Patent

TheAlchemist
Hello everyone I am new here, this is my first day and my first post.

To search for the unknown is a lifetime full of adventure and I enjoy mine to the fullest. I hope all of you do also. This post is meant to encourage the new people here that have the desire to look farther ahead than most dare to look. I spent 30 years doing something I enjoyed doing, it was my hobby (my wife and friends said it was more of an obsession) but I was happy and to me that counted the most. My design blends two like laws of physics together in a way that they complement each other; keep in mind that our laws of physics are not chiseled in stone, they can be manipulated within their own ranges.

I have kept up with the EV developments over the past 30 or so years because of a new concept design I was working on in my own shop. I have a design that virtually eliminates the storage battery problem. The concept is for a devise that produces electrical energy faster and more powerful than what we have now, so the number of batteries can be dropped to less than a 3rd. It will be attached to the EV and run all of the electrical power needed, without the need for plugging in to charge the batteries, the system keeps the batteries charged at all times; but that's not why I am here.

Since I am so new here I am sure some will question the validity of this post. To these individuals let me just say that I have spent over 30 years designing this system. Many hundreds of designs made - all research done by me - all blue printed parts done by me - all assembled and and all modifications done by me (30 years worth). It was in the summer of 2010 that I finally received the United States Patent for this design. So in answer to your question "Is this a valid post" the answer is "YES". I believe a United States Patent does hold enough validness to qualify here.

I hope everyone has a wonderful new year filled with good health and many exciting discoveries.

The Alchemist

Re: Patent

Cor van de Water
Since the patent has been assigned, you can easily share the
patent nr so we can evaluate the merits of what you claim.
I am actually writing a patent as we speak, so there is enough
knowledge on this list to discuss validity if needed.

To answer the claim about merit guaranteed by patents:
absolutely not. You get a patent based on an innovation
and whether that innovation is useful is not relevant.
I have seen a patent about hoses you wear under your
coat so that you can breathe warm air to your feet
if they get cold in winter weather...

Chief Scientist
Skype: cor_van_de_water     XoIP: +31877841130
Tel: +1 408 383 7626        Tel: +91 (040)23117400 x203

Re: Patent

TheAlchemist
I do apologize for the misunderstanding. My personal perspective has been focused on the validation's of physics laws which is what I was referring to regarding the validation. I didn't intend to validate all patents LOL.

The patent I am referring to is patent number "7,759,809" issued in July of 2010. Called "Electromagnetic energy device and method"; if you so desire to look at it but that isn't why I posted here.

My intentions was to prove to new inventors that success is not always a short road but if you find something that is special to you and it makes you happy ... well ... then you can enjoy the adventure and still receive the satisfaction.

Life is simply too short to be unhappy.

Best regards to all.

The Alchemist

Re: Patent

Danpatgal
Cor van de Water wrote
I have seen a patent about hoses you wear under your
coat so that you can breathe warm air to your feet
if they get cold in winter weather...
I need that ... my feet were freezing cycling to work this morning.

But seriously, Alchemist, I couldn't agree more with Cor.  Every once in a while there is an odd post on this list of some miracle battery or perpetual motion machine that wastes everyone's time debunking.  If you have a patent, the public information about it would remove any skepticism right away if you could share it.

Further, your post is rather enigmatic.  What exactly are you asking or hoping to share with EVDL readers?

Re: Patent

TheAlchemist
Dan...
I also agree with Cor... and didn't intend to cause a questionable nature in regards to my post. Yet when I reread it after Cor.. mentioned this I understood his perspective in the matter.

Due to the situation I have posted the patent number as well as the title of the patent for all of you.

Dan... I am hopping to share a lifetime of personal discoveries if needed but mainly I want to keep up on new things myself. I found this forum this morning and would like to post occasionally to help. You wouldn't believe how many times some off-the-wall comment lead me to search another area of interest in order to apply that particular perspective to the task I had at hand. Sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn't but it was always worth the adventure to check it out.

Also I would like to add something to your personal perspective of me; I am an old man, very cautious and a very un-trusting individual; this being stated; the patent will work as it is explained in the patent but not to its full potential. I have seen many good ideas be swept under the rug so-to-say, some during my lifetime and some before my time. Since this interests me I do keep up on this information. I guess you could say I have an Ace-up-my-sleeve because I keep some information close to my heart. the full intention of the patent was to prove that no laws of physics were broken; that's why I took for granted that the patent would validate my postings. I was wrong LOL.

