter, needs. They shipped from Milwaukee in a few daze. Easy to shop
> with.If I'm happy with  a supplyer, ya will hear about it here<g>! That
> and 5 bux will get ya a coff of cuppee at $tarbux.
>
>    Seeya
>
>    Back to China bashing and stuff.
> 11:03 AM

Re: Mo' Batteries!

Russco
>   Hi EVerybody;
>
>    Well, I did it! Went out and BOUGHT some new batteries(Gasp!)
>
>  I drove a 72 volt Rabbit a few years ago and was impressed with it's
> feather lite handling and decent road performance,

> Next thing will be a cheepo charger? I  am trying to keep costs reasonable.
> Any ideaz? Who makes a small 72 volter 10-15 amps out, Like a K and W?
> Maybe THEY do?

You're in luck.  The Russco PFC Charger line will be broadened to accept
72 volt packs on the low end to 156 volt packs on the high end.  Current
pack range is 84 to 144 volts.  Other Charger changes will also be
introduced in the fall.

This will allow the Russco Chargers to operate with the new 156 volt
controller to be introduced by a well known controller company.

Stay tuned for the Russco regenerative braking system for series motors.
Preliminary information may be found on our website under "Russco EV."

Russ Kaufmann

RUSSCO Engineering

http://www.russcoev.com

The Other PFC Charger With Built In GFCI