Prestolite Motor Info

Jonas
I just picked up a 1979 US Electricar Lectric Leopard, which came with a "spare" motor. The spare is not the MTA-4001 but is bolted to the same type of wooden adapter plate as in the Leopard. The spare motor is identified as a Prestolite EO-32094 MJQ-4002MOD on the label plate but I don't know what this is compared to the MTA-4001. Could it be from an earlier US Electricar conversion? Would that be a better motor to use than my MTA-4001? Any suggestions or leads would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Re: Prestolite Motor Info

Danpatgal
Hi Jonas,

I have a Lectric Leopard, but not the original motor.  The car was modified to run on 120V and I've heard that technically it could have been adjusted to run at 120, but the guy I bought it from put an ADC 6.7" motor in instead.  It's working quite fine now for me.

I do know there are a couple guys not too far from me (in Philadelphia, PA) that are either still trying to sell or have already sold their Lectric Leopards with the original motors.  One of them has a spare, if I remember correctly, and might be able to address your question.  Contact me off the list and I can give you some more information.  And, you may be able to find some "experts" on www.evalbum.com, if you've not already discovered it.

Dan

Re: Prestolite Motor Info

Jeff Major
Hi Dan (and Jonas),

I didn't see the original post.  But I am familiar with the Prestolite MTA-4001 motor.  Contact me if you have questions.  48 volt compound wound 7.2 inch diameter.

Jeff M