Re: How to do a Cross US EV trip, eff numbers

Re: How to do a Cross US EV trip, eff numbers

jerryd

          Hi Ed and All,
              Sadly people throw up problems that are not
ones. EVen worse when it's an EV'er.
               There are so many ways to skin this cat.
                Battery leasing/swapping is not bad now with
present lead tech  but shortly Li-ions will be in 100-200lb
packs making exchanging rather easy. One could run on 1 pack
which in Li-ion would only weigh about 200lbs for 100+ mile
range in the Freedom EV, Sunrise 2 or other built as EV's
will get. I doubt most future EV's will use over
175wthr/mile with ones like mine getting under 100wthr/mile.
Then add packs for long trips.
                Once Li price drops, 300+ mile range EV's
will be commonly available making long trips easy.