Ron's red camaro rolls

rodhower
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQe-sB5-LJo&feature=player_embedded

I have to give him credit for a really awesome time in the 1/4 mile.
I'll be the first to admit that I could probably not do better than his efforts,
but sometimes the boasting is better left to good Karma!
I hope that Ron is well and wish him better luck in the future!  Keep up the
good work and boost that Karma by posting positive feedback to other posters!

Re: Ron's red camaro rolls

David Chapman-9
Trying to figure out what that was sticking out of the floor after it turned turtle. Any failure analysis yet? DC

________________________________

Re: Ron's red camaro rolls

Bill Dube
(Paraphrased from NEDRA discussion list)

         What is particularly reassuring to see is that no one was
injured. There was no smoke. There was no fire. When ICE vehicles
flip over, a fire or a messy fuel/oil clean up is quite typical.
Thus, a positive aspect of this unfortunate event was the
demonstration that EVs are safer on the drag strip than ICEs.

         Shawn Lawless, John Wayland, me, and several others with
top-performing EVs have wisely set our (admittedly huge) egos aside
and put experienced professional drivers on our machines. We may have
the technical skills to make our EVs go fast, but it takes an
entirely different set of skills to drive one of these purpose-built
beasts. Driving a fast vehicle with wrinkle-wall slicks with
near-zero weight on the front tire(s) is a lot like standing on a
beach ball in a swimming pool. You need the reflexes of a mongoose,
plus years of experience. (Some people can play the violin. Other
people will never play the violin, no matter how much they practice.)

         The TTxGP (electric motorcycle race series) requires a rider
with a proven track record. It makes perfect sense with the power
levels available on brand new machines to have a seasoned rider.

         Folks on the NEDRA list suspect that the reason the car
flipped was that the battery pack was mounted very high up in the
very rear of the vehicle. This would bring the CG up quite high and
would tend to make the vehicle top-heavy and tail-heavy. There could
easily be some other cause, but this seemed the most logical given
the limited available information.

Bill D.

At 09:22 PM 5/16/2011, you wrote:

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQe-sB5-LJo&feature=player_embedded
>
>I have to give him credit for a really awesome time in the 1/4 mile.
>I'll be the first to admit that I could probably not do better than
>his efforts,
>but sometimes the boasting is better left to good Karma!
>I hope that Ron is well and wish him better luck in the future!  Keep up the
>good work and boost that Karma by posting positive feedback to other posters!

Re: Ron's red camaro rolls

Ronald Adamowicz

Guys,

I am fine, something in the rear (shock or link) broke during my launch, the car was all over the track and flipped. We are investigating the cause. The only damage was to the roof (which is now getting a new clip) and the front control arms bent while flipping. The car never hit any walls so the sides, nose, and rear are fine. We have already ordered the new TRZ control arms this time with drop spindles and plan on lowering the car. We also are adding a wishbone to the rear suspension.

Honestly, I knew we built a strong solid car, but was a little nervous about the pack after flipping, but she is A okay, no damage at all. Everything in the sealed lexan is glued into place, nothing moved.

After the car stopped sliding down the track, the first thing I did was jump out and check the pack. When we returned to the pits, I clicked on and off all contactors, all worked fine and drove her into the trailer. It was a wild ride! The car will be racing again in a few weeks.

Ronald Adamowicz
President, Chief Executive Officer, Director
www.IEDRA.net
www.GeoMetricMoving.com
Director
www.ECEDRA.com

Re: Ron's red camaro rolls

Ronald Adamowicz
Bill,

You and I obviously do not get along, so do not comment on any threads with my name attached. After watching you crash your motorcycle twice into pedestrians while YOU were driving you should have no comments an any car's suspension failures. I started racing in 1985 when you were playing weather man.

I have also read the NEDRA message board in regards to our equipment failure, disgraceful comments from Directors of NEDRA. I want answers from the Electric Auto Association, why does the EAA let a rogue chapter attack other organizations promoting EV use? Does the EAA have by laws? NEDRA is a Chapter of EAA and should abide by the rules.

