PFC 30 Timer Position Help

Mark Dutko
Can anyone tell me where the pointer is on the timer trim pot? The
pot is slotted and one end of the slot is slightly larger than the
other- is that the pointer? There is also a very small black dot on
the pot- not sure if that is the pointer. I've tried to find the "0"
position and I can't seem to do so.

Mark

Re: PFC 30 Timer Position Help

Mike Willmon-3
My PFC20 has a slot in the pot but there is an arrow pointer at 90 degrees to the slot.  The pot is labled with letters A through J or K or something.  A would be the "zero" time and they go up in 15 minute increments.  I just set mine for a shorter timeout this morning and I noticed I backed up too far an the blue timer light cam on solid when I hit "zero" time.

If the dot is at 90 degrees to the slot I would say that is the indicator.  Or you could set it up for time out and back it down to the left until the blue LED comes on and call that zero, and go up 15 minutes per click to your desired setting.  Or you could wait until Rich responds and sets us all straight.

Mike
Anchorage, Ak.

> Can anyone tell me where the pointer is on the timer trim pot? The
> pot is slotted and one end of the slot is slightly larger than the
> other- is that the pointer? There is also a very small black dot on
>
> the pot- not sure if that is the pointer. I've tried to find the
> "0"
> position and I can't seem to do so.
>

> Mark

Re: PFC 30 Timer Position Help

Hello Mark,

The screw driver slot is the pointer.  Turn the pot full counter clock wise
until it stops.  The slot should point straight up which is about 0.  There
is 12 clockwise clicks per turn.  Rich told me to set it at about 3 O clock
position to start with, which is about 3 clicks for my batteries.  This is
about a time out of about 30 minutes for me on my PFC-50.  A PFC-20 may have
to have a longer time out.

At the end of the time out, turn off the charger and check the specific
gravity of the battery if you can, it should read about 1.275 SG.  If it
low, then advanced it another click for the next charge.

If you cannot check the specific gravity, the battery should read about 6.37
for a 6 volt battery or 12.75 for a 12 volt for a 100% State of Charge after
a 12 hour rest.