New Jr Dragster hits the track

lawlessind
The new Lawless Racing Half Scale dragster "Orange Blossom Special"
went to the track for the first time last night at Quaker City in
Salem, OH.  I built her for my 11 year old daughter Tara to drive, but
my friend Kristen Stacy was onboard for her first runs down the track.
The Advanced Jr. class that Tara will be competing in allows for a low
ET of 8.90 secs. in the 1/8 mile. After testing the car and warming the
batteries at our shop, we made 3 passes at the track, 8.94 at 66.21,
8.90 at 66.38, and 8.90 at 66.39.  Everything ran flawless and right on
the money. The car is much more consistent than our bikes (there are no
traction issues) and should compete well in the future.  Kristen did
very well with a light of .510 on her second run and won her heat.  She
lost with a .491 red light and just missed her 8.89 dial on run 3.  The
Orange LED under-car lighting was a hit after dark, and we turned on
the onboard Orange Blossom scent machine ala Disney for a little extra
effect.  Charging the little 82 volt A123 battery pack took all of 3-4
minutes.  I have some video that I will get up on youtube asap.

Before we hand the reigns over to Tara we are going to strap in the 247
volt pack from AGNS and push this little car a bit.  The 100 MPH club
would be nice, 125 club would be better. Look out CE.....

AGNS update:  We finished second overall last weekend at the Echo
Valley Dirt Drags.  We have gone through several knobbies and tractor
type tires with no luck.  Even with the big paddle tire traction still
eludes us.  The rubber paddles just can't handle the hard ground.  I
have drawn up an all aluminum wheel with metal cleats.  Should be a
very rough but very fast ride if we are allowed to run with it.

ANGUS/JU update: We are making some revisions to the big battery pack
design, upgrading it to the type that AGNS and OBS are running. We
should have it ready for the PODC later this month.  7 seconds as well
as Killacycle and CE are still out there ahead of us.

Shawn

Re: New Jr Dragster hits the track

KilowattA798
In a message dated 8/1/2009 5:44:52 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
[hidden email] writes:

> Subj: [EVDL] New Jr Dragster hits the track
> Date:8/1/2009 5:44:52 AM US Mountain Standard Time
> From:[hidden email]
> Reply-to:[hidden email]
> To:[hidden email]
> Received from Internet:
>

> The new Lawless Racing Half Scale dragster "Orange Blossom Special"
> went to the track for the first time last night at Quaker City in
> Salem, OH.  I built her for my 11 year old daughter Tara to drive, but
> my friend Kristen Stacy was onboard for her first runs down the track.
> The Advanced Jr. class that Tara will be competing in allows for a low
> ET of 8.90 secs. in the 1/8 mile. After testing the car and warming the
> batteries at our shop, we made 3 passes at the track, 8.94 at 66.21,
> 8.90 at 66.38, and 8.90 at 66.39.  Everything ran flawless and right on
> the money. The car is much more consistent than our bikes (there are no
> traction issues) and should compete well in the future.  Kristen did
> very well with a light of .510 on her second run and won her heat.  She
> lost with a .491 red light and just missed her 8.89 dial on run 3.  The
> Orange LED under-car lighting was a hit after dark, and we turned on
> the onboard Orange Blossom scent machine ala Disney for a little extra
> effect.  Charging the little 82 volt A123 battery pack took all of 3-4
> minutes.  I have some video that I will get up on youtube asap.
>
> Before we hand the reigns over to Tara we are going to strap in the 247
> volt pack from AGNS and push this little car a bit.  The 100 MPH club
> would be nice, 125 club would be better. Look out CE.....
>
> AGNS update:  We finished second overall last weekend at the Echo
> Valley Dirt Drags.  We have gone through several knobbies and tractor
> type tires with no luck.  Even with the big paddle tire traction still
> eludes us.  The rubber paddles just can't handle the hard ground.  I
> have drawn up an all aluminum wheel with metal cleats.  Should be a
> very rough but very fast ride if we are allowed to run with it.
>
> ANGUS/JU update: We are making some revisions to the big battery pack
> design, upgrading it to the type that AGNS and OBS are running. We
> should have it ready for the PODC later this month.  7 seconds as well
> as Killacycle and CE are still out there ahead of us.
>

> Shawn

Shawn,
You have my FULL support. You your Family and friends are great folks and I
wish you all nothing but the Best.
Dennis Berube