Safety

Dan Frederiksen-2
I'm considering having a setup where the motor wire is disconnected when
the clutch pedal is fully depressed as well as a battery wire disconnect
when the handbrake is pulled.
has anyone considered done this? has anyone needed it? and what was the
problem

is this kind of information compiled somewhere? all the technical
hurdles aside safety seems to be worth the effort. lest it be a death wish

Dan

Re: Safety

David Hrivnak-2
Someone recently had a video discussed here where the clutch cable pulled the high power contacts apart as an emergency disconnect.  It was a very nice setup.  For me I have a contactor with a cut off solenoid that I activate from the dash.

I'm considering having a setup where the motor wire is disconnected when
the clutch pedal is fully depressed as well as a battery wire disconnect
when the handbrake is pulled.
has anyone considered done this? has anyone needed it? and what was the
problem

is this kind of information compiled somewhere? all the technical
hurdles aside safety seems to be worth the effort. lest it be a death wish

Dan

der: [hidden email]

chuck you are driving down the road  your contactors fail or are welded on , for a cheap easy safety switch all you have to do is put in the clutch change to neutral and come to a safe stop . From: Chuck Homic<mailto:[hidden email]>

Re: Safety

Michaela Merz

I think I wrote about my security setup. But I am glad to repeat:

I have a pair of reed contacts in a 90 degree angle glued to one of the
high current cables. Those contacts will close whenever the cable carries
> 40A and deliver the negative leg to a relay. The positive leg is spliced
from the brake lights. So - should there be current on the main AND the
brake lights come on, a relay is powered that will disconnect the main
contactor. It also will power itself so that once it has been activated,
it will stay activated until the ignition is turned off.

I also have a mechanical disconnect in the cab that can be pulled if all
else fails.

Michaela