Re: Price, Lead battery recycling, Not 98% (was: Delivery truck)

Re: Price, Lead battery recycling, Not 98% (was: Delivery truck)

      Hi Bill, Lee and All,           Batteries are as well as can be recycled, in the US because it has always been nicely profitable and those who collect metals and many others always have an eye out for le   ad batteries because they are quick cash.            While batteries alone which w are talking about, while maybe not 98%, is getting close to it.            For those recycling them news is great because EV, storage demand in the world is way up, recent price quotes were  $.35/lb meaning $20 or so per GC battery.           While that looks great for now, eventually Li, other batteries will replace them, prices drop and thy get left behind.              We need a solution for that and I think it is grid batteries, submarine style that last 20 yrs and with a reformer onsite, would have unlimited life with a $.10lb floor price to make sure it is recycled.             Jerry Dycus