At 09:22 PM 5/16/2011, you wrote:

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQe-sB5-LJo&feature=player_embedded
>
>I have to give him credit for a really awesome time in the 1/4 mile.
>I'll be the first to admit that I could probably not do better than
>his efforts,
>but sometimes the boasting is better left to good Karma!
>I hope that Ron is well and wish him better luck in the future!  Keep up the
>good work and boost that Karma by posting positive feedback to other posters!

Re: Ron's red camaro rolls

Dave Davidson-3
Ron,

I do give you credit for driving your own car. If I were to build a
fast EV, I would not have the confidence in my driving skills to race
it myself, and I am too old to learn. Instead, I would also have
someone else drive it.

I am curious that when, as you said, it was all over the track, why
you didn't just back off until you had a chance to check it out. Was
it not as squirrelly as it looked on the video? I hope you have it
ready by the Power of DC as I would really like to see it in person.

Also, as you do not own the discussion list, anyone can comment on any
thread. If you take a dose of humility, you can get a lot of help
here, and even more advice, which you are free to take or ignore. I
didn't see anything in Bill's post trying to antognize you. I've never
met Bill, but to me, it just appeared he was trying to give you and
other readers things to consider when building a car.

Dave

On 5/17/11, gottdi <[hidden email]> wrote:

>  I think this set him off. Egos aside all this bickering is only because of
> particular ego. Still can't understand. Poking fun and having a good time
> what is going to happen. Get over it. Glad to see you did not get hurt but
> ditch that friggin ego and fix and learn. No matter how many years of
> experience you have there is always something to learn. You have experience
> in gas driven cars and not electric. So there is always something to learn.
> Your build crew needs to learn a few different things too.
>
> I'd have stopped and not made any other runs until I KNEW all was ok. Too
> easy to get hurt. It's expensive enough.
>
> Pete :)
>
> Well, you did set a new world record. Not one you might like but in my
> opinion its just Karma.
>
> Oh, we will continue to post comments and make judgments just like you do.
>
> -----
> If you don't understand, be patient, you will. Now I understand. :)
> Nabble.com.

Sent from my mobile device

Re: Ron's red camaro rolls

damon henry

Blah, blah, blah, blah.  How is it Ron that you get to continually bring up and comment on Bill's mishaps, but no one is allowed to comment on yours unless it has been approved by you???  The truth is that we usually learn a lot from our mistakes, and it is much easier to learn from someone else's mistakes than to make them ourselves. I've watched Mr. Dube's crash video several times and I guarantee you that I will never follow in his footsteps on that one... not that I have anything like the Killacycle sitting in my garage :)
Anyway I am quite impressed that the battery pack survived without damage.  I think this is one of the trickiest things to get correct, as you have to design it for a situation you hope will never happen.  In your case the situation did happen and your design was clearly up to the task.  It's easier with Lithium than with lead, but still a tough thing to get right.  I mean how many of us really expect our battery packs to be hanging upside down after some very nasty G forces have batted them around.
I remember a time several years ago on my motorcycle when I stopped and was talking to someone with my bike leaning on it's kickstand and one of the batteries slid out of the frame onto the ground, LOL.
Do you have any details anywhere about how you put the pack together and secured it?  I think that would be very helpful for anyone (racer or not) who wants to design a crash proof battery system.
thanksdamon

> Date: Tue, 17 May 2011 04:34:17 -0700
> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [EVDL] Ron's red camaro rolls
>
> Bill,
>
> You and I obviously do not get along, so do not comment on any threads with my name attached. After watching you crash your motorcycle twice into pedestrians while YOU were driving you should have no comments an any car's suspension failures. I started racing in 1985 when you were playing weather man.
>
> I have also read the NEDRA message board in regards to our equipment failure, disgraceful comments from Directors of NEDRA. I want answers from the Electric Auto Association, why does the EAA let a rogue chapter attack other organizations promoting EV use? Does the EAA have by laws? NEDRA is a Chapter of EAA and should abide by the rules.
>

