Rider plays scared-card when $burned by Tesla-Uber ride.ca> 10min@superEVSE=75+mi (v)

 (human driver error> if not charged, set uber-ride2 off-duty)
https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/woman-upset-frightened-after-uber-driver-s-electric-car-runs-out-of-power-1.4671946
Woman upset, frightened after Uber driver’s electric car runs out of power
November 5, 2019  Pat Foran

[image
https://www.ctvnews.ca/polopoly_fs/1.4671903.1573002146!/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_150/image.jpg
Electric Uber runs out of power mid-trip
An Uber customer said her driver's electric vehicle ran out of power
mid-trip adding an extra 30 minutes to her commute.

video  flash
]

Electric Uber runs out of power mid-trip

An Uber customer said her driver's electric vehicle ran out of power
mid-trip adding an extra 30 minutes to her commute.

A woman said she was shaken and frightened when her Uber driver told her his
electric car was running out of power and he had to take another route
during a night trip.

Etobicoke resident Taylor Nishimura said she felt panicked when her Uber
driver unexpectedly started pursuing a different route instead of taking her
home late at night.

“About five to 10 minutes into the trip, he told me he didn't have enough
charge in his car to finish the trip," she told CTV News Toronto.

Nishimura said the incident happened recently when she was out on a Saturday
night with friends celebrating a birthday in downtown Toronto.

She said it was around midnight when she ordered an Uber, and that the car,
which picked her up, was a Tesla, an all-electric powered vehicle.

The driver told her, she said, that he couldn’t take her home without going
to a charging station first because his car was running out of battery
power.

“I felt unsafe. I double checked that it was the right vehicle and the right
driver. I didn't feel comfortable at all,” Nishimura said.

When they got to a charging station, she said she was still very worried
about what was happening.

“I really didn't feel safe in the situation. I was messaging my dad and I
was talking to my best friend at the time. I was updating them on my
location," she said.

After charging the vehicle for 15 minutes, the driver took Nishimura home.
She said it took about an extra half hour to get home, and she was charged
for the stop she never wanted.

“They actually charged me more to make the secondary stop," Nishimura said.

She filed a complaint with Uber about what happened the next day.

A spokesperson for Uber told CTV News Toronto they apologized to Nishimura.

"The driver did stop for about three minutes at a Tesla supercharger station
near the rider's drop off location,” the spokesperson said. “We apologized
to the rider for the experience she had and fully refunded her for this
trip."

Nishimura said Uber only refunded the portion of her trip home, which was
$21.66, and not the complete amount she was charged for the trip which was
$27.75.

She said she also felt her complaint about what happened that night was not
taken seriously.

“They provide a service that is supposed to be safe, supposed to be
convenient and it's supposed to be reliable and this situation was none of
these things," she said.
[© ctvnews.ca]
https://www.google.com/search?q=Woman+upset+frightened+Uber+electric+power
 search on  Woman upset frightened Uber electric power

+
https://www.bakersfield.com/opinion/letter-to-the-editor-electric-cars-are-the-way-to/article_f73bac16-ff65-11e9-bdfb-0fea959d7d7f.html
Letter to the Editor: Electric cars are the way to go
20191106  As an electric vehicle driver for six years, my family has owned a
Chevy Spark EV, two Nissan Leafs, a KIA Soul EV and two Tesla Model 3s. I
think Robert Price ("Electric car lovers are among us, right here in oil
city," Nov. 3) missed one of the biggest selling points of EVs: charging at
home. About 90 percent of the time you are not looking for a place to charge
because just like your cell phone, you charge at home. We took a road trip
to Florida all on electricity, and it came out to be 2,400 miles in 47 hours
(we did have to stop to sleep) and less than $100 in “fuel.” We literally
told the car, “navigate to Gainesville, Florida” and it picked the route and
the superchargers and did most the driving for us. The typical stop was
about 20 to 25 minutes. When we got to Gainesville, the gas stations had
hours-long lines due to an incoming hurricane. We were staying at a bed and
breakfast and just plugged into a 110 volt outlet by our room. At $45,000
for an EV that will go more than 300 miles on a charge, 0-60 mph in 4.4
seconds, costs 80 cents to go 20 miles and requires no oil changes, smog,
oxygen sensors or other routine maintenance, the affordable electric car is
here.  Dave Thomas, Bakersfield

For EVLN EV-newswire posts use:
 http://www.evdl.org/archive/

Re: Rider plays scared-card when $burned by Tesla-Uber ride.ca> 10min@superEVSE=75+mi (v)

Yeah, like no Uber ICE driver ever ran out of gas during a trip. You don't see articles
about that, though -- only when it's a Tesla.

That said, this is what happens when you have unlicensed, untrained amateurs providing a
taxi-like service.

-Tom

Thomas Hudson
http://portev.org -- Electric Vehicles, Solar Power & More