Small controller and source recommendations?

Small controller and source recommendations?

David Chapman-9
Hi all,
I have a customer that is building a go-kart for his daughter, he is using one of my 24/36 Vdc 3 HP GE series dc motors and he asked me for a recommendation for a controller and where to source one. I have been out of the loop for too long so does anyone care to chime in as to a good controller and where to buy it? My first thought was to simply recommend he find a 2-300 amp 36V golf kart unit on Ebay but I am thinking that there is probably a better answer for him. I would assume it should have an adjustable current limit (governor) . Thanks in advance. Dach.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are" - Theodore Roosevelt

“We reached the old wolf in time to watch a fierce green fire dying in her eyes ....
I was young then, and full of trigger-itch; I thought that because fewer wolves meant more
deer, that no wolves would mean hunters’ paradise. But after seeing the green
fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view.” - Aldo Leopold

Re: Small controller and source recommendations?

rodhower
Alltrax makes an excellent control that is water resistant (potted) and has a serial interface to program acceleration ramp rate and
other parameters,
http://www.thunderstruck-ev.com/alltrax-4844.html

Re: Small controller and source recommendations?

EVDL Administrator
On 27 Mar 2014 at 4:58, Rod Hower wrote:

> Alltrax makes an excellent control ...

I'll second that.  I've been very pleased with the Alltrax I have in my Elec-
Trac tractor.  Nary a glitch.