Quantcast

Nissan Leaf "Needs Batteries"

Looking on the Atlanta Craigslist, I saw my first "Nissan Leaf - Needs
Batteries" ad.

https://atlanta.craigslist.org/sat/cto/6052410796.html

Jay

Re: Nissan Leaf "Needs Batteries"

On 20 Mar 2017 at 20:51, Jay Summet via EV wrote:

> "Nissan Leaf - Needs Batteries"

I'm no expert, but at $2400 it ounds like a pretty decent deal, if you have
the chops to rebuild or replace the battery yourself.  If you have to pay a
dealer to do it, ehhhh, I'm not so sure.

This brings back memories of the 1980s, and the Citicar and Comuta-car ads I
used to see with the same wording.  The main difference, other than the fact
that the Leaf is a much more comfortable and capable vehicle, is that most C-
cars  would do about 30 miles with NEW batteries.  Usually the used "needs
batteries" C-cars would barely move, if that.  (The one I bought had a few
dead-flat railroad NiCd cells in the battery boxes.  It also had non-
functioning brakes.)

Then as now, "Electric car - needs batteries" often denotes one person who
will probably never buy another EV, and another person who is about to buy
his first.

Re: Nissan Leaf "Needs Batteries"

EV Convert
If you google "Arizona license plate" you'll see it's the same as the plate under the finger in one of the photos. This might be one of the cooked battery cars from the SW US involved in the lawsuit over short battery life. That might pertain to availability and cost of a replacement battery.