> Ronald Adamowicz
> President, Chief Executive Officer, Director
> www.IEDRA.net
> www.GeoMetricMoving.com
> Director
> www.ECEDRA.com

Mike Willmon
Careful Ron,  You and your VP (who IS an EAA Board member) are also publicly
stating falsehoods on Autoblog Green.  I am not aware that anyone from NEDRA
is making bets with you of any kind. And you still can't fess up to stealing
Chips artwork.  Should you and your rogue organization be allowed to be so
divisive on public forum?  Bill has as much right to be on this list making
comments as you or I do. To be honest, accidents aside, he garners more
respect here than you ever will. I could make about as preposterous a demand
for you to quit reading the NEDRA list if you are so offended with it.

Mike

On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 3:34 AM, RONALD ADAMOWICZ <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Bill,
>
> You and I obviously do not get along, so do not comment on any threads with
> my name attached. After watching you crash your motorcycle twice into
> pedestrians while YOU were driving you should have no comments an any car's
> suspension failures. I started racing in 1985 when you were playing weather
> man.
>
> I have also read the NEDRA message board in regards to our equipment
> failure, disgraceful comments from Directors of NEDRA. I want answers from
> the Electric Auto Association, why does the EAA let a rogue chapter attack
> other organizations promoting EV use? Does the EAA have by laws? NEDRA is a
> Chapter of EAA and should abide by the rules.
>

> Ronald Adamowicz
> President, Chief Executive Officer, Director
> www.IEDRA.net
> www.GeoMetricMoving.com
> Director
> www.ECEDRA.com

Re: Ron's red camaro rolls

Ronald Adamowicz
Mike,

You have failed to lead NEDRA as President your association attacks members, spreads lies and also races stolen property. Yes, stolen property. Soon your buddy will get served with papers for ownership of a stolen motor from a California EV builder. Let the truth be told. The EAA is now aware and in possession of all your attacking posts from multiple forums. Let's see what is more important, the reputation of the EAA or NEDRA's dishonest directors. What comment on Autoblog Green? I publicly stated on the DIY Forum I would race WZ for $5000.00 in purse, my offer still stands. You can erase all your posts from the NEDRA and other forums, but they have been copied already. You always spit out this Morrison crap, which has nothing to do with us, you worked there!

Let's see your reaction when NEDRA's "motor artisan" posted on a NEDRA directors website gets arrested and sued for stealing and selling a stolen motor.The paper trail starts from the original producer to dealer to client in California then back to dealer then poof into a NEDRA record holders car. Oops, did I spill the beans, get ready your buddy will need an attorney soon.

[hidden email]> wrote:

> Bill,
>
> You and I obviously do not get along, so do not comment on any threads with
> my name attached. After watching you crash your motorcycle twice into
> pedestrians while YOU were driving you should have no comments an any car's
> suspension failures. I started racing in 1985 when you were playing weather
> man.
>
> I have also read the NEDRA message board in regards to our equipment
> failure, disgraceful comments from Directors of NEDRA. I want answers from
> the Electric Auto Association, why does the EAA let a rogue chapter attack
> other organizations promoting EV use? Does the EAA have by laws? NEDRA is a
> Chapter of EAA and should abide by the rules.
>

> Ronald Adamowicz
> President, Chief Executive Officer, Director
> www.IEDRA.net
> www.GeoMetricMoving.com
> Director
> www.ECEDRA.com

Re: Ron's red camaro rolls

Mike Willmon
Spare me the threats Ron.  I know thats all you are good for.  And if you
think I'm going to remove posts from our site, I'm sorry to disappoint you.
 It is not a standard practice to censure the words of our members.  Unlike
this forum where its not really tolerated and could at some point be
censured.  But I have no problem with the words I say on these lists.  I am
free to say them and you are free to listen.....   or not.

