Selling my Zilla :(

staque
Hi folks.  I hate to use this list for advertising, but I hope this is
of enough interest to be worthwhile.

I think fate wants me to spend more time with my family than in the
garage.  I suffered a back injury and a tree fell on my donor vehicle.
I figure someone would want to use my Zilla 1K-HV that's been in my
garage for two years, so I put it on eBay. (If I ever get back to it, I
will try to buy another one.)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190511908415

I am an old-school (but low volume) eBay seller, and you can see I have
100% feedback.  I am very dependable and honest.

I can answer any questions at this email, or via eBay.

Thanks.

 -Staque

Re: Selling my Zilla :(

Jorg Brown
You want $2880 for a 2-year-old Zilla which sells new for $2675??

On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 8:16 AM, <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi folks.  I hate to use this list for advertising, but I hope this is
> of enough interest to be worthwhile.
>
> I think fate wants me to spend more time with my family than in the
> garage.  I suffered a back injury and a tree fell on my donor vehicle.
> I figure someone would want to use my Zilla 1K-HV that's been in my
> garage for two years, so I put it on eBay. (If I ever get back to it, I
> will try to buy another one.)
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190511908415
>
> I am an old-school (but low volume) eBay seller, and you can see I have
> 100% feedback.  I am very dependable and honest.
>
> I can answer any questions at this email, or via eBay.
>
> Thanks.
>
>  -Staque

Re: Selling my Zilla :(

Mike Willmon
uhh, they don't sell new anymore.  If anyone wanted one this may be your
last best opportunity to own a new one.

On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 1:56 PM, Jorg Brown <[hidden email]> wrote:

> You want $2880 for a 2-year-old Zilla which sells new for $2675??
>
> On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 8:16 AM, <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi folks.  I hate to use this list for advertising, but I hope this is
> > of enough interest to be worthwhile.
> >
> > I think fate wants me to spend more time with my family than in the
> > garage.  I suffered a back injury and a tree fell on my donor vehicle.
> > I figure someone would want to use my Zilla 1K-HV that's been in my
> > garage for two years, so I put it on eBay. (If I ever get back to it, I
> > will try to buy another one.)
> >
> > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190511908415
> >
> > I am an old-school (but low volume) eBay seller, and you can see I have
> > 100% feedback.  I am very dependable and honest.
> >
> > I can answer any questions at this email, or via eBay.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> >  -Staque

Re: Selling my Zilla :(

corbin dunn
Still -- that is sort of high considering you can buy Netgain Controller (HV version) for $2800. I'm not sure why someone would want an out of production, non-supported controller for such a high price! One could also get the regular Netgain controller for a shy amount over $2000.

http://www.evolveelectrics.com/Netgain%20Warp%20Drive%20Controller.html

corbin

On Mar 15, 2011, at 3:03 PM, Mike Willmon wrote:

> uhh, they don't sell new anymore.  If anyone wanted one this may be your
> last best opportunity to own a new one.
>
> On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 1:56 PM, Jorg Brown <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> You want $2880 for a 2-year-old Zilla which sells new for $2675??
>>
>> On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 8:16 AM, <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi folks.  I hate to use this list for advertising, but I hope this is
>>> of enough interest to be worthwhile.
>>>
>>> I think fate wants me to spend more time with my family than in the
>>> garage.  I suffered a back injury and a tree fell on my donor vehicle.
>>> I figure someone would want to use my Zilla 1K-HV that's been in my
>>> garage for two years, so I put it on eBay. (If I ever get back to it, I
>>> will try to buy another one.)
>>>
>>> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190511908415
>>>
>>> I am an old-school (but low volume) eBay seller, and you can see I have
>>> 100% feedback.  I am very dependable and honest.
>>>
>>> I can answer any questions at this email, or via eBay.
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>>
>>> -Staque

Re: Selling my Zilla :(

Mike Willmon
If I had the $2800 to spare I would suck that thing up in a heartbeat.  The
Junior Dragster already has one on it, would love to put another Junior
together.   :-)
Mike

On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 3:34 PM, corbin dunn <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Still -- that is sort of high considering you can buy Netgain Controller
> (HV version) for $2800. I'm not sure why someone would want an out of
> production, non-supported controller for such a high price! One could also
> get the regular Netgain controller for a shy amount over $2000.
>
> http://www.evolveelectrics.com/Netgain%20Warp%20Drive%20Controller.html
>
> corbin
>

> On Mar 15, 2011, at 3:03 PM, Mike Willmon wrote:
>
> > uhh, they don't sell new anymore.  If anyone wanted one this may be your
> > last best opportunity to own a new one.
> >
> > On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 1:56 PM, Jorg Brown <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >> You want $2880 for a 2-year-old Zilla which sells new for $2675??

Re: Selling my Zilla :(

David Nelson-5
The controller is STILL supported! Otmar is still around to support them.

--
David D. Nelson
http://evalbum.com/1328

Re: Selling my Zilla :(

John Scrivner
Can anyone tell me why these Zillas are not still being produced since they
seem to be so popular with this industry?
John Scrivner

On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 10:16 AM, <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi folks.  I hate to use this list for advertising, but I hope this is
> of enough interest to be worthwhile.
>
> I think fate wants me to spend more time with my family than in the
> garage.  I suffered a back injury and a tree fell on my donor vehicle.
> I figure someone would want to use my Zilla 1K-HV that's been in my
> garage for two years, so I put it on eBay. (If I ever get back to it, I
> will try to buy another one.)
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190511908415
>
> I am an old-school (but low volume) eBay seller, and you can see I have
> 100% feedback.  I am very dependable and honest.
>
> I can answer any questions at this email, or via eBay.
>
> Thanks.
>
>  -Staque

Re: Selling my Zilla :(

Doug Weathers
On Mar 15, 2011, at 9:12 PM, John Scrivner wrote:

> Can anyone tell me why these Zillas are not still being produced since they
> seem to be so popular with this industry?
> John Scrivner

It's a long, ugly story.  You could read the Cafe Electric blog for Otmar's take on it.

<http://www.cafeelectricpress.com/blog/?cat=2>

My take on it:

Otmar was breaking his heart trying to run the Zilla manufacturing business.  He finally decided to sell it.

However, he had a terrible time finding a buyer.  He was VERY picky about who he would allow to manufacture his baby.  For a year or so, either he didn't like the buyer, or the buyer never got around to signing the check.

Eventually he found someone who looked good, and production was set to resume, and there was much rejoicing.  But there was some sort of violent meltdown, the company went away, and Otmar is now even more skittish.

He knows he'll wreck his health if he tries to be a factory, but he can't bear to have some hack sell shoddy overpriced Zillas that tarnish their golden reputation.

And so we wait, and other companies begin to release competing products into the EV hobbyist market (which hasn't happened for many many years).

So there you have it.

Incidentally, "this industry" as you describe it is not a very profitable one.  The best way to make a small fortune selling to the EV hobbyist market is to start with a large one.  (Ba-dum-dum-psssh)  Most sane companies wouldn't want to try it, unless they're doing it because they love EVs, or they're a Chinese company that has inhumanely low costs.  (Or maybe both.)

We're all a bunch of picky cheapskates who blow stuff up and then complain loudly about it.

--
Doug Weathers
http://www.gdunge.com