Schematics

Sam Shepherd
Has anyone got a source for a really good schematic for wiring an EV that
would help a first timer?
Thanks
Sam

Re: Schematics

Mike.B
AllTrax Controllers, has some nice diagrams you can
download.

They even have one for wiring all the car's
accessories, IE: headlights, taillights, etc. if you
are wiring a vehicle from the ground up.

These are all in the DOCUMENT DEPOT at:

www.alltraxinc.com

--- Sam Shepherd <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Has anyone got a source for a really good schematic
> for wiring an EV that
> would help a first timer?
> Thanks
> Sam

Re: Schematics

Rush Dougherty

Sam wrote -

> Has anyone got a source for a really good schematic for wiring an EV that
> would help a first timer?
> Thanks
> Sam

This is the link to the manual for the Zilla Controller, if you clik on it
and scroll down to the last pages of the PDF, you'll see a 'how to wire an
EV' with a Zilla. Compare that to the AllTrax schematic and you'll see a
world of difference.

http://cafeelectric.com/products/zilla/HB202.pdf

Rush
Tucson, AZ
2000 Insight, 66.7lmpg, #4965
www.ironandwood.org
www.Airphibian.com
www.TEVA2.com

Re: Schematics

Peter VanDerWal
That's kind of like asking "What size tires do I need for my car"

The link for Alltrax schemtaics will work for Alltrax controllers, and
maybe for a Curtis (not sure about the throttle pot wiring), but won't
work for a GE controller, and certainly not for a Solectria or Siemens.

Probably no help with a 'zilla either (I'm not familiar with 'zilla pinouts).

And there are a few other controllers out there, they are probably
different as well.

> Has anyone got a source for a really good schematic for wiring an EV that
> would help a first timer?
> Thanks
> Sam

wish with the message.  By posting the message you agree that your long
legalistic signature is void.

Re: Schematics

John-435
The book convert it has 2 schematics that are based on using a curtis
controller (and it is good reading anyway if you plan on doing a
conversion)

As someone mentioned Otmar's zilla manual has some diagrams of what
is necessary to run the zilla.

Also I put together a schematic for my conversion that uses a Zilla
that may or ma not be helpful (someone pointed out there is a diode
shown in the wrong direction and I noticed the I left off one of the
charger out lines)

http://webpages.charter.net/belchertownev/

Once I get on the road I hope to fix my diagram and put some more
info on my site regarding the experience of conversion from the
viewpoint of someone that started with NO automotive or electrical
skills.

  John

On Dec 2, 2007, at 1:24 AM, Peter VanDerWal wrote:

> That's kind of like asking "What size tires do I need for my car"
>
> The link for Alltrax schemtaics will work for Alltrax controllers, and
> maybe for a Curtis (not sure about the throttle pot wiring), but won't
> work for a GE controller, and certainly not for a Solectria or
> Siemens.
>
> Probably no help with a 'zilla either (I'm not familiar with 'zilla
> pinouts).
>
> And there are a few other controllers out there, they are probably
> different as well.
>
>> Has anyone got a source for a really good schematic for wiring an
>> EV that
>> would help a first timer?
>> Thanks
>> Sam

> If you send email to me, or the EVDL, that has > 4 lines of legalistic
> junk at the end; then you are specifically authorizing me to do
> whatever I
> wish with the message.  By posting the message you agree that your
> long
> legalistic signature is void.

Re: Schematics

Osmo Sarin
And then there is this simple high volt system schematic by Don Cameron:

http://www.cameronsoftware.com/ev/EV_HighVoltageSystem.html

I wonder where Don has disappeared...

Osmo

John kirjoitti 2.12.2007 kello 16.58:

> The book convert it has 2 schematics that are based on using a curtis
> controller (and it is good reading anyway if you plan on doing a
> conversion)
>
> As someone mentioned Otmar's zilla manual has some diagrams of what
> is necessary to run the zilla.
>
> Also I put together a schematic for my conversion that uses a Zilla
> that may or ma not be helpful (someone pointed out there is a diode
> shown in the wrong direction and I noticed the I left off one of the
> charger out lines)
>
> http://webpages.charter.net/belchertownev/
>
> Once I get on the road I hope to fix my diagram and put some more
> info on my site regarding the experience of conversion from the
> viewpoint of someone that started with NO automotive or electrical
> skills.
>
>   John
>

> On Dec 2, 2007, at 1:24 AM, Peter VanDerWal wrote:
>
>> That's kind of like asking "What size tires do I need for my car"
>>
>> The link for Alltrax schemtaics will work for Alltrax controllers,
>> and
>> maybe for a Curtis (not sure about the throttle pot wiring), but
>> won't
>> work for a GE controller, and certainly not for a Solectria or
>> Siemens.
>>
>> Probably no help with a 'zilla either (I'm not familiar with 'zilla
>> pinouts).
>>
>> And there are a few other controllers out there, they are probably
>> different as well.
>>
>>> Has anyone got a source for a really good schematic for wiring an
>>> EV that
>>> would help a first timer?
>>> Thanks
>>> Sam