Re: Alask Renewable Energy Fair

Mike Willmon-3
Oh Nice, I'm misquoted as saying my "three" volt motor can make 180 HP

http://www.ktuu.com/global/story.asp?s=6919581

But the fair was fun nonetheless.  Chris Rose the fair Coordinator brought the keynote speaker Robert McFarlane directly over to
my truck to introduce him and to talk about my thoughts on alternative forms of transportation.  Tehben made it up from Homer
(AK.) and Bart as well.  So we have several project in the works that can be completed for next years show.  Saw a lot of folks
from our local EVA group including several with electric bike conversion businesses.  I was asked on multiple occasions about
building electric 4-wheelers so I'll have to find someone willing to do the work and impart some knowledge to feed the masses ;-)

Lots of handouts given, all the new videos shown (and some of the older ones too),  there were several gas racers interested in
the hotrod components I had on display in the back of my trailer. I had help this time thanks to my buddy Hank who did as much
talking up of the Pinto as I was doing.

Channel 2 News (KTUU Anchorage) wired me so I may make a cut on the evening news, it may or may not post to the website so I'll
check back throughout the evening.  I know I didn't say a "three" volt motor could pull 180 HP  ;-P

More later, I'm beat.

Mike,
Anchorage, Ak.

Re: Alask Renewable Energy Fair

Tehben Dean
>Tehben made it up from Homer

Yes, it was great to finally meet you mike :D
I got to TOUCH the motors. 8)  Can't wait to see the Pinto on the track.

>I was asked on multiple occasions about
> building electric 4-wheelers so I'll have to find someone willing to do the work and >impart some knowledge to feed the masses ;-)

The guy who owns the machine shop that is doing my adapter wants to
convert a 4-wheeler and it is something I have been wanting to do, so
we will probably do a couple this winter.

Cheers,
--
Tehben
'90 Toyota 4x4 Pickup

Re: Alask Renewable Energy Fair

Mike Willmon-3
Careful, Jim might think you're getting a little too close to his babies with that touchy feely stuff ;-P   You know you really
wanted to go DC.  But hey get that AC powered Toyota going and you certainly won't be disappointed.

Yeah some other folks on the AlaskaEVA list have been inquiring to me about doing some 4-wheelers and the kids at the King Career
Center were at the Fair too looking for projects.  I may wind up going in with the KCC and see if they'd light off their classroom
on a couple 4-wheeler projects.  It would get them some good learning and a couple people interested in having a 4-wheeler a good
deal on the labor.  I'm interested in your details once you get going.  I'm about to start looking to see which bike would be the
lighest with the greatest carrying capacity.  You know, putting some studded tires on an electric 4-wheeler would make for some
great ICE racing (so to speak) on the frozen lakes this winter :-O

mike golub
I really don't think there's a big difference in the
weight of these ATVs.

I'd be more interested in getting a good donor at a
decent price.