Prius pickup anyone?

I have a 2014 Prius hatchback that ended up the creme filling in a California freeway Oreo, IE: it got hit hard in the rear and driven into the vehicle in front. Looks like the insurance company is going to total it as the right rear quarter panel was driven forward enough to make the right rear door stick and the rear panel in front of the bumper is toast. Rear damage otherwise is bolt on stuff like bumper and right tail light. Front damage is mostly just the bumper cover, radiator and core support. No airbag deployment. Car was in beautiful condition and only has 35K on it and still runs and drives fine. Depending on what the insurance company wants for the buy back I was thinking of fixing it but while looking at it the thought crossed my mind that it might be cool just to lop off the back behind the front doors and make a light duty pickup out of it. Anyone else done anything like this and might have suggestions as to what kind of a little mini truck bed might work? Or suggestion
 s where I might source crash parts for this mess? Rock Auto has the radiator and the bumper bits but not much for the rear panels I would need if I fix it back to original. Dach.

Re: Prius pickup anyone?

David,
You mean a rear half 3rd gen Prius like this one asking $1000
https://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/cto/d/toyota-prius-gen-3/6436699404.htm
Cor.

Re: Prius pickup anyone?

Stupid Microsoft auto-format "improvements" caused the 'L" to break to the next page and break the URL.
Try this:
sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/cto/d/toyota-prius-gen-3/6436699404.html
(paste into a web browser as my email now refuses to treat this as a link,
because it does not start with https)

[...]

Make sure the end of the link says "html" as the last l went on to another line. When I added an l to the link it worked.

Alan

Sent from my Verizon Motorola Smartphone

Alan Brinkman via EV wrote:
> Make sure the end of the link says "html" as the last l went on to another line. When I added an l to the link it worked.

When you put a link in an email, enclose it in less-than and
greater-than signs <like this>. Every email program I know of will then
recognize that it's a link, and not break it up.

--
Whether we or our politicians know it or not, Nature is party to all
our deals and decisions, and she has more votes, a longer memory,

Re: Prius pickup anyone?

Dave,
You may want to contact this Florida guy that did it nice enough that it made it into some articles:
<https://priuschat.com/threads/2005-prius-to-light-duty-pickup-truck-conversion.165865/>

Cor.

[...]

Re: Prius pickup truck

< https://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/cto/d/toyota-prius-gen-3/6436699404.html >

< https://www.google.com/search?q=prius+pickup >
search shows it has been done. So a pih project like that is do'able.

Re: Prius pickup anyone?

This pickup was next to my truck at Maker Fair Orlando last year, it was
really nicely done. His only issue was that the battery was right under
the black bedliner, so he had to route cooling air to the battery with
fans and plastic tubes.  Unfortunately, I heard that it has since gotten
into an accident and was totaled.

Jay