OMG Tesla semi with a suprise in the trailer.

OMG Tesla semi with a suprise in the trailer.

 600 miles  0 to 60 in 1.9 seconds. 9 second quarter mile.  It's not the semi....Lawrence Rhodes

https://youtu.be/5n9xafjynJA

Re: OMG Tesla semi with a suprise in the trailer.

On 11/17/2017 12:09 PM, Lawrence Rhodes via EV wrote:
>   600 miles  0 to 60 in 1.9 seconds. 9 second quarter mile.  It's not the semi....Lawrence Rhodes
>

> https://youtu.be/5n9xafjynJA

And, CHEAP!
https://www.tesla.com/roadster/

$200k.  Or, $250k if you'd rather.

Re: OMG Tesla semi with a suprise in the trailer.

So did you order one of these CHEAP cars?

On 11/17/2017 12:26 PM, Gail Lucas via EV wrote:
> So did you order one of these CHEAP cars?

One needs to know how much time one has left.  If I knew I had <5 years,
I would likely go for it.  Even though I'd likely have to hire someone
to get me into and out of it.

On Fri Nov 17 10:45:00 PST 2017 [hidden email] said:
>On 11/17/2017 12:26 PM, Gail Lucas via EV wrote:
>> So did you order one of these CHEAP cars?
>
>One needs to know how much time one has left.  If I knew I had <5 years,
>I would likely go for it.  Even though I'd likely have to hire someone
>to get me into and out of it.

Nah, I want the Semi - converted to a Motorhome!

--

Bobcats and Cougars, oh my!  http://john.casadelgato.com/Pets

Re: OMG Tesla semi with a suprise in the trailer.

John wrote -

> Nah, I want the Semi - converted to a Motorhome!

Now that is probably a very realistic market....

Rush Dougherty
Tucson AZ 85719

On 11/17/2017 01:02 PM, John Lussmyer via EV wrote:
> On Fri Nov 17 10:45:00 PST 2017 [hidden email] said:
>> On 11/17/2017 12:26 PM, Gail Lucas via EV wrote:
>>> So did you order one of these CHEAP cars?
>>
>> One needs to know how much time one has left.  If I knew I had <5 years,
>> I would likely go for it.  Even though I'd likely have to hire someone
>> to get me into and out of it.
>
> Nah, I want the Semi - converted to a Motorhome!

I had not thought of that!  I had been a great fan of MB Sprinter
conversions.  I have one turning to dust in a garage.  Hasn't been
started in ~2 years.  I tried to start both the propane generator and
the main diesel engine a couple of weeks ago.  No go.  I imagine we will
start seeing Tesla truck conversions as soon as the supply allows.  It
wouldn't take many to make an interesting charging load at RV parks.

Though I've done quite a bit of Tesla charging in RV parks and never
seen another EV charging during the times I was charging.

Yeah, Plug in at the RV Park, and draw 42A @ 240V for the full 2 days that you are there.

--

Tigers prowl and Dragons soar in my dreams...

Re: OMG Tesla semi with a suprise in the trailer.

> On Nov 17, 2017, at 3:46 PM, John Lussmyer via EV <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On Fri Nov 17 15:18:16 PST 2017 [hidden email] said:
>> On 11/17/2017 01:02 PM, John Lussmyer via EV wrote:
>>> Nah, I want the Semi - converted to a Motorhome!
>>
>> I had not thought of that!  I had been a great fan of MB Sprinter
>> conversions.  I have one turning to dust in a garage.  Hasn't been
>> started in ~2 years.  I tried to start both the propane generator and
>> the main diesel engine a couple of weeks ago.  No go.  I imagine we will
>> start seeing Tesla truck conversions as soon as the supply allows.  It
>> wouldn't take many to make an interesting charging load at RV parks.
>
> Yeah, Plug in at the RV Park, and draw 42A @ 240V for the full 2 days that you are there.

No, park, pull out the solar panels, and charge from the Sun the whole time you are wherever you are.

Ed

Re: OMG Tesla semi with a suprise in the trailer.

Slow charging....

Rush Dougherty
Tucson AZ 85719

On 11/17/2017 3:18 PM, Willie via EV wrote:

> I imagine we will start seeing Tesla truck conversions as soon as the supply allows.  It
> wouldn't take many to make an interesting charging load at RV parks.
>
> Though I've done quite a bit of Tesla charging in RV parks and never
> seen another EV charging during the times I was charging.

Perhaps not a lot of people plow through deep snow to plug in at RV
parks in the mountains of Wyoming in December.

Re: OMG Tesla semi with a suprise in the trailer.

I wonder how long until Tesla starts supplying electric chassis to motor home builders?

Might not be that far off that you even have to convert

⁣Sent from BlueMail ​

On 18 Nov 2017 15:39, at 15:39, Rush Dougherty via EV <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Slow charging....
>
>Rush Dougherty
>Tucson AZ 85719

I have seen people pulling a big 5th wheel camping trailer with a semi tractor. They said it was much more stable than the pick up truck they towed with previously.

Re: OMG Tesla semi with a suprise in the trailer.

Did anybody else notice the dually pickup that was also briefly shown?
I had a diesel dually that I used for hauling the vehicles to events for
several years, and really enjoyed the stability. Especially when compared
to a standard pick up or even the beefed up 3/4 ton Suburban that we also
used for the trailers.

--
Remember, it is not that the glass is half empty, in reality, the glass is
merely twice the size that it needs to be! -TNT'82