On the "hopeless" challenges of converting a car into an EV

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

On the "hopeless" challenges of converting a car into an EV

Electric Vehicle Discussion List mailing list
Sigh... rarely have I seen more EV mis-information in one place.

https://hackaday.com/2019/01/04/why-converting-classic-cars-to-electric-drive-is-a-thing/

They describe EV conversions as incredibly complicated and expensive;
"toys" for the ultra-rich. They seem to think it can only be done by
very high-tech firms with incredible resources.

In particular, the comments remind me of just how hopelessly clueless
the general public is about EVs.

--
The belief that there is only one truth, and that oneself is in
possession of it, is the root of all evil in the world. (Max Born)
--
Lee Hart, 814 8th Ave N, Sartell MN 56377, www.sunrise-ev.com
_______________________________________________
UNSUBSCRIBE: http://www.evdl.org/help/index.html#usub
http://lists.evdl.org/listinfo.cgi/ev-evdl.org
Please discuss EV drag racing at NEDRA (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEDRA)

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: On the "hopeless" challenges of converting a car into an EV

Electric Vehicle Discussion List mailing list
  Quoting Lee Hart via EV <[hidden email]>:

> Sigh... rarely have I seen more EV mis-information in one place.
>
> https://hackaday.com/2019/01/04/why-converting-classic-cars-to-electric-drive-is-a-thing/
>
> They describe EV conversions as incredibly complicated and  
> expensive; "toys" for the ultra-rich. They seem to think it can only  
> be done by very high-tech firms with incredible resources.
>
> Even basic resources are a problem for me living in a polarized  
> world.  That is the reason I do Model A Fords both ICE and EV, a  
> 2000 S10 Conversion, and now a Model 3 Tesla. I find Elon's values  
> and priorities more helpful than those of most folks who are blessed  
> with the skills and resources that I lack. By combining (KISS) love  
> and determination with what skill and resources I have,  I have had  
> moderate success in my struggle with the "system".
>
> "Do what you can, with what you have, where you are" Theodore Roosevelt.
>
> Ron Solberg
> Hills, MN
>
> In particular, the comments remind me of just how hopelessly  
> clueless the general public is about EVs.
>
> --
> The belief that there is only one truth, and that oneself is in
> possession of it, is the root of all evil in the world. (Max Born)
> --
> Lee Hart, 814 8th Ave N, Sartell MN 56377, www.sunrise-ev.com[1]
> _______________________________________________
> UNSUBSCRIBE: http://www.evdl.org/help/index.html#usub
> http://lists.evdl.org/listinfo.cgi/ev-evdl.orgPlease discuss EV drag  
> racing at NEDRA (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEDRA)



Links:
------
[1] http://www.sunrise-ev.com
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.evdl.org/private.cgi/ev-evdl.org/attachments/20190108/24655b83/attachment.html>
_______________________________________________
UNSUBSCRIBE: http://www.evdl.org/help/index.html#usub
http://lists.evdl.org/listinfo.cgi/ev-evdl.org
Please discuss EV drag racing at NEDRA (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEDRA)