New Electric Assisted Super Lite Glider

Steven Lough
Wow !   I think these guys are SWISS. Electric Version on the Way.
Just to prove the point that we honor cars, boats, bikes, scooters,
Dragsters, AND Airplanes..!

To all my flying friends:

So light you can foot launch, and LAND,   or use a big BUNGY Cord, or
get toed into the sky by a car, or TESLA-S !,
or an  Ultralite airplane, or a Cesna 150.  Can land on wheels, or just
stick your feet out.

( http://player.vimeo.com/video/39325401 )

Don't know if this was the same glider...   but..
But if you OVER STRESS the super lite,,    THIS can happen !  (
http://www.hanggliding.org/viewtopic.php?t=19075 )

Some additional DATA at ( http://ruppert-composite.ch/ )  And INFO on
their ELECTRIC model.. here

Here is the English Translation:

Depending on the battery size, the weight of the drive and its
integration 20 ... 24 kg and enables see a rising output of about 2 m /
According to the flexible, fast and easy-handling concept Archaeopteryx
is also paid for the construction of the correct power to ski lifts on
achieving a rapid assembly and disassembly capability of the drive
components. So the sailors should suddenly become a electric gliders and
can be re-converted back to the sailors. Only a few parts remain
permanently installed in the aircraft, the remaining extra weight on the
sailor is correspondingly low.

The design of the special propeller and engine is perfectly matched and
optimized in terms of performance the Archaeopteryx. The propeller
vortex remains low performance under the tail and fold the leaves in
soaring aerodynamically advantageous in the current run of the cockpit
paneling.

The drive to the new racing season back in the spring of 2013 to be
ready. Price and delivery times are currently not known.

Already interested in Archaeopteryx-electric? Send us a message!

--
Steven S Lough
President: Seattle EV Association

Re: New Electric Assisted Super Lite Glider

gary krysztopik-3
Beautiful flying.  Thanks for sharing.  So many toys, so little money.

Gary

On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 3:23 PM, Steven Lough <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Wow !   I think these guys are SWISS. Electric Version on the Way.
> Just to prove the point that we honor cars, boats, bikes, scooters,
> Dragsters, AND Airplanes..!
>
> To all my flying friends:
>
> So light you can foot launch, and LAND,   or use a big BUNGY Cord, or get
> toed into the sky by a car, or TESLA-S !,
> or an  Ultralite airplane, or a Cesna 150.  Can land on wheels, or just
> stick your feet out.
>
> ( http://player.vimeo.com/video/**39325401<http://player.vimeo.com/video/39325401>)
>
> Don't know if this was the same glider...   but..
> But if you OVER STRESS the super lite,,    THIS can happen !  (
> http://www.hanggliding.org/**viewtopic.php?t=19075<http://www.hanggliding.org/viewtopic.php?t=19075>)
>
> Some additional DATA at ( http://ruppert-composite.ch/ )  And INFO on
> their ELECTRIC model.. here
>
> Here is the English Translation:
>
> Depending on the battery size, the weight of the drive and its integration
> 20 ... 24 kg and enables see a rising output of about 2 m / According to
> the flexible, fast and easy-handling concept Archaeopteryx is also paid for
> the construction of the correct power to ski lifts on achieving a rapid
> assembly and disassembly capability of the drive components. So the sailors
> should suddenly become a electric gliders and can be re-converted back to
> the sailors. Only a few parts remain permanently installed in the aircraft,
> the remaining extra weight on the sailor is correspondingly low.
>
> The design of the special propeller and engine is perfectly matched and
> optimized in terms of performance the Archaeopteryx. The propeller vortex
> remains low performance under the tail and fold the leaves in soaring
> aerodynamically advantageous in the current run of the cockpit paneling.
>
> The drive to the new racing season back in the spring of 2013 to be ready.
> Price and delivery times are currently not known.
>
> Already interested in Archaeopteryx-electric? Send us a message!
>
> --
> Steven S Lough
> President: Seattle EV Association
> 206 524 1351
> WEB: www.seattleeva.org

Re: New Electric Assisted Super Lite Glider

rodhower
Once in awhile I'm really inspired by something really cool!
This is one of those links.  Thanks for sharing.
I think every child (and adult) think about the ability to fly like
a bird.  I believe this is very close to that daydream...

Re: Electric Assisted Super Lite Glider

brucedp5
The video
http://player.vimeo.com/video/39325401
was quite nice. But there is no examples of electric assist in the
video.
As Steven posted, it possible to tow it to speed with an EV.

http://ruppert-composite.ch/aktuell/237-elektro-antrieb-adaption-fuer-den-archaeopteryx.html
shows a concept drawing. Steven posted the translation from German in
his post.

{brucedp.150m.com}

-

http://www.fastmail.fm - The professional email service