Nissan fob compatibility

Still not getting a straight answer if a fob can go cross model and it is uncertain if they can be re programed at all or between the same model.  Lawrence Rhodes

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

Re: Nissan fob compatibility

I know for a fact that a 2013 (4-button) FOB can be programmed on a 2011/12 (3-button), it will only leave a (non serious) DTC in the car’s memory due to the incompatible 4th (charging port) button. I used that on my 2011 that I only received 1 FOB for from the previous owner.
Whether you can use any Nissan FOB, if that is your question, I have not tried.
If you are willing to risk $12 then you can try the Versa or Quest or Cube or Juke FOB, which seem to be all similar, same FCC ID, but they may send different codes – I am not sure:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Car-Key-Fob-Keyless-Entry-Remote-For-2011-2012-2013-Nissan-Versa/122614856614

Cor.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Still not getting a straight answer if a fob can go cross model and it is uncertain if they can be re programed at all or between the same model.  Lawrence Rhodes

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

Re: Nissan fob compatibility

I am curious as to how you programmed your fob?  Lawrence Rhodes

Re: Nissan fob compatibility

Nissan Sunnyvale.
This was for the car that I swapped complete battery pack, so it had to be reprogrammed anyway and they were OK with doing both battery programming and adding a FOB for the minimum service fee ($160) which I needed to pay anyway for the battery swap.
Cor.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Re: Nissan fob compatibility

I recently found out that Batteries and Bulbs sells keys and fobs for cars. They can cut the keys and program the fobs right at the stores. I found this out when I was at my local store getting a new battery for my Jeep and the manager and I were talking about it. You may want to look into it if you have a store nearby. He said recently a woman lost her only fob, had the car towed to the store for free by her insurance, they had the right fob in stock, they programmed it (she had push button start, too, so that much easier) and she was out the door for only $150 or something. I don’t remember what kind of car it was, but he said that her dealer wanted over $400 for the same service!

Grant

Sent from ProtonMail Mobile

On Wed, Dec 5, 2018 at 21:01, Cor van de Water via EV <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Nissan Sunnyvale.
> This was for the car that I swapped complete battery pack, so it had to be reprogrammed anyway and they were OK with doing both battery programming and adding a FOB for the minimum service fee ($160) which I needed to pay anyway for the battery swap.
> Cor.
>
> Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 I am a little confused.  You say they are deteriorated but are 60% above original capacity.  Is this getting into the "safety" capacity that Nissan doesn't use?  What voltage should a module be charged to to prolong life?  Like 3.9v instead of 4.1?  Extremely curious as I will probably use your Minibms solution for charging.  Lawrence

    On Wednesday, December 5, 2018, 10:56:22 PM PST, Cor van de Water <[hidden email]> wrote:

I have plenty Leaf modules. Most are deteriorated, all are above 60% original capacity.

Pull out the key from the FOB, the ID and model are engraved in the plastic under the key.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10