Quantcast

Rented Tesla-X EV saves groom's life before next day's marriage vows> 65mph crash

Rented Tesla-X EV saves groom's life before next day's marriage vows> 65mph crash

brucedp

http://www.thedrive.com/sheetmetal/10261/man-credits-tesla-model-x-with-saving-his-life-after-stolen-car-crashes-into-it
Man Credits Tesla Model X with Saving His Life After Stolen Car Crashes Into It
The man had rented the electric SUV in the days before his wedding.
May 15, 2017  Rob Stumpf

[images
http://imagesvc.timeincapp.com/?q=70&w=1440&url=https%3A%2F%2Ftimedotcom.files.wordpress.com%2F2017%2F05%2F20170515-teslacrash.jpg%3Fquality%3D85
via Tesla Motors Club, with permission

https://s3.amazonaws.com/the-drive-staging/message-editor%2F1494876139594-20170515-teslaaccident02.jpg

https://s3.amazonaws.com/the-drive-staging/message-editor%2F1494876142386-20170515-teslaaccident03.jpg
]

Car crashes are nothing to take lightly—one day you're getting gas, the next, you might be upside down at the pump. Regardless of how an accident happened, it takes a structurally sound and well-designed vehicle in order to let its driver walk away from an accident. Fortunately, in this story, one particular driver was able to do just that after a stolen car collided with his rented Tesla Model X.

Earlier this month, John Tran was getting ready to live one of life's most blissful (and stressful) moments: getting married. He rented a Tesla Model X ahead of the big day and was enjoying driving the electric masterpiece the night before the ceremony. He packed up after his rehearsal dinner and parted ways with his fiancée until the morning.

Leaving the parking lot, however, Tran's Tesla was struck by another vehicle traveling at around 65 miles per hour. The accident, which pushed the Model X between 20 and 30 feet from its stationary position, surprisingly allowed all parties to walk away. In fact, the driver of the car fled on foot and is still at large, despite the accident.

Tran kicked open his door and exited the vehicle, only to be on the receiving end of an ER visit and some bumps and bruises (and a torn ligament in his right hand). But after muscling through the hospital and rewriting his vows, Tran became a happily married man the following day.

[share
https://www.instagram.com/explore/locations/1889063547982361/olive-garden/
illestjtt Olive Garden
I'll try to make this short. On 5/5 the night before my wedding to my amazing wife @nancy_deee . I was involved in a hit and run accident. I was leaving our family rehearsal dinner at a local mall in San Jose. I rented a #teslamodelx for as our wedding vehicle. Nancy and I had separate cars because we were parting ways from there. She was going to the hotel to be with her bridesmaids and I was going to wrap up loose ends with a couple of groomsmen @alexnguyen.45 and dalton. We heard and saw sirens from the mall security but really didn't think was up, it stopped and it was quiet. As I was pulling out of the parking stall and onto the mall loop street, I began to make my left turn to get on to the road. Just as I'm completing my turn a stolen silver car that was running away from police and helicopters going at least 65mph, plows directly into my driver side door and immediately send me 20-30 ft away from my original spot. All airbags deploy and I'm seeing nothing but smoke in the cabin. At this point, I try to open the door by hand, but it's stuck, and my right hand is swollen like a pillow. I try again by kicking my way out and am able to free myself. I get out and I see the drivers book it, and quickly followed by cops. Soon after an amazing mother and daughter who saw the whole thing happen came to help me and woke me up. Randomly friends who just happened to be in the lot saw me laying on the ground and assisted me up from my daze. Eventually they catch 1 of the 2 runners and I'm left with a busted wedding car sore hand, ankle, and ego. I thought to myself, why this night. The night before my very own wedding, and how am I alive right now. I get driven to the ER and was quickly seen by the nurses and checked out to be ultimately, unharmed. I just want to thank @elonmusk @teslamotors @tesla_modelx #tesla #teslamodelx #elonmusk for building an amazing life saving machine. The @sjpdofficial and @sanjosefirefighters said I am so lucky to be alive being hit at that speed. My God the one and only #jesus #john316 could make that happen. I am standing and married today because #jesuschrist allowed me to be in a #tesla. I am now on my quest to find a model x.
May 8
]

One of Tesla's bragging points is its safety ratings. In 2013, the Model S achieved the highest safety rating ever ever given out by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). The Model X did nearly the very same thing in the SUV category, partly due to its low center of gravity thanks to its battery mounting.

This morning, Tran also posted his experience to Tesla Motors Club, along with some additional photos of the accident. Thankfully, all seems to be well with Tran today. He says he hopes the story will reach Tesla CEO Elon Musk and his team to share just how well engineered the cars are. Tran has made it his goal to sell off his existing fleet of cars and purchase a Tesla as his next vehicle.
[© thedrive.com]

http://www.itechpost.com/articles/98383/20170516/tesla-model-x-saved-mans-life-before-wedding.htm
How A Tesla Model X Saved A Man's Life Before His Wedding
May 16, 2017  A Tesla Model X protected its driver from a violent crash allowing him to get ... what seemed like a deadly crash on board his rented Tesla Model X electric SUV.
https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-model-x-saves-life-groom-before-wedding-night/
Tesla Model X safety-first approach saves groom’s life after hit and run the night before his wedding
May 15, 2017 ... vehicle that careened into the driver's door of the all-electric SUV at 65 miles per hour. ... The groom-to-be that was saved in this latest accident had previously ...
https://forums.teslarati.com/threads/i-am-alive-today-well-bc-of-a-model-x.2454/#post-4422

For EVLN EV-newswire posts use:
http://evdl.org/evln/