The Alchemist

Re: Patent

cowtown
<<< Since I am so new here I am sure some will question the validity of this
post. To these individuals let me just say that I have spent over 30 years
designing this system. Many hundreds of designs made - all research done by
me - all blue printed parts done by me - all assembled and and all
modifications done by me (30 years worth). It was in the summer of 2010 that
I finally received the United States Patent for this design. So in answer to
your question "Is this a valid post" the answer is "YES". I believe a United
States Patent does hold enough validness to qualify here. >>>

There are patents on the books that defy the laws of physics, so
holding one, no matter how many years it took to create, won't change
those laws. And, no, sorry, I don't think this a valid post - browse
through a few years of the archives and you'll find many claims like
this, even some with patents, none that have borne fruit.

Re: Patent

Please refer to the evdl conventions here :

http://www.evdl.org/help/index.html#conv

The relevant section :

"Avoid posting about overunity devices, magnetic motors, free energy,
perpetual motion machines, and anything else that appears to violate the
laws of classical physics. Sorry, those subjects aren't appropriate for the
EVDL. Try overunity.com instead. Electrifying Times also hosts some articles
and discussions dealing with these subjects."

Thank you.

Re: Patent

Voltswagon
The very belief that patent = validity indicates you are nuts.

However, your perpetual motion machine uses a plurality of solenoids which each have a plurality of windings, so it just might work.

Re: Patent

Mike Willmon
I was just pondering this invention but am a little confused as to what,
exactly, is entailed in "supplying amplified power" to anything means.  I
understand the concept of amplifying a power signal and what that entails,
but supplying amplified power seems to suggest you are amplifying an
existing power signal, which again required more power.....  or cowbell  ..
or something at least?  right?

Mike

On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 9:08 AM, <[hidden email]> wrote:

> <<< Since I am so new here I am sure some will question the validity of
> this
> post. To these individuals let me just say that I have spent over 30 years
> designing this system. Many hundreds of designs made - all research done by
> me - all blue printed parts done by me - all assembled and and all
> modifications done by me (30 years worth). It was in the summer of 2010
> that
> I finally received the United States Patent for this design. So in answer
> your question "Is this a valid post" the answer is "YES". I believe a
> United
> States Patent does hold enough validness to qualify here. >>>
>
> There are patents on the books that defy the laws of physics, so
> holding one, no matter how many years it took to create, won't change
> those laws. And, no, sorry, I don't think this a valid post - browse
> through a few years of the archives and you'll find many claims like
> this, even some with patents, none that have borne fruit.

Re: Patent

Ken Fry
Hi Alchemist,

From your patent drawings, it appears that you have created an inefficient transformer.  As such, it could be used in three ways: with DC transitions, with continuous DC, and with AC.

The patent application discusses applying DC to the primary side.  At the current transition (when the circuit is made), you could expect a spike on the output side.  Perhaps your invention could be used as an ignition coil.  If you experiment, you may find that it works better when you break the circuit than when you make the circuit... or try it with a capacitor discharging into the primary side, maybe.

With continuous DC applied to the primary, your device would work as a heater, and as such, could be said to be 100% efficient! (That is even more efficient than the best motors! ... unless you consider the useful output of a motor to be both its mechanical power and its heat.)

If you apply AC current to your device (to coils 13 and 23), you will get AC current out of coil 33.   Although the device is not drawn as an efficient transformer, perhaps you can work out the details in your shop.  By varying the number of turns on the primary and secondary, you can get outputs of higher or lower voltage than the input.

So: ignition coil, DC heater, AC transformer are all possibilities.  The DC heater would be of interest to the EV community, but there's so much competition -- I would not advise getting involved in that.  And it is way too early to post about it here... as a heater, it needs work.

As a means to improve efficiency in motors or generators, the device appears to have negative value -- in other words, it would reduce motor efficiency.  Your device, interposed between batteries and a motor, would causes losses, not gains.  I don't think there is a market for that.

So... this is not the best place to post about your device.  If you imagine your device improves the efficiency of electric machines (from 90% to let's say 110%) then Keelynet and Peswiki might be good places to post -- they'll swallow anything.  CR4 (Cr4.globalspec.com) is a good engineering site, with creative people who could perhaps suggest other uses for your device.

In your post, you claim an efficiency improvement of an electric motor from about 90% to about 270% (you say battery size can be cut to less than 1/3rd now required).  Because such devices are impossible, you cannot post about them here -- such drivel is forbidden.

Good luck in your endeavors,  And do feel free to post about your EV here, assuming you have one.

Ken

Think Big.
Drive Small.