Need help with Series Wound Dc motor controller.

Need help with Series Wound Dc motor controller.

 Hi I am a hobbiest and started my first conversion, I have a car that I got retro fitted with a Series wound DC motor. I tested the car with batteries alone and it did move. I am designing a controller for the DC wound motor. I am running into a few issues with the controller. The controller got damaged but unfortunately, I am not sure what happened. I gave it to a friend for testing but I am not sure if he will be able to help. Is there someone in this forum who can help me with this? Is there a person that can help layout a board for relatively cheap? Is there any board manufacturers that I can use that are cheap but care about the human worker (I am willing to pay more, if I know they treat employees well)?
Appreciate your help in advance.
Thanks
Basem.

On Thu Feb 08 14:38:19 PST 2018 [hidden email] said:
>Hi I am a hobbiest and started my first conversion, I have a car that I got retro fitted with a Series wound DC motor. I tested the car with batteries alone and it did move. I am designing a controller for the DC wound motor. I am running into a few issues with the controller. The

One good place for controller building/design work is:

--

Worlds only All Electric F-250 truck! http://john.casadelgato.com/Electric-Vehicles/1995-Ford-F-250

Re: Need help with Series Wound Dc motor controller.

You can learn from this guy who designed his own controller some time ago,
now he runs his own brand a some great products:
http://zeva.com.au/Research/ControllerDesign/

But I can tell you from own experience: Designing your own stuff, like a
high power motor controller is not a Cheap thing. You will require lots of
trial and error, learn and explode lots of MOSFets or IGBTs and that
requires time & money, but satisfaction once your prototype is running
smooth and nice is huge.

If you are looking for cheap stuff (Cost), then you can only choose one
more the two left: Time or Quality. But they'll never come all three
thogether.

On Thu, Feb 8, 2018 at 6:25 PM, John Lussmyer via EV <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> On Thu Feb 08 14:38:19 PST 2018 [hidden email] said:
> >Hi I am a hobbiest and started my first conversion, I have a car that I
> got retro fitted with a Series wound DC motor. I tested the car with
> batteries alone and it did move. I am designing a controller for the DC
> wound motor. I am running into a few issues with the controller. The
>
> One good place for controller building/design work is:
> > Evtech mailing list
> > [hidden email]
> > http://lists.nnytech.net/listinfo/evtech
>

> --
>
> Worlds only All Electric F-250 truck! http://john.casadelgato.com/
> Electric-Vehicles/1995-Ford-F-250

> group/NEDRA)

Re: Need help with Series Wound Dc motor controller.

Looks a whole lot like a Curtis

Sent from my iPhone

paul dove via EV wrote:
> Looks a whole lot like a Curtis

Almost exactly like a Curtis 1221/1231 family controller. It's apparent
that he saw the insides of a Curtis, and copied it. That's not a bad
thing; the Curtis controllers were pretty successful. It's always best
to learn from others.

There are more examples of simple controllers here:
<http://www.sunrise-ev.com/controllers.htm>

--
Children are born engineers. Watch them at play. They're not just
playing; they're experimenting, building and learning. They are

backup starter battery for ice

  thou I have 2 ev scooters, and ev mower n blower, I'm looking for a
backup starter battery for my low use ice wagon. I don't want to use
Lead based , so which chemistry has a low Self Discharge, life4 sounds
safest over lipo.

I do have an Icharger so I can charge safley.
I have a medium sized 4 cyclender and an 1980's car.

Re: backup starter battery for ice

You could use ultra caps. Similar price,  but you can leave them flat practically forever

⁣Sent from BlueMail ​