On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 10:38 AM, RONALD ADAMOWICZ <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Mike,
>
> You have failed to lead NEDRA as President your association attacks
> members, spreads lies and also races stolen property. Yes, stolen property.
> Soon your buddy will get served with papers for ownership of a stolen motor
> from a California EV builder. Let the truth be told. The EAA is now aware
> and in possession of all your attacking posts from multiple forums. Let's
> see what is more important, the reputation of the EAA or NEDRA's dishonest
> directors. What comment on Autoblog Green? I publicly stated on the DIY
> Forum I would race WZ for $5000.00 in purse, my offer still stands. You can
> erase all your posts from the NEDRA and other forums, but they have been
> copied already. You always spit out this Morrison crap, which has nothing to
> do with us, you worked there!
>
> Let's see your reaction when NEDRA's "motor artisan" posted on a NEDRA
> directors website gets arrested and sued for stealing and selling a stolen
> motor.The paper trail starts from the original producer to dealer to client
> in California then back to dealer then poof into a NEDRA record holders car.
> Oops, did I spill the beans, get ready your buddy will need an attorney
> soon.

Re: Ron's red camaro rolls

Mark Grasser
So again, A week later the EVDL again has to put up with "dirty laundry" on
a list about how you too can build an electric car. No other car list I have
belonged to was ever like this, and they were ICE lists. You guys are all
pretty pathetic to do this AGAIN on this public forum. David the
administrator, once more was a long time ago!

Mark Grasser

[hidden email]> wrote:

> Bill,
>
> You and I obviously do not get along, so do not comment on any threads
with
> my name attached. After watching you crash your motorcycle twice into
> pedestrians while YOU were driving you should have no comments an any
car's
> suspension failures. I started racing in 1985 when you were playing
weather
> man.
>
> I have also read the NEDRA message board in regards to our equipment
> failure, disgraceful comments from Directors of NEDRA. I want answers from
> the Electric Auto Association, why does the EAA let a rogue chapter attack
> other organizations promoting EV use? Does the EAA have by laws? NEDRA is

> Chapter of EAA and should abide by the rules.
>

> Ronald Adamowicz
> President, Chief Executive Officer, Director
> www.IEDRA.net
> www.GeoMetricMoving.com
> Director
> www.ECEDRA.com

http://lists.sjsu.edu/mailman/private/ev/attachments/20110517/bb192ff0/attac
hment.html

Re: Ron's red camaro rolls

Ronald Adamowicz
Mike,

I am all for free speech, but when your association's directors violate the code of conduct of the EAA, then something needs to be done. You have failed to reprimand your directors, you are just as guilty as they. I can care less what your members say, it's your directors that have crossed the line.

[hidden email]> wrote:

> Mike,
>
> You have failed to lead NEDRA as President your association attacks
> members, spreads lies and also races stolen property. Yes, stolen property.
> Soon your buddy will get served with papers for ownership of a stolen motor
> from a California EV builder. Let the truth be told. The EAA is now aware
> and in possession of all your attacking posts from multiple forums. Let's
> see what is more important, the reputation of the EAA or NEDRA's dishonest
> directors. What comment on Autoblog Green? I publicly stated on the DIY
> Forum I would race WZ for $5000.00 in purse, my offer still stands. You can
> erase all your posts from the NEDRA and other forums, but they have been
> copied already. You always spit out this Morrison crap, which has nothing to
> do with us, you worked there!
>
> Let's see your reaction when NEDRA's "motor artisan" posted on a NEDRA
> directors website gets arrested and sued for stealing and selling a stolen
> motor.The paper trail starts from the original producer to dealer to client
> in California then back to dealer then poof into a NEDRA record holders car.
> Oops, did I spill the beans, get ready your buddy will need an attorney
> soon.

Re: Ron's red camaro rolls, Administrator!

Mark Grasser
This is not free speech. This is two people attacking each other on a public
forum. I am calling on the administrator to censure both of you two clowns!
Neither one of you obviously have any common decency!!!

