Ping - please ignore

EVDL Administrator
No reply needed, thanks.

.

brucedp5
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

In-line fuse holders on Ebay

Bill Dube
We bought some and you might want to as well. Heck of a deal on _50_
in-line fuse holders on Ebay:
Item # 251298226515

If you plan to use them for high voltage, toss the 2 amp or 15 amp
supplied fuse and replace with a ceramic.

I have no idea where they came from, but they are two to a sealed bag.
Come with two ring terminals and fuses as well.

Same item on digikey:
http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/BK%2FHHB-R/283-2848-ND/1024093
Quant. 50, without the fuses or terminals, cost $69.69, so good deal if
you are looking for them.

Bill D.

Re: EVLN: SMUD installing Efacec's Dual-Standard CHAdeMO+Combo L3 EVSE

Hoegberg .
What is "average" ?  15 or ..60kWh ?
What is "level":s of kW in usa ?
John

> [...]
> life,” Hayfield said. “This triple threat will aim to lock drivers into the
> Tesla experience, and also will give Tesla a perceived advantage over other
> original equipment manufacturers competing in the same market.”
>
> There’s just one other issue that could impede the impressive growth of DC
> fast chargers: the grid itself. Walgreens found that when it installed
> electric vehicle chargers at 800 stores in 2011, only about 150 were DC fast
> chargers because many of the locations did not have the power infrastructure
> to install a 480-volt, DC charger. In most cases, the utilities were not
> interested in upgrading transformers or other infrastructure to support the
> chargers.
>
> The networks will also require more than just upgraded transformers to
> handle the extra load. If enough people plug in their cars during the
> hottest afternoons of the year, the load could be a significant strain on
> the grid. The EV Project, partially funded by the U.S. Department of Energy,
> has found that when people plug into fast chargers, they tend to fill up,
> instead of just topping off to get home.
>
> Ideally, fast charging networks would be built with advanced communications
> networks that connect to a local utility, so that the utility can
> dynamically charge the vehicles while still maintaining local reliability.
>
> Technology can manage some of the charging load, but the proliferation of DC
> charging will still have to come with increased awareness for EV drivers,
> argues Hayfield.
> [© 2013 IEEE Spectrum]
>

> http://www.earthtechling.com/2013/08/fast-electric-car-charger-growth-to-explode/
> Fast Electric Car Charger Growth To Explode August 29, 2013
> The fact we seem to be writing about electric car chargers every day lately
> plays well into new data from research firm IHS suggesting the number of
> stations ...
>

> http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/EVLN-SMUD-installing-L3-EV-quick-chargers-just-off-main-highways-tp4664707.html
> EVLN: SMUD installing L3 EV quick chargers just off main highways
> Aug 12 2013
>

> http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/EVLN-Dual-CHAdeMO-SAE-Combo-Level-3-EVSE-Installed-in-VT-tp4663451.html
> EVLN: Dual CHAdeMO & SAE-Combo Level-3 EVSE Installed in VT
> Jun 07 2013
>

> http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/12357-SAE-vs-CHAdeMO/page15
> SAE vs CHAdeMO - Page 15 - Tesla Motors Club - Enthusiasts ...
> Aug 15, 2013 ... Its one of the [ goe3.org EVSE] with both SAE [Combo] and
> CHAdeMO, ...
>

> For all EVLN posts use:
> http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=search_page&node=413529&query=evln&sort=date
>
> Here are today's archive-only EV posts:
>
> EVLN: $6/gal motivates Aussies to build cheaper 50mi conversions

.

brucedp5
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Drayson Racing sets 4 Electric Land Speed Records

Bill Dube
We built the battery pack for this car.
Bill & Eva

Drayson Racing sets 4 Electric Land Speed Records*

**(sub-999kg electric vehicle subject to FIA homologation and MSA
ratification)*

  * Lord Drayson increases World Electric Land Speed Record for
    sub-999kg vehicles with a new average speed over one mile of
    *205.139mph* and over one kilometre of *333.271kph*, both records
    set from a flying start. The speeds were an average of two runs
    completed within an hour at Elvington Airfield, England (*subject to
    FIA homologation)
  * The Drayson Racing prototype electric race car also set a new EV
    acceleration World Record over a measured quarter mile from a
    standing start, with a time of *9.742 seconds* (*subject to FIA
    homologation)
  * The Oxford based team also set a new British Land Speed Record *for
    cars of any propulsion type driven by their wheels* over one mile
    from a flying start (*subject to MSA ratification)

*15 October – Oxford, England* – Drayson Racing™ has increased the World
Electric Land Speed Record for sub-999kg cars during official
FIA-sanctioned runs at Elvington Airfield in Yorkshire, England.
(*subject to FIA homologation).

The all-electric prototype racing car driven by Lord (Paul) Drayson and
developed by Drayson Racing Technologies achieved a two-way average
speed of 205.139mph over the measured mile and 333.271kph over the
measured kilometre  (*subject to FIA homologation) on the 3km long
Elvington runway. The car reached an unofficial maximum speed of
219.1mph / 352.6kph during the runs in difficult, windy conditions
according to GPS data.

This speed also represents a new British Land Speed Record (*subject to
MSA ratification) over the measured mile for cars of any propulsion type
driven by their wheels.

