Need copper bar stock

Dave Cover
I've been hunting around my area for some copper bar stock and can't find anything. The local
dealer I bought from no longer carries it. Someone on the list was able to help me out before, but
I can't remmeber who it was.

I need two sizes. I'm not sure what is available, but here are the sizes I'm shooting for.

First is .75" x .125" x 16" (three quarters of an inch by one eigth, sixteen inches long)
I can't go a full inch wide but could go thicker. Just need to be able to put some 90 degree bends
in it. It will end up C shaped. I need two of these.

Second is .5" x .1875" x 2" (half inch by three sixteenths, 2 inches long)
This one can also go thicker, no bending involved. I need three of these.

If anyone remembers selling me some copper and can do it again, send me a price. If anyone knows
an online source that can supply small quantities, send me a link.

Thanks for your help

Dave Cover

Re: Need copper bar stock

gowen
Dave Cover wrote:
> If anyone remembers selling me some copper and can do it again, send
> me a price. If anyone knows an online source that can supply small
> quantities, send me a link.

I was looking at online metal sources a month or so ago and I seem to
recall that the following both handled small quantities, and I see that
they both do list copper:

http://www.onlinemetals.com/
http://www.quickshipmetals.com/

Good luck.

Re: Need copper bar stock

Keith Richtman-2
On 8/10/07 2:33 PM, Greg Owen wrote:

> Dave Cover wrote:
>> If anyone knows an online source that can supply small
>> quantities, send me a link.
>
> I was looking at online metal sources a month or so ago and I seem to
> recall that the following both handled small quantities, and I see that
> they both do list copper:
>
> http://www.onlinemetals.com/
> http://www.quickshipmetals.com/

McMaster-Carr is always an option, though you typically pay a small
premium for the convenience of next-day parts via ground shipping.

My personal favorite is Speedy Metals in WI. I have only ordered via
phone and email in their pre-website days, but always received
exceptional service.

Keith

Re: Need copper bar stock

Jeff Major

Hi Dave,

I get my copper bar stock from McMaster-Carr.  Check
them out.  They ship fast.  Usually next day.

Jeff

--- Dave Cover <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I've been hunting around my area for some copper bar
> stock and can't find anything. The local
> dealer I bought from no longer carries it. Someone
> on the list was able to help me out before, but
> I can't remmeber who it was.
>
> I need two sizes. I'm not sure what is available,
> but here are the sizes I'm shooting for.
>
> First is .75" x .125" x 16" (three quarters of an
> inch by one eigth, sixteen inches long)
> I can't go a full inch wide but could go thicker.
> Just need to be able to put some 90 degree bends
> in it. It will end up C shaped. I need two of these.
>
> Second is .5" x .1875" x 2" (half inch by three
> sixteenths, 2 inches long)
> This one can also go thicker, no bending involved. I
> need three of these.
>
> If anyone remembers selling me some copper and can
> do it again, send me a price. If anyone knows
> an online source that can supply small quantities,
> send me a link.
>
> Thanks for your help
>
> Dave Cover

Re: Need copper bar stock

eric@zyxod.com
I received an order from speedy metals just last week for some brass bar
stock.  Ordered via the website -- no problems; I can recommend them.

Keith Richtman wrote:

> On 8/10/07 2:33 PM, Greg Owen wrote:
>
>> Dave Cover wrote:
>>
>>> If anyone knows an online source that can supply small
>>> quantities, send me a link.
>>>
>> I was looking at online metal sources a month or so ago and I seem to
>> recall that the following both handled small quantities, and I see that
>> they both do list copper:
>>
>> http://www.onlinemetals.com/
>> http://www.quickshipmetals.com/
>>

> McMaster-Carr is always an option, though you typically pay a small
> premium for the convenience of next-day parts via ground shipping.
>
> My personal favorite is Speedy Metals in WI. I have only ordered via
> phone and email in their pre-website days, but always received
> exceptional service.
>
> Keith

Re: Need copper bar stock

David Sharpe
Suggest you go to a copper/brass metal merchant and get them to cut some
offcut sheet metal in to strips to suit. I did this last week when I needed
200 links for solar system packs. I used 1.6mm sheet  cut into 25mm width
but for EVs you should use at least 3.2 mm. You could of course double up
the 1.6mm  bars. Ill be punching and tinning these as well. The tinning will
use a pot of hot solder leftovers after being dipped in Zinc Chloride
solution.
David Sharpe
> I've been hunting around my area for some copper bar stock and can't find
> anything. The local
> dealer I bought from no longer carries it. Someone on the list was able to
> help me out before, but
> I can't remmeber who it was.
>
> I need two sizes. I'm not sure what is available, but here are the sizes
> I'm shooting for.
>
> First is .75" x .125" x 16" (three quarters of an inch by one eigth,
> sixteen inches long)
> I can't go a full inch wide but could go thicker. Just need to be able to
> put some 90 degree bends
> in it. It will end up C shaped. I need two of these.
>
> Second is .5" x .1875" x 2" (half inch by three sixteenths, 2 inches long)
> This one can also go thicker, no bending involved. I need three of these.
>
> If anyone remembers selling me some copper and can do it again, send me a
> price. If anyone knows
> an online source that can supply small quantities, send me a link.
>
> Thanks for your help
>
> Dave Cover

Re: Need copper bar stock

John-435