Re: John Wayland, Rod Wilde, Rich Rudman it was suppose to be hard!!

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: John Wayland, Rod Wilde, Rich Rudman it was suppose to be hard!!

KilowattA798
My S10 is about 850lbs heavier(then the Zombie),has 40% less battery power(+
only standard hawkers)less aerodynamic, only one motor(that I built up and its
far from being tuned in)has all the proper NHRA safety equiptment including a
full cage,still has much more battery power and motor power to dial in,has
only been down the track 7 times in 2 weekends,has about 200 street miles in 3
weeks,has been doing service calls almost on a daily basis including today and
just Blew through the 100 mph mark.Sorry I did not make the nationals!  100 ++
was pretty easy.                          Dennis Berube  
_______________________________________________
For subscription options, see
http://lists.sjsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/ev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: John Wayland, Rod Wilde, Rich Rudman it was suppose to be hard!!

Mike Willmon-3
Knowing what your are doing and having done it before makes it that much easier ;-)
BTW what times have you been posting on those first 7 runs. I'm interested in the data as you tune her up.  Sounds like you having
fun just driving her around, eh?

Mike,
Anchorage, Ak.

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [hidden email] [mailto:[hidden email]]On
> Behalf Of [hidden email]
> Sent: Friday, August 17, 2007 9:42 PM
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [EVDL] John Wayland, Rod Wilde,Rich Rudman it was suppose
> to be hard!!
>
>
> My S10 is about 850lbs heavier(then the Zombie),has 40% less battery power(+
> only standard hawkers)less aerodynamic, only one motor(that I built up and its
> far from being tuned in)has all the proper NHRA safety equiptment including a
> full cage,still has much more battery power and motor power to dial in,has
> only been down the track 7 times in 2 weekends,has about 200 street miles in 3
> weeks,has been doing service calls almost on a daily basis including today and
> just Blew through the 100 mph mark.Sorry I did not make the nationals!  100 ++
> was pretty easy.                          Dennis Berube
> _______________________________________________
> For subscription options, see
> http://lists.sjsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/ev
>

_______________________________________________
For subscription options, see
http://lists.sjsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/ev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: John Wayland, Rod Wilde, Rich Rudman it was suppose to be hard!!

Dan Frederiksen-2
In reply to this post by KilowattA798
congrats. what motor and controller?

[hidden email] wrote:

> My S10 is about 850lbs heavier(then the Zombie),has 40% less battery power(+
> only standard hawkers)less aerodynamic, only one motor(that I built up and its
> far from being tuned in)has all the proper NHRA safety equiptment including a
> full cage,still has much more battery power and motor power to dial in,has
> only been down the track 7 times in 2 weekends,has about 200 street miles in 3
> weeks,has been doing service calls almost on a daily basis including today and
> just Blew through the 100 mph mark.Sorry I did not make the nationals!  100 ++
> was pretty easy.                          Dennis Berube  
> _______________________________________________
> For subscription options, see
> http://lists.sjsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/ev
>
>  

_______________________________________________
For subscription options, see
http://lists.sjsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/ev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

NEDRA record pages out of date

Dan Frederiksen-2
In reply to this post by KilowattA798
http://www.nedra.com/150mph_club.html

why haven't these been updated with the latest killacycle and white
zombie records?

Dan

_______________________________________________
For subscription options, see
http://lists.sjsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/ev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: John Wayland, Rod Wilde, Rich Rudman it was suppose to be hard!!

KilowattA798
In reply to this post by KilowattA798
In a message dated 8/18/2007 12:34:33 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
[hidden email] writes:

> ilde, Rich Rudman it was suppose to be hard!!
> Date:8/18/2007 12:34:33 AM US Mountain Standard Time
> From:[hidden email]
> Reply-to:[hidden email]
> To:[hidden email]
> Received from Internet:
>
>
>
> Knowing what your are doing and having done it before makes it that much
> easier ;-
> BTW what times have you been posting on those first 7 runs. I'm interested
> in the data as you tune her up.  Sounds like you having
> fun just driving her around, eh?
>
> Mike,
> Anchorage, Ak.
> It is so much more fun than my dragster the current eliminator.It takes 1
> year bracket racing the CE to drive 200 miles.Service calls, trips to home
> depot,sonic,auto zone,cheker,ect take a lot longer though with all the questions
> I have to answer along the way.Mike I am slowly turning up the controller
> battery amps and volts and (ma) and motor volts checking for any sign of motor
> arcing so far so good a nice clean comm.The 1st run last weekend was 14.85 at
> 85 the last run last night 13.001 at 102.81.I would have to say that I am
> using about 65%battery power on that last run.Looking foward to next weekend at
> the strip where I will put 70% or so to her.I like to take these things slow.
>  Dennis Berube
> >-----Original Message-----
> >From: [hidden email] [mailto:[hidden email]]On
> >Behalf Of [hidden email]
> >Sent: Friday, August 17, 2007 9:42 PM
> >To: [hidden email]
> >Subject: Re: [EVDL] John Wayland, Rod Wilde,Rich Rudman it was suppose
> >to be hard!!
> >
> >
> >My S10 is about 850lbs heavier(then the Zombie),has 40% less battery
> power(+
> >only standard hawkers)less aerodynamic, only one motor(that I built up and
> its
> >far from being tuned in)has all the proper NHRA safety equiptment including
> a
> >full cage,still has much more battery power and motor power to dial in,has
> >only been down the track 7 times in 2 weekends,has about 200 street miles
> in 3
> >weeks,has been doing service calls almost on a daily basis including today
> and
> >just Blew through the 100 mph mark.Sorry I did not make the nationals!  100
> ++
> >was pretty easy.                          Dennis Berube
   