Mark Grasser

[hidden email]> wrote:

> Mike,
>
> You have failed to lead NEDRA as President your association attacks
> members, spreads lies and also races stolen property. Yes, stolen
property.
> Soon your buddy will get served with papers for ownership of a stolen
motor
> from a California EV builder. Let the truth be told. The EAA is now aware
> and in possession of all your attacking posts from multiple forums. Let's
> see what is more important, the reputation of the EAA or NEDRA's dishonest
> directors. What comment on Autoblog Green? I publicly stated on the DIY
> Forum I would race WZ for $5000.00 in purse, my offer still stands. You
can
> erase all your posts from the NEDRA and other forums, but they have been
> copied already. You always spit out this Morrison crap, which has nothing
> do with us, you worked there!
>
> Let's see your reaction when NEDRA's "motor artisan" posted on a NEDRA
> directors website gets arrested and sued for stealing and selling a stolen
> motor.The paper trail starts from the original producer to dealer to
client
> in California then back to dealer then poof into a NEDRA record holders
car.

> Oops, did I spill the beans, get ready your buddy will need an attorney
> soon.

http://lists.sjsu.edu/mailman/private/ev/attachments/20110517/f5ad5da3/attac
hment.html

http://lists.sjsu.edu/mailman/private/ev/attachments/20110517/0cf379f8/attac
hment.html

Re: Ron's red camaro rolls

Mike Willmon
And you as director of your organization, and Doug your VP and Member of the
EAA Board of Directors haven't crossed any lines?    ....  hmmm.

On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 11:03 AM, RONALD ADAMOWICZ <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Mike,
>
> I am all for free speech, but when your association's directors violate the
> code of conduct of the EAA, then something needs to be done. You have failed
> to reprimand your directors, you are just as guilty as they. I can care less
> what your members say, it's your directors that have crossed the line.
>

> Ronald Adamowicz
> President, Chief Executive Officer, Director
> www.IEDRA.net
> www.GeoMetricMoving.com
> Director
> www.ECEDRA.com

Brian Pikkula
Ronald,

I feel like I'm in high school all over again.  Filtering emails the
the digital abyss.

Brian

On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 2:03 PM, RONALD ADAMOWICZ
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Mike,
>
> I am all for free speech, but when your association's directors violate the code of conduct of the EAA, then something needs to be done. You have failed to reprimand your directors, you are just as guilty as they. I can care less what your members say, it's your directors that have crossed the line.
>

> Ronald Adamowicz
> President, Chief Executive Officer, Director
> www.IEDRA.net
> www.GeoMetricMoving.com
> Director
> www.ECEDRA.com

Brian in TX
http://www.austinev.org/evalbum/960
http://www.evdub.blogspot.com/
It may seem like I am doing nothing, but on a cellular level I'm
really quite busy.

Re: Ron's red camaro rolls

Douglas A. Stansfield-2
Once again, look at who started the fight and point your fingers there.  I
have not crossed any line.  Ron made an offer to race on a public forum and
I quoted that offer in a blog post comment and you try and tarnish my name
from that?  How small are you, Mike?

I believe my reputation stands on its merits and I have been on this list of
years now.

Sincerely;

Douglas A. Stansfield
973-670-9208
Vice President, www.ECEDRA.com
President, Trans Atlantic Electric Conversions LLC
www.TransAtlanticElectricConversions.com
President, NJ Electric Auto Association
Member, Board of Directors, Electric Auto Association

[hidden email]> wrote:

> Mike,
>
> I am all for free speech, but when your association's directors
> violate the code of conduct of the EAA, then something needs to be
> done. You have failed to reprimand your directors, you are just as
> guilty as they. I can care less what your members say, it's your directors
that have crossed the line.

> Ronald Adamowicz
> President, Chief Executive Officer, Director www.IEDRA.net
> www.GeoMetricMoving.com Director www.ECEDRA.com

Re: Ron's red camaro rolls

David Dymaxion
If you look at the NEDRA archives, Bill and Dennis both got grief and ribbing
when they crashed. You are being treated the same as they were.

No, Bill is not perfect, none of us are, but he does graciously dispense a lot
of good advice!

