PB6 clone

Eduardo K.

My PB-6 clone from india is here. Looks a 'bit' cheesy and weak,
but tests out ok.

Pictures: http://www.nn.cl/Autos/EV/PB6/

Question: I have a 1204-410 curtis that needs the third wire for the pot
to be connected to -48. Is there a way to make that work without opening
the PB6-clone and soldering another wire?

thanks,

--
Eduardo K.            |
http://www.carfun.cl  | I'm white and nerdy

Re: PB6 clone

mike golub
is your curtis 1204 have a 0-5k input or 5-0k input?

either way, I ended up not using the INDIAN pb-6. It
has 3 leads on the pot,

BUT! It's a 20K pot that's made to work only from
0-5K.
the other lead with give 5-20K so the grand total is
always is 20K ohms.

Since I had a real curtis potbox I used that
instead...I didn't want to mess with it.

With my Curtis 1204 it needed a 5k-0 input.
So I added a wire to the 3rd lead on the pot.
That wire and the common wire went to the 2 and 3 on
the controller connection.

And then the original wire went to B-

Go figure this controller was set up for the Club Car.
--- Eduardo Kaftanski <[hidden email]> wrote:

> My PB-6 clone from india is here. Looks a 'bit'
> cheesy and weak,
> but tests out ok.
>
> Pictures: http://www.nn.cl/Autos/EV/PB6/
>
> Question: I have a 1204-410 curtis that needs the
> third wire for the pot
> to be connected to -48. Is there a way to make that
> work without opening
> the PB6-clone and soldering another wire?
>
> thanks,
>
> --
> Eduardo K.            |
> http://www.carfun.cl  | I'm white and nerdy
> http://ev.nn.cl       |               Weird Al

Re: PB6 clone

Eduardo K.
On Tue, Aug 14, 2007 at 11:23:12PM -0700, mike golub wrote:
> is your curtis 1204 have a 0-5k input or 5-0k input?
>
> either way, I ended up not using the INDIAN pb-6. It
> has 3 leads on the pot,
>
> BUT! It's a 20K pot that's made to work only from
> 0-5K.
> the other lead with give 5-20K so the grand total is
> always is 20K ohms.

mines only has 2 leads coming out of the box. I'll
crack it open and check inside.

> Since I had a real curtis potbox I used that
> instead...I didn't want to mess with it.
>
> With my Curtis 1204 it needed a 5k-0 input.
> So I added a wire to the 3rd lead on the pot.
> That wire and the common wire went to the 2 and 3 on
> the controller connection.
>
> And then the original wire went to B-
>
> Go figure this controller was set up for the Club Car.

same controller here then.
thanks

--
Eduardo K.           | Some say it's forgive and forget.
http://www.carfun.cl |  I say forget about forgiving just accept.