Power of DC

lawlessind
Thanks to Team member Rick Seara, the Lawless racing team was able to
make a last minute, albeit a liitle late, appearance at Power of DC.
Rick left Orlando, Florida with truck and trailer fully loaded and
headed back to Ohio Saturday at 11 AM. At 6AM I met him along with
Bryan and Denis at our shop in Ohio where we unloaded the trailer and
repacked with racing vehicles. By 2pm we were in beautiful Hagerstown,
MD. Thanks also to the big blue Dodge truck, the Cummins engine, and
the onboard Bully Dog System. It flattened the hills of NC, PA, WV, VA,
and MD and let Rick make record time.

The weather was beautiful. Largest turnout I can ever remember. Perhaps
it was the largest EV drag race turnout ever. Our EV entries were #'s
41 - 43 and we weren't the last ones to get there. AGNS, OBS, and our
black Ural sidecar bike ran flawlessly. The Teslas are pretty darn fast
once they get rolling. Chip Gribben raced against Tesla #38 in the
little OBS dragster. Chip got the hole shot and held off the $100K car
until the 1/8th mile when the 84 Volt dragster went to sleep and the
Tesla started to run and blew by. Chip managed 14 seconds at just over
75 MPH and made a race out of it.
Since the track owner Elmer assured Chiip that he was old enough to run
as fast as he wanted in the little car, we have decided that next year
we'll stuff 240 volts into OBS' little GE motor and all the competition
will see of Chip is his rear tires fading in the distance.

Free from the NEDRA world,  I had the best time racing in a very long
while. It was the first public outing of our brand new EV performance
organization. It is called simply, "Outlaw EV". We will be starting up
a website in the near future with more details. www.outlawev.com. We
are here to: 1> Have a Good Time 2> Put our money where our mouth is by
making public demonstrations of the quickest, fastest, and most
powerful EV's on the planet. 3> Promote the baddest EV's in the land
whether they be drag racers, tractor pullers, dirt draggers, suped up
golf carts, boats, airplanes, etc... Admission is Free. Join us. No
Politics, No Whining.

Nice to see everyone in MD again.

Shawn Lawless

Re: Power of DC

Douglas A. Stansfield
Shaw, I am sorry I missed the Sunday Drag Races....

I will do my best to make it next year.

The Autocross was a blast on Saturday as well.

I look forward to more events in the future....

Sincerely;

Douglas A. Stansfield
President
www.TransAtlanticElectricConversions.com
973-875-6276 (office)
973-670-9208 (cell)
973-440-1619 (fax)

WHOLESALE ELECTRICITY PROVIDERS
And ELECTRIC CAR PRODUCERS

Re: Power of DC

KilowattA798
In a message dated 8/31/2009 3:45:12 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
[hidden email] writes:

> Subj: [EVDL] Power of DC
> Date:8/31/2009 3:45:12 PM US Mountain Standard Time
> From:[hidden email]
> Reply-to:[hidden email]
> To:[hidden email]
> Received from Internet:
>

> Thanks to Team member Rick Seara, the Lawless racing team was able to
> make a last minute, albeit a liitle late, appearance at Power of DC.
> Rick left Orlando, Florida with truck and trailer fully loaded and
> headed back to Ohio Saturday at 11 AM. At 6AM I met him along with
> Bryan and Denis at our shop in Ohio where we unloaded the trailer and
> repacked with racing vehicles. By 2pm we were in beautiful Hagerstown,
> MD. Thanks also to the big blue Dodge truck, the Cummins engine, and
> the onboard Bully Dog System. It flattened the hills of NC, PA, WV, VA,
> and MD and let Rick make record time.
>
> The weather was beautiful. Largest turnout I can ever remember. Perhaps
> it was the largest EV drag race turnout ever. Our EV entries were #'s
> 41 - 43 and we weren't the last ones to get there. AGNS, OBS, and our
> black Ural sidecar bike ran flawlessly. The Teslas are pretty darn fast
> once they get rolling. Chip Gribben raced against Tesla #38 in the
> little OBS dragster. Chip got the hole shot and held off the $100K car
> until the 1/8th mile when the 84 Volt dragster went to sleep and the
> Tesla started to run and blew by. Chip managed 14 seconds at just over
> 75 MPH and made a race out of it.
> Since the track owner Elmer assured Chiip that he was old enough to run
> as fast as he wanted in the little car, we have decided that next year
> we'll stuff 240 volts into OBS' little GE motor and all the competition
> will see of Chip is his rear tires fading in the distance.
>
> Free from the NEDRA world,  I had the best time racing in a very long
> while. It was the first public outing of our brand new EV performance
> organization. It is called simply, "Outlaw EV". We will be starting up
> a website in the near future with more details. www.outlawev.com. We
> are here to: 1> Have a Good Time 2> Put our money where our mouth is by
> making public demonstrations of the quickest, fastest, and most
> powerful EV's on the planet. 3> Promote the baddest EV's in the land
> whether they be drag racers, tractor pullers, dirt draggers, suped up
> golf carts, boats, airplanes, etc... Admission is Free. Join us. No
> Politics, No Whining.
>
> Nice to see everyone in MD again.
>
> Shawn Lawless

