SnowPIG on Princess Auto's FB site

Hey Everyone

My favorite store, Princess Auto (like a Harbor Freight, but Canadian)
surprised me the other night with a FB video on their website:

https://www.facebook.com/princessauto/videos/10155108678488341/

What surprised me even more is the amount of views - 138k in 1.5 days!
Guess there really is an interest in Electric snow removal vehicles.  So
far our winter here has been pretty well a no show, but January is coming
and my fierce pig will be ready again for the challenge!

Cheers
Dan

Re: SnowPIG on Princess Auto's FB site

On 12/19/2017 07:47 AM, Dan Baker via EV wrote:
> Hey Everyone
>
> My favorite store, Princess Auto (like a Harbor Freight, but Canadian)
> surprised me the other night with a FB video on their website:
>
> https://www.facebook.com/princessauto/videos/10155108678488341/

Without getting involved with FB, the YouTube video is presented here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vO7eMcRP0Kk

Dan, are you running 36v on both the golf cart and blower?  I'm having
good success running surplus/salvage hoverboard batteries in a 36v golf
cart.  I'm running up to 24 parallel 4ah batteries though the cart will
operate on far fewer with limited range.

Re: SnowPIG on Princess Auto's FB site

Hey Willie

I run at 48v.  I suppose you could run at 36v with the right controller and
motors. What kind of snow do you get in your area?  We get a lot of heavy
wet snow so lots of 48v power is good.

Cheers
Dan

On 12/19/2017 07:15 PM, Dan Baker via EV wrote:
> Hey Willie
>
> I run at 48v.  I suppose you could run at 36v with the right controller and
> motors. What kind of snow do you get in your area?  We get a lot of heavy
> wet snow so lots of 48v power is good.

I was going to ask about all that white stuff in your video.  "Snow",
you say?  I'm in Texas.

Jerry Dycus indicates that Volt modules might make good lithium
batteries for ~48v.  Have you considered?

Re: SnowPIG on Princess Auto's FB site

I have, but not for the pig. For my toon:
http://www.evalbum.com/4767

I have a very cheap supply of lead.  Lithium-not so much, I do dream of
having it someday soon, big weight and drag savings on the boat.  Not going
to take the ones out of my new Volt- great car!  Other than the car, local
sources of used EV batts are hard to come by.
Lead is a great weight and traction aid on the pig, I would like to run
about 1000 lbs this year. I would have to put a lot of Lithium in if I
replaced lead, would have an awesome runtime but wouldn't be cheap.  Anyone
on the list have a spare P100D pack they could loan me? :-)

Cheers,
Dan