________________________________

Re: Ron's red camaro rolls

KilowattA798
In a message dated 5/17/2011 1:23:39 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
[hidden email] writes:

> Subj:Re: [EVDL] Ron's red camaro rolls
> Date:5/17/2011 1:23:39 PM US Mountain Standard Time
> From:[hidden email]
> Reply-to:[hidden email]
> To:[hidden email]
> Received from Internet:
>
> I did not crash, just did a 180 within my own lane and drove it back to
> the starting line. Minutes later after adding ballast we reset our own
> record.
> See you tube search current eliminator see 180

But instead of a (good save Dennis) Bill and then the nedra wolfpack called
me one of the worst racers on NHRAs tracks.

All EV drag racers should be happy no one got hurt and that no real damage
was done.

I for one want to keep racing on NHRA tracks(bracket).

Its more than ribbing when Bill Dube calls your sponsors and tells them
their driver is unsafe.

Dennis Berube

> If you look at the NEDRA archives, Bill and Dennis both got grief and
> ribbing
> when they crashed. You are being treated the same as they were.
>
> No, Bill is not perfect, none of us are, but he does graciously dispense a
> lot
> of good advice!

Re: Ron's red camaro rolls

Ronald Adamowicz
Dennis,

Yes, I heard that Bill Dube called your sponsor and black labeled you, you are the "NEDRA" guy I have been posting about. I am glad you finally let the truth be known about how "some" NEDRA members/directors bash others in the sport. It is time for the EAA to act on all this dishonest behavior from certain NEDRA Officials. You have taken the "high" road for many years Dennis, I congratulate you.

[hidden email] writes:

> Subj:Re: [EVDL] Ron's red camaro rolls
> Date:5/17/2011 1:23:39 PM US Mountain Standard Time
> From:[hidden email]
> Reply-to:[hidden email]
> To:[hidden email]
> Received from Internet:
>
> I did not crash, just did a 180 within my own lane and drove it back to
> the starting line. Minutes later after adding ballast we reset our own
> record.
> See you tube search current eliminator see 180

But instead of a (good save Dennis) Bill and then the nedra wolfpack called
me one of the worst racers on NHRAs tracks.

All EV drag racers should be happy no one got hurt and that no real damage
was done.

I for one want to keep racing on NHRA tracks(bracket).

Its more than ribbing when Bill Dube calls your sponsors and tells them
their driver is unsafe.

Dennis Berube

> If you look at the NEDRA archives, Bill and Dennis both got grief and
> ribbing
> when they crashed. You are being treated the same as they were.
>
> No, Bill is not perfect, none of us are, but he does graciously dispense a
> lot
> of good advice!

Re: Ron's red camaro rolls

Mike Willmon
And Doug to think you were the voice of reason when all this started and
understood that ripping into NEDRA was not the way to form an alliance.  I
see your concern there was short lived.  And Ron's whole stated reason for
starting a rogue racing organization was to put NEDRA out of business
because we did not have enough races on the east coast and we favored west
coasters.  Never mind that more EVents have happened on the east coast as
well as NEDRA's longest running EV racing campaign, the Power of DC by Chip
Gribben happens out east.  Yes I agree Doug, we should look who started the
fight, and thats where I'm pointing my finger.  And Ron didn't make an
"offer" to race, it was more like a bet, a wager for money with some pretty
demeaning talk to go along with it.  No Doug it was not an offer, and you
did not call it that in your post on Autoblog Green, you stated personal bet
with the little Datsun guy.  Lest you forgot what you wrote
http://green.autoblog.com/2011/05/05/video-electric-camaro-tears-down-quarter-mile-in-11-253-seconds/#aol-comments
To my knowledge the little Datsun guy did not even acknowledge the
conversation, much less accept it.

And yes we all have reputations and have been around a while in this.   Its
just sad that some are not so happy with living up to the reputations that
they have made.

Mike
<http://green.autoblog.com/2011/05/05/video-electric-camaro-tears-down-quarter-mile-in-11-253-seconds/#aol-comments>