Can I be the 1ST member?            Dennis Berube

Re: Power of DC

rodhower
I'll be member x as soon as you get something posted on that link.  It says
""
I'm assuming you have that page?
Oh yeah, that Dodge truck is kick ass, got it running a 14.92 in the quarter here,
http://picasaweb.google.com/rodnhower/WestSalemDrags2009#5352111001448787282
Keep up the good work,
Rod

[hidden email] writes:

> Subj: [EVDL] Power of DC
> Date:8/31/2009 3:45:12 PM US Mountain Standard Time
> From:[hidden email]
> Reply-to:[hidden email]
> To:[hidden email]
> Received from Internet:
>

> Thanks to Team member Rick Seara, the Lawless racing team was able to
> make a last minute, albeit a liitle late, appearance at Power of DC.
> Rick left Orlando, Florida with truck and trailer fully loaded and
> headed back to Ohio Saturday at 11 AM. At 6AM I met him along with
> Bryan and Denis at our shop in Ohio where we unloaded the trailer and
> repacked with racing vehicles. By 2pm we were in beautiful Hagerstown,
> MD. Thanks also to the big blue Dodge truck, the Cummins engine, and
> the onboard Bully Dog System. It flattened the hills of NC, PA, WV, VA,
> and MD and let Rick make record time.
>
> The weather was beautiful. Largest turnout I can ever remember. Perhaps
> it was the largest EV drag race turnout ever. Our EV entries were #'s
> 41 - 43 and we weren't the last ones to get there. AGNS, OBS, and our
> black Ural sidecar bike ran flawlessly. The Teslas are pretty darn fast
> once they get rolling. Chip Gribben raced against Tesla #38 in the
> little OBS dragster. Chip got the hole shot and held off the $100K car
> until the 1/8th mile when the 84 Volt dragster went to sleep and the
> Tesla started to run and blew by. Chip managed 14 seconds at just over
> 75 MPH and made a race out of it.
> Since the track owner Elmer assured Chiip that he was old enough to run
> as fast as he wanted in the little car, we have decided that next year
> we'll stuff 240 volts into OBS' little GE motor and all the competition
> will see of Chip is his rear tires fading in the distance.
>
> Free from the NEDRA world,  I had the best time racing in a very long
> while. It was the first public outing of our brand new EV performance
> organization. It is called simply, "Outlaw EV". We will be starting up
> a website in the near future with more details. www.outlawev.com. We
> are here to: 1> Have a Good Time 2> Put our money where our mouth is by
> making public demonstrations of the quickest, fastest, and most
> powerful EV's on the planet. 3> Promote the baddest EV's in the land
> whether they be drag racers, tractor pullers, dirt draggers, suped up
> golf carts, boats, airplanes, etc... Admission is Free. Join us. No
> Politics, No Whining.
>
> Nice to see everyone in MD again.
>
> Shawn Lawless

Can I be the 1ST member?            Dennis Berube

Re: Power of DC

rodhower
I guess the quote was in HTML, this is what it said
"this page is parked by go-daddy"

[hidden email] writes:

> Subj: [EVDL] Power of DC
> Date:8/31/2009 3:45:12 PM US Mountain Standard Time
> From:[hidden email]
> Reply-to:[hidden email]
> To:[hidden email]
> Received from Internet:
>

