Re: [seva] Local machine shops? (Adapter plate database?)

Re: [seva] Local machine shops? (Adapter plate database?)

Jeff Shanab
I am thinking that while adapter designs donated by many, should be
available as a link, the page displaying the database might be best if
it was just the dimensions needed.

Because there are so many ways to make an adapter, but only one set of
dimensions.

ie
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
|make    | engine code |  tranny      |models                         |
<layoutlink >    | <adapter examples link>|
|--------|-------------|--------------|-------------------------------|------------------|------------------------|
|Nissan  | Vg60        | FS5W71C      |1984-1987 non turbo 300zx      |
http://blah      | http://blahblahblah    |
|        |             |              |240sx,180sx,silva              |
                 | http://blah2blah2                       |
|--------|-------------|--------------|-------------------------------|------------------|------------------------|

And so on. Multiple models and/or trannys per layout and per model or
maybe different adapters using same layout for different models.
This is how I was gonna set this up on my site, But I never got a good
enough connection for such an endevour. The database backed up website
is a no brainer.

Re: [seva] Local machine shops? (Adapter plate database?)

storm connors
The person who made the adapter for my Samurai took the novel approach of
cutting off the rear 2 inches of the engine block. This was welded to an
inch thick plate to which the motor is attached. Probably not appropriate
for everyone, but it is one way to get the holes in the right places. :-)

On 8/8/07, Jeff Shanab <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am thinking that while adapter designs donated by many, should be
> available as a link, the page displaying the database might be best if
> it was just the dimensions needed.
>
> Because there are so many ways to make an adapter, but only one set of
> dimensions.
>
> ie
>
> __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
> |make    | engine code |  tranny      |models                         |
> <layoutlink >    | <adapter examples link>|
>
> |--------|-------------|--------------|-------------------------------|------------------|------------------------|
> |Nissan  | Vg60        | FS5W71C      |1984-1987 non turbo 300zx      |
> http://blah      | http://blahblahblah    |
> |        |             |              |240sx,180sx,silva              |
>                  | http://blah2blah2                       |

> And so on. Multiple models and/or trannys per layout and per model or
> maybe different adapters using same layout for different models.
> This is how I was gonna set this up on my site, But I never got a good
> enough connection for such an endevour. The database backed up website
> is a no brainer.

http://www.austinev.org/evalbum/1059
http://stormselectric.blogspot.com/
Storm