_______________________________________________
For subscription options, see
http://lists.sjsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/ev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: John Wayland, Rod Wilde, Rich Rudman it was suppose to be hard!!

KilowattA798
In reply to this post by KilowattA798
In a message dated 8/18/2007 4:29:00 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
[hidden email] writes:

> e, Rich Rudman it was suppose to be hard!!
> Date:8/18/2007 4:29:00 AM US Mountain Standard Time
> From:[hidden email]
> Reply-to:[hidden email]
> To:[hidden email]
> Received from Internet:
>
>
>
> congrats. what motor and controller?
> ** Its a xilla controler and a motor I found in the forklift junkyard for 25
> dollars.
> [hidden email] wrote:
> >My S10 is about 850lbs heavier(then the Zombie),has 40% less battery
> power(+
> >only standard hawkers)less aerodynamic, only one motor(that I built up and
> its
> >far from being tuned in)has all the proper NHRA safety equiptment including
> a
> >full cage,still has much more battery power and motor power to dial in,has
> >only been down the track 7 times in 2 weekends,has about 200 street miles
> in 3
> >weeks,has been doing service calls almost on a daily basis including today
> and
> >just Blew through the 100 mph mark.Sorry I did not make the nationals!  100
> ++
> >was pretty easy.                          Dennis Berube
   
_______________________________________________
For subscription options, see
http://lists.sjsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/ev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: John Wayland, Rod Wilde, Rich Rudman it was suppose to be hard!!

Dan Frederiksen-2
hehe cool. do you have a website on this vehicle as well?
if not what size is the motor? any brand or model name?
any refurbishing done on it?

Dan

[hidden email] wrote:

> In a message dated 8/18/2007 4:29:00 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
> [hidden email] writes:
>  
>> e, Rich Rudman it was suppose to be hard!!
>> Date:8/18/2007 4:29:00 AM US Mountain Standard Time
>> From:[hidden email]
>> Reply-to:[hidden email]
>> To:[hidden email]
>> Received from Internet:
>>
>>
>>
>> congrats. what motor and controller?
>> ** Its a xilla controler and a motor I found in the forklift junkyard for 25
>> dollars.
>> [hidden email] wrote:
>>    
>>> My S10 is about 850lbs heavier(then the Zombie),has 40% less battery
>>>      
>> power(+
>>    
>>> only standard hawkers)less aerodynamic, only one motor(that I built up and
>>>      
>> its
>>    
>>> far from being tuned in)has all the proper NHRA safety equiptment including
>>>      
>> a
>>    
>>> full cage,still has much more battery power and motor power to dial in,has
>>> only been down the track 7 times in 2 weekends,has about 200 street miles
>>>      
>> in 3
>>    
>>> weeks,has been doing service calls almost on a daily basis including today
>>>      
>> and
>>    
>>> just Blew through the 100 mph mark.Sorry I did not make the nationals!  100
>>>      
>> ++
>>    
>>> was pretty easy.                          Dennis Berube
>>>      
>    
> _______________________________________________
> For subscription options, see
> http://lists.sjsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/ev
>
>  

_______________________________________________
For subscription options, see
http://lists.sjsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/ev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: John Wayland, Rod Wilde, Rich Rudman it was suppose to be hard!!

KilowattA798
In reply to this post by KilowattA798
In a message dated 8/18/2007 8:37:10 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
[hidden email] writes:

> bj: Re: [EVDL] John Wayland, Rod Wilde, Rich Rudman it was suppose to be
> hard!!
> Date:8/18/2007 8:37:10 AM US Mountain Standard Time
> From:[hidden email]
> Reply-to:[hidden email]
> To:[hidden email]
> Received from Internet:
>
>
>
> hehe cool. do you have a website on this vehicle as well?
> if not what size is the motor? any brand or model name?
> any refurbishing done on it?
>
> Dan
I do not have a website on it.Its a  almost 13 incher about 13 in long.It
came out of a 24/36 lift truck.Theres a few of the same mods that are in my
dragster motor.It does not have a moving brush system yet.I do however attribute
the trucks performance to the special care I build motors with.Theres another
hotrod being built out there with a couple of my heavly modified motors that
will really scare the guy when he mashes the pot box.  Dennis  
_______________________________________________
For subscription options, see
http://lists.sjsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/ev