Osborne Effect: 2026 all new car sales will be electric

Osborne Effect: 2026 all new car sales will be electric

https://thedriven.io/2020/07/07/the-osborne-effect-why-new-car-sales-will-be-all-electric-in-six-years/
The Osborne Effect: Why new car sales will be all electric in six yearsearch
July 7, 2020 ... EV sales are still growing at a rapid rate – despite
Covid-19 – and will overtake hybrid sales this year. And those customers
looking for electric vehicles are simply not looking for hybrid solutions,
which explains why plug-in hybrids haven’t been more popular ... The
continuing erosion of ICE sales through 2020 as the Osborne Effect continues
to impact on overall car sales will convince car makers to release EV models
faster ... Once traditional manufacturers get on with it and retool, the
arrival of greater volumes of more affordable EVs will carry the day ...
https://thedriven.io/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/ray-will-ev-forecast-800x429.jpg

[ref
http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/LiFePO4-tp4698023p4698024.html
 ... "the Osborne" effect ...

https://www.google.com/search?q=Osborne+Effect+electric+car
 search on  Osborne Effect electric car

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osborne_effect

https://electrek.co/2020/07/06/vw-converting-emden-factory-electric-car-production/
VW starts converting another factory for electric car production
Jul. 6th 2020  Now the German automaker announced today that the conversion
of its Emden plant has already started and the first electric cars are to
roll off the production line ... Volkswagen has one of the most aggressive
electrification plans amongst established automakers ...
https://i2.wp.com/electrek.co/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2020/07/VW-emden-factory.jpg

For EVLN EV-newswire posts view:
 http://www.evdl.org/archive/
https://mail-archive.com/ev@.../maillist.html

Re: Osborne Effect: 2026 all new car sales will be electric

Nope.  Nice thought, though.

The author of that piece is in Australia.  Maybe he sees most clearly what's
going on in western Europe and southeast Asia.  (I'm not so sure about
Australia.)

For many of those nations, bar Italy, EV sales are on a rapid upward slope.
That's in large part because their governments are actually trying to do
something to combat carbon emissions, and paying for it.

You know how the big automakers still sell their old, less-safe and more-
polluting vehicle designs in smaller, less wealthy, less regulated nations?
They'll do that with their ICEVs, in the US and elsewhere, even as they're
developing more capable (and bigger; sigh) EVs for places that want them.

Global ICE car sales may continue to taper off, but I don't see them getting
anywhere close to zero by 2040, much less by 2026.  I hope I'm wrong.

To reach me, don't reply to this message; I won't get it.  Use my