Re: unsubscribe

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: unsubscribe

Geopilot
Oil is not a fuel either. Is is simply a long term carrier of very old
solar energy stored in oraginic life.

On Mon, 6 Aug 2007 7:53 pm, Simon Turner wrote:

> unsubscribe
> --- MIKE WILLMON <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>>  Hydrogen is not a fuel.  It  IS an energy carrier,
>>  or storage medium much as a battery or capacitor..
>>  If the electrons from the storage medium power an
>>  electric motor, then technically it IS an EV.
>>
>>  Maybe we could rename our group the BEVDL, or
>>  Battery Electric Vehicle Discussion List and limit
>>  our arguments to what batteries get the best
>>  performance, or how to maintain them better.   It
>>  seems you are now the one with the closed mind, and
>>  blindly following the mantra of if its not batteries
>>  its not electric, yada yada yada.  I'm not one to
>>  favour the hydrogen hype because it is such an
>>  inefficient form of energy storage.  However to stay
>>  technically correct, but not argue for that side, I
>>  would say the Fuel Cell powered vehicle are EV's if
>>  they power electric motors.
>>
>>
>>
>>  ----- Original Message -----
>>  From: Dan Frederiksen <[hidden email]>
>>  Date: Tuesday, July 31, 2007 11:39 am
>>  Subject: Re: Electric car vies for speed record (500
>>  kph)
>>  To: [hidden email]
>>
>>  > Dewey, Jody R ATC COMNAVAIRLANT, N422G5G wrote:
>>  > > Why do you say it is NOT an electric vehicle?  I
>>  don't see a gas
>>  > engine> of any type on there.  A fuel cell
>>  generates ELECTRICITY
>>  > and the primary
>>  > > drive mechanism is an ELECTRIC Motor.  Just
>>  because the fuel is
>>  > hydrogen> doesn't mean it is not electric.  They
>>  are just making it
>>  > aboard instead
>>  > > of charging it externally.
>>  > >
>>  > The hydrogen fuel voids its status as electric in
>>  my book. I would
>>  > say
>>  > that a strict EV must be powered by an electrical
>>  storage such as
>>  > battery or capacitor. if you allow generators such
>>  as fuel cells
>>  > you
>>  > also allow types like the prius which is a gas car
>>  with an electric
>>  > clutch. this is a fuel cell car. hydrogen-electric
>>  if you will.
>>  > like
>>  > diesel-electric trains.
>>  > another way to define an EV might be to require
>>  refueling by an
>>  > electrical connection. again this one would fail
>>  that.
>>  >
>>  > when we are debating victory criteria with ICE
>>  people then
>>  > everything is
>>  > an electric car of course : ) but this is a
>>  hydrogen car. not an EV.
>>  > I would be surprised if the record people will
>>  allow it as a pure
>>  > EV.
>>  > not that batteries couldn't beat it anyway
>>  >
>>  > Dan
>>  >
>>  >
>>
>>
>
>
>
>      
> ____________________________________________________________________________________
> Yahoo!7 Mail has just got even bigger and better with unlimited storage
> on all webmail accounts.
> http://au.docs.yahoo.com/mail/unlimitedstorage.html
>
> _______________________________________________
> For subscription options, see
> http://lists.sjsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/ev

www.GlobalBoiling.com for daily images about hurricanes, globalwarming
and the melting poles.

www.ElectricQuakes.com daily solar and earthquake images.

_______________________________________________
For subscription options, see
http://lists.sjsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/ev