OT - Re: Go Tesla go!

Hard to predict the future. You invested in speculative stocks. Nothing wrong with taking a profit, either all or some. But spec stocks are just that - speculative. You should be prepared to lose all or some of it. And they should only be part of a diversified portfolio.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Oct 10, 2017, at 5:48 AM, robert winfield via EV <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> /rant on
> i will only comment about stocks _once_ since this is EVDL list
> around 1990 i bought 100 shares of AMER for $30/share, and sold them for $40/share, a tidy $1,000 profit!AMER changed it's name to AOL, split 128x, topped out at $100/share.I took $1,000 profit, and missed $1,280,000 because I was impatient over 1.2 million dollars.
> I was told to buy AAPL 31 years ago but it wasn't "exciting enough" (apple)It split 56X and would be worth, to me $8,724/share or $872,480, if i had done so and just been patient, but i didn't
> I intend to hold my Tesla stock 30 more years or my death and my children inherit it, like I should have done AAPL, and others.I expect, but I may be horrifically wrong and lose everything, but i doubt that, however the stock market is merciless., Tesla vehicles and the entire Tesla ecosystem, Tesla energy, SpaceX, hyperloop, neural link, Mars, the incipient lunar colony, all the rest, to be worth 10-20 times as much, in the next 10-20-30 years, electric vehicles, the entire ecosystem that will address the electric ecosystem the planet is transisitioning to, away from fossil fuels
> /rant off, back to EV's

Re: OT - Re: Go Tesla go!

i'm almost 70 and have been investing for over 40+ years, however the EVDL is supposed to be for EV's, including EV boats so..