Modular Energy LiION cells

Timothy Balcer
Thought I would forward this to the group. Pricey right now..and not
for sale to smalltime folks.. who knows where they will be in a year?
They are made entirely in the US as far as I can tell.

===========================

Hello Tim,

In moderate volume (100s) our batteries price at $0.85/Wh.  It is ok to draw
300 Amps from a 200Ah module for up to 10 seconds.

Although I am a big proponent of EVs (I think some of the EV sites publish
some of my papers in this area), we are focused in the telecom OEM area
right now and are not selling retail.  As our manufacturing base improves,
our plan is to move more into retail.  Keep checking with us this winter.

Thanks
Steve

Stephen Eaves
Vice President, Technology
Modular Energy Devices
20 Altieri Way, Unit 4
Warwick, RI 02886
PH: 401-921-5370 Ext. 302
FX: 401-921-5379
Cell: 401-474-4616

Re: Modular Energy LiION cells

mos6507-2
Did they tell you whether they are using lithium iron phosphate or not?  Given their emphasis on price, I seriously doubt it.  I know traditional lithium ion has been used in limited instances for EV conversions but I would not trust it going forward in the face of these newer technologies unless it had a BMS as advanced as Tesla's.

----- Original Message ----Hello Tim,