> Thanks to Team member Rick Seara, the Lawless racing team was able to
> make a last minute, albeit a liitle late, appearance at Power of DC.
> Rick left Orlando, Florida with truck and trailer fully loaded and
> headed back to Ohio Saturday at 11 AM. At 6AM I met him along with
> Bryan and Denis at our shop in Ohio where we unloaded the trailer and
> repacked with racing vehicles. By 2pm we were in beautiful Hagerstown,
> MD. Thanks also to the big blue Dodge truck, the Cummins engine, and
> the onboard Bully Dog System. It flattened the hills of NC, PA, WV, VA,
> and MD and let Rick make record time.
>
> The weather was beautiful. Largest turnout I can ever remember. Perhaps
> it was the largest EV drag race turnout ever. Our EV entries were #'s
> 41 - 43 and we weren't the last ones to get there. AGNS, OBS, and our
> black Ural sidecar bike ran flawlessly. The Teslas are pretty darn fast
> once they get rolling. Chip Gribben raced against Tesla #38 in the
> little OBS dragster. Chip got the hole shot and held off the $100K car
> until the 1/8th mile when the 84 Volt dragster went to sleep and the
> Tesla started to run and blew by. Chip managed 14 seconds at just over
> 75 MPH and made a race out of it.
> Since the track owner Elmer assured Chiip that he was old enough to run
> as fast as he wanted in the little car, we have decided that next year
> we'll stuff 240 volts into OBS' little GE motor and all the competition
> will see of Chip is his rear tires fading in the distance.
>
> Free from the NEDRA world,  I had the best time racing in a very long
> while. It was the first public outing of our brand new EV performance
> organization. It is called simply, "Outlaw EV". We will be starting up
> a website in the near future with more details. www.outlawev.com. We
> are here to: 1> Have a Good Time 2> Put our money where our mouth is by
> making public demonstrations of the quickest, fastest, and most
> powerful EV's on the planet. 3> Promote the baddest EV's in the land
> whether they be drag racers, tractor pullers, dirt draggers, suped up
> golf carts, boats, airplanes, etc... Admission is Free. Join us. No
> Politics, No Whining.
>
> Nice to see everyone in MD again.
>
> Shawn Lawless

Can I be the 1ST member?            Dennis Berube

Re: Power of DC

lawlessind
Dennis,

I've got you in as member # 5.
I bought shirts for PODC but they are already gone.
I'll get more asap.

Thanks,

Shawn

[hidden email] writes:

> Subj: [EVDL] Power of DC
> Date:8/31/2009 3:45:12 PM US Mountain Standard Time
> From:[hidden email]
> Reply-to:[hidden email]
> To:[hidden email]
> Received from Internet:
>

> Thanks to Team member Rick Seara, the Lawless racing team was able to
> make a last minute, albeit a liitle late, appearance at Power of DC.
> Rick left Orlando, Florida with truck and trailer fully loaded and
> headed back to Ohio Saturday at 11 AM. At 6AM I met him along with
> Bryan and Denis at our shop in Ohio where we unloaded the trailer and
> repacked with racing vehicles. By 2pm we were in beautiful
Hagerstown,
> MD. Thanks also to the big blue Dodge truck, the Cummins engine, and
> the onboard Bully Dog System. It flattened the hills of NC, PA, WV,
VA,
> and MD and let Rick make record time.
>
> The weather was beautiful. Largest turnout I can ever remember.
Perhaps
> it was the largest EV drag race turnout ever. Our EV entries were #'s
> 41 - 43 and we weren't the last ones to get there. AGNS, OBS, and our
> black Ural sidecar bike ran flawlessly. The Teslas are pretty darn
fast
> once they get rolling. Chip Gribben raced against Tesla #38 in the
> little OBS dragster. Chip got the hole shot and held off the $100K
car
> until the 1/8th mile when the 84 Volt dragster went to sleep and the
> Tesla started to run and blew by. Chip managed 14 seconds at just
over
> 75 MPH and made a race out of it.
> Since the track owner Elmer assured Chiip that he was old enough to
run
> as fast as he wanted in the little car, we have decided that next
year
> we'll stuff 240 volts into OBS' little GE motor and all the
competition
> will see of Chip is his rear tires fading in the distance.
>
> Free from the NEDRA world,  I had the best time racing in a very long
> while. It was the first public outing of our brand new EV performance
> organization. It is called simply, "Outlaw EV". We will be starting
up
> a website in the near future with more details. www.outlawev.com. We
> are here to: 1> Have a Good Time 2> Put our money where our mouth is
by

> making public demonstrations of the quickest, fastest, and most
> powerful EV's on the planet. 3> Promote the baddest EV's in the land
> whether they be drag racers, tractor pullers, dirt draggers, suped up
> golf carts, boats, airplanes, etc... Admission is Free. Join us. No
> Politics, No Whining.
>
> Nice to see everyone in MD again.
>
> Shawn Lawless

Can I be the 1ST member?            Dennis Berube

Re: Power of DC

lawlessind
Rod,

I just got the domain.  I'll get it up asap.
Let me know when you can come down and pick up some batteries for the
kids.  I've got some 16AH Hawkers for you.

Shawn