Mustang with no title

Pinetreeporsche
  1)  Last I knew, S f you have an acquaintance in SC, sell it to him/her.  He/she can title it (without your having to drive/tow it to that state),. Then you buy it back, and the Conn or MA folks will recognize that title and give yuou your new one.  2)  Why do a Mustang-- even an early one must weigh 3 grand w/motor, well over 2 1/2 without.  Polish it up, drive it a bit on Sundays with antique plates, and get a little 4-seater-beater from Japan or Korea for the project.

Re: Mustang with no title

Stephen Chapman
Before you poo-poo the Mustang as a donor, consider the following:
-Good brakes
-Unparalleled parts availability for any and all models
-Wide range of available gearing
-4200 pound GVW (my '88 LX 5.0)

Stephen Chapman

Try buying parts for a 20 year old Korean beater....

On Sat, Jun 26, 2010 at 2:02 PM, L. Chris Hager
<[hidden email]>wrote:

>   1)  Last I knew, S f you have an acquaintance in SC, sell it to him/her.
>  He/she can title it (without your having to drive/tow it to that state),.
> Then you buy it back, and the Conn or MA folks will recognize that title and
> give yuou your new one.  2)  Why do a Mustang-- even an early one must weigh
> 3 grand w/motor, well over 2 1/2 without.  Polish it up, drive it a bit on
> Sundays with antique plates, and get a little 4-seater-beater from Japan or
> Korea for the project.

Re: Mustang with no title

Thos True
According to a few car sites the 1966 Mustang rolls in at 2,488 - 2677 lbs.
with plenty of space for conversion goodies. Yes. I know that the Datsun 510
weighs about 1,000 lbs less, bet Stephen is correct with the availability of
parts.
Just my $.02

On Sat, Jun 26, 2010 at 8:01 PM, Stephen Chapman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Before you poo-poo the Mustang as a donor, consider the following:
> -Good brakes
> -Unparalleled parts availability for any and all models
> -Wide range of available gearing
> -4200 pound GVW (my '88 LX 5.0)
>
> Stephen Chapman
>
> Try buying parts for a 20 year old Korean beater....
>
> On Sat, Jun 26, 2010 at 2:02 PM, L. Chris Hager
> <[hidden email]>wrote:
>
> >   1)  Last I knew, S f you have an acquaintance in SC, sell it to
> him/her.
> >  He/she can title it (without your having to drive/tow it to that
> state),.
> > Then you buy it back, and the Conn or MA folks will recognize that title
> and
> > give yuou your new one.  2)  Why do a Mustang-- even an early one must
> weigh
> > 3 grand w/motor, well over 2 1/2 without.  Polish it up, drive it a bit
> on
> > Sundays with antique plates, and get a little 4-seater-beater from Japan
> or
> > Korea for the project.

Remember, it is not that the glass is half empty, in reality, the glass is
merely twice the size that it needs to be! -TNT'82

Re: Mustang with no title

dazzorick
and i would be more willing to spend 10 to 15 K on lithium for a classic
that will increase in value rather than a beater that after converted is
still a beater... -

- oh no - do i even have 2 cents :(

On Sun, Jun 27, 2010 at 11:38 AM, Thos True <[hidden email]> wrote:

> According to a few car sites the 1966 Mustang rolls in at 2,488 - 2677 lbs.
> with plenty of space for conversion goodies. Yes. I know that the Datsun
> 510
> weighs about 1,000 lbs less, bet Stephen is correct with the availability
> of
> parts.
> Just my $.02
>
> On Sat, Jun 26, 2010 at 8:01 PM, Stephen Chapman <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Before you poo-poo the Mustang as a donor, consider the following:
> > -Good brakes
> > -Unparalleled parts availability for any and all models
> > -Wide range of available gearing
> > -4200 pound GVW (my '88 LX 5.0)
> >
> > Stephen Chapman
> >
> > Try buying parts for a 20 year old Korean beater....
> >
> > On Sat, Jun 26, 2010 at 2:02 PM, L. Chris Hager
> > <[hidden email]>wrote:
> >
> > >   1)  Last I knew, S f you have an acquaintance in SC, sell it to
> > him/her.
> > >  He/she can title it (without your having to drive/tow it to that
> > state),.
> > > Then you buy it back, and the Conn or MA folks will recognize that
> title
> > and
> > > give yuou your new one.  2)  Why do a Mustang-- even an early one must
> > weigh
> > > 3 grand w/motor, well over 2 1/2 without.  Polish it up, drive it a bit
> > on
> > > Sundays with antique plates, and get a little 4-seater-beater from
> Japan
> > or
> > > Korea for the project.

> http://lists.sjsu.edu/mailman/private/ev/attachments/20100626/51d72c17/attachment.html

> Remember, it is not that the glass is half empty, in reality, the glass is
> merely twice the size that it needs to be! -TNT'82

Re: Mustang with no title

joe-22
Depends on what it is - if it is a convertible, get a fiberglas hood and
fenders, then it is doable. That's what Mark did with the '65 that I just
converted for him.

Joseph H. Strubhar

Web: www.gremcoinc.com

E-mail: [hidden email]