In addition, the Drayson Racing team submitted the car to FIA-sanctioned
timed acceleration runs, setting a new World Electric Record from a
standing start over a quarter mile with a time of 9.742 seconds and a
top speed of 92.383mph (*subject to FIA homologation).

*On the new record attempts, Lord Drayson (CEO) commented: *

/“We are continuing the testing and development programme of our
electric drivetrain technology and we are delighted with the results
achieved today./

/“Drayson Racing is a laboratory for novel EV technology such as the
high power Qualcomm HaloTM wireless charging system, testing it to the
most extreme level and that’s why we do this. The engineering challenge
of accelerating a 995kg electric car to these speeds and then stopping
in time on such a short runway is pretty intense, but it’s a great
proving ground for our technology. It’s also an exciting way of
demonstrating what’s possible with a state of the art electric vehicle.”/

The team returned to Elvington in an effort to take the prototype
electric racing car even faster than before. When the Drayson Racing
team last ran the car in June, it was still accelerating hard at the
braking point on the runway. Analysis revealed that performance gains
could be found in the car’s DRT 4X2 640 all electric drivetrain
developed by Drayson Racing Technologies, so the team spent the summer
refining the system. Chassis partner Multimatic has also made further
aerodynamic adjustments to reduce drag and further increase the car’s
performance potential.

Lord Drayson intended to discover the car’s maximum possible speed on
the 15-mile long track at the Bonneville Salt Flats, Utah, USA last
month, but did not get the opportunity after the event was cancelled due
to flooding. With the development work on the car complete, the team
decided to run again at Elvington to find out how much faster the car
could go within the relatively tight confines of the 3km runway.

-ENDS-

*Drayson Racing Technologies LLP* is a research & development business
focused on electric vehicle drivetrain and wireless charging technology.
The business has pioneered “green racing technology” since 2007 and the
Drayson Racing Team will compete in the new FIA Formula E Championship
for all-electric racing cars that is starting next year.  Drayson Racing
is an Official Performance Motorsport Development Partner of Qualcomm
Inc. in the field of wireless electric vehicle charging.

For more information please visit the official Drayson Racing website:

http://www.draysonracingfe.com/home.html
<http://draysonracingtechnologies.createsend5.com/t/r-l-njylijt-jjukyktkdk-b/>
Follow us: https://twitter.com/DraysonRacing
<http://draysonracingtechnologies.createsend5.com/t/r-l-njylijt-jjukyktkdk-z/>
Join us: https://www.facebook.com/DraysonRacingFE
<http://draysonracingtechnologies.createsend5.com/t/r-l-njylijt-jjukyktkdk-v/>

*Media enquiries:*
Will Powell - Influence Associates
e: [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
m: +44 7763 753800
o: +44 20 287 9610

© Drayson Racing
Drayson Racing is a trademark of Drayson Racing Technologies LLP,
registered in the United Kingdom and other countries. All rights reserved.
Qualcomm is a trademark of Qualcomm Incorporated, registered in the
United States and other countries. Qualcomm Halo is a trademark of
Qualcomm Incorporated.

/**All records are subject to confirmation by the FIA for World records
and the MSA for British records.*/

Re: Drayson Racing sets 4 Electric Land Speed Records

rodhower
Congrats on an awesome battery pack!

Regarding the acceleration record, I think John Metric is a bit faster, 9.161 Seconds,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOkCUSQYmYk

________________________________
[...]

*15 October – Oxford, England* – Drayson Racing™ has increased the World Electric Land Speed Record for sub-999kg cars during official FIA-sanctioned runs at Elvington Airfield in Yorkshire, England. (*subject to FIA homologation).

[...]

There are plenty of folks that are faster in the standing 1/4, but this
is an FIA record, not a NEDRA record.
Bill D.

On 10/15/2013 9:33 AM, Rod Hower wrote:

> Congrats on an awesome battery pack!
>
> Regarding the acceleration record, I think John Metric is a bit faster, 9.161 Seconds,
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOkCUSQYmYk
>

> ________________________________

Jeff Major
Hi Bill,

Nice thing about records is that there are so many to choose from :-)   And:  >>> 9.742 seconds and a top speed of 92.383mph  <<<   Seems strange to see a sub 10 second pass with sub 100 mph.

Nice battery ;-)

Jeff

On Tuesday, October 15, 2013 12:03 PM, Bill Dube <[hidden email]> wrote:

There are plenty of folks that are faster in the standing 1/4, but this
is an FIA record, not a NEDRA record.
Bill D.

On 10/15/2013 9:33 AM, Rod Hower wrote:

> Congrats on an awesome battery pack!
>
> Regarding the acceleration record, I think John Metric is a bit faster, 9.161 Seconds,
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOkCUSQYmYk
>

> ________________________________

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Lithium Battery Failure Photos

Len Moskowitz
www.ecnmag.com/news/2013/10/photos-day-why-lithium-ion-batteries-fail?et_cid=3546388&et_rid=45571091&linkid=http%3a%2f%2fwww.ecnmag.com%2fnews%2f2013%2f10%2fphotos-day-why-lithium-ion-batteries-fail

.

brucedp5
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

looking for Jay Summit

Mark Grasser-2
    Looking for Jay Summit
    Jay,
    Please contact me off line. [hidden email]
    Thanks,
    Mark Grasser