Re: EV economy, was: misinformation or what?

Re: EV economy, was: misinformation or what?

fred ungewitter
We've had our (used, 2nd owner) Rav4EV for a bit more than a thousand miles now. Because we've learned to be easy on the pedal, and especially because we're in flat territory, routinely see 180 wh/mile energy usage at speeds in the 40-45mph range.

Not in the same ballpark, but at least near the same playing field, our Xebra gets 130 wh/mi, while I can squeeze a mile from my Gizmo for under 100 watt-hours.

Way out in left field, so to speak, is my EV akin to the Yike bike noted in an earlier thread, a Focus Designs Self-Balancing Unicycle (SBU) (http://focusdesigns.com). Seven mile range (to 80% DoD), ten mph, 12-15 wh/mile. With the electrical rates here, that's three miles per penny, measured at the charger. Ask me for a discount code :-)

Original Message: 3
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 14:17:21 -0700
From: Dave Hymers <[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: [EVDL] misinformation or what?

I think he meant watt hours :)

for reference the Toyota Rav4 EV got roughly 250 wh/mile.
End of Original Message: 3