Re: Kamm racing his Fit EV on frozen-ice surfaces ...

Re: Kamm racing his Fit EV on frozen-ice surfaces ...

Tom Keenan
Isn't the Fit EV lease only?  Most leases specifically prohibit 'racing' in the contract...

Or is this sponsored by Honda?

Tom Keenan

> On Feb 14, 2014, at 6:39 AM, brucedp5 <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> After looking at the wording of the topic of:
>
> http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/EVLN-Fit-EV-Ice-Races-Against-Adirondack-Motor-Enthusiast-Club-ice-tp4667953.html
> EVLN: Fit EV 'Ice-Races' Against Adirondack Motor Enthusiast Club ice
>
> I was thinking there might have been some confusion.
> Is Bruce posting about racing ice?
>
> No, is about an EV-racer that is driving his Honda Fit on a
> frozen-ice-surface. Speaking about himself, according to his Facebook page:

Re: Kamm racing his Fit EV on frozen-ice surfaces ...

Zeke Yewdall
I'm assuming this is not Georgetown lake in Colorado, but a similarly named
one back east?   Out here we have ice racing every year -- depending on
what day and category, anyone can enter, in any car.  I don't see why you
couldn't enter an EV (people enter everything from jeeps to specifically
designed ice racing buggies to old rear wheel drive crown vics with bald
tires).  http://ourgangiceracing.com/

On Sun, Feb 16, 2014 at 7:18 AM, Tom Keenan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Isn't the Fit EV lease only?  Most leases specifically prohibit 'racing'
> in the contract...
>
> Or is this sponsored by Honda?
>
> Tom Keenan
>
> > On Feb 14, 2014, at 6:39 AM, brucedp5 <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >

> > After looking at the wording of the topic of:
> >

> http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/EVLN-Fit-EV-Ice-Races-Against-Adirondack-Motor-Enthusiast-Club-ice-tp4667953.html
> > EVLN: Fit EV 'Ice-Races' Against Adirondack Motor Enthusiast Club ice
> >
> > I was thinking there might have been some confusion.
> > Is Bruce posting about racing ice?
> >
> > No, is about an EV-racer that is driving his Honda Fit on a
> > frozen-ice-surface. Speaking about himself, according to his Facebook
> page:

Re: Kamm racing his Fit EV on frozen-ice surfaces ...

Zeke Yewdall
It looks like this year, you have to have 4wd or AWD though... so that
would rule out a lot of EV's.

On Sun, Feb 16, 2014 at 8:32 AM, Zeke Yewdall <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm assuming this is not Georgetown lake in Colorado, but a similarly
> named one back east?   Out here we have ice racing every year -- depending
> on what day and category, anyone can enter, in any car.  I don't see why
> you couldn't enter an EV (people enter everything from jeeps to
> specifically designed ice racing buggies to old rear wheel drive crown vics
> with bald tires).  http://ourgangiceracing.com/
>

> On Sun, Feb 16, 2014 at 7:18 AM, Tom Keenan <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Isn't the Fit EV lease only?  Most leases specifically prohibit 'racing'
>> in the contract...
>>
>> Or is this sponsored by Honda?
>>
>> Tom Keenan
>>
>> > On Feb 14, 2014, at 6:39 AM, brucedp5 <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> >

>> > After looking at the wording of the topic of:
>> >

>> http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/EVLN-Fit-EV-Ice-Races-Against-Adirondack-Motor-Enthusiast-Club-ice-tp4667953.html
>> > EVLN: Fit EV 'Ice-Races' Against Adirondack Motor Enthusiast Club ice
>> >
>> > I was thinking there might have been some confusion.
>> > Is Bruce posting about racing ice?
>> >
>> > No, is about an EV-racer that is driving his Honda Fit on a
>> > frozen-ice-surface. Speaking about himself, according to his Facebook
>> page:

Re: Kamm racing his Fit EV on frozen-ice surfaces ...

brucedp5
This post was updated on .
[ref
http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/EVLN-Kamm-racing-his-Fit-EV-on-frozen-ice-surfaces-tp4667953.html
EVLN: Kamm racing his Fit EV on frozen-ice surfaces ...
]

It would be good to ask Mike himself. I sent him an email via facebook,
but since I was not on his friends list, the email was relegated to
'other' which is likely treated like s pam. I got no response, then
again, I did not ask for one but did give him an outside email address
if he did want to chat.

But if dig/do-some-research, you can see
http://www.plugincars.com/user/mike-kamm
where he was a former Nissan technician
 ... and see
https://www.google.com/#channel=rcs&q=Mike+Kamm+Averill+Park+NY
he is quite active on the racing forums in his region.  I suppose one
could join one of those and try contacting him, but my guess he is too
busy having fun with his EVgrin :-)

On one of the comment responses Mike made he mentioned he had just
signed up to take advantage of the lower cost Fit EV lease pricing (a
while ago). So, he is leasing a Fit EV.

IMO I do not think he is sponsored by Honda, and figure he willing to
take the chance on racing violating his lease. Any mods I read he had
made all seem off-the-shelf, and easily un-done before he would turn the
leased Fit EV back in. Meanwhile he is enjoying his ride.

BTW, Mike has his personable, humorous side, see and read the
accompanying text/blurb on
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10200586818813167&set=pb.1240123111.-2207520000.1392564551.&type=3&theater
That image says it all.

{brucedp.150m.com}