Solectria is alive and well! Sort of

David Beard
For those of you that didn't catch it...we recently had a post from:

[hidden email]

When pressed she was delighted to assure me that unlike some other EV component manufacturers that have been discussed here recently...

"EV enthusiasts are some of our favorite people"

and promptly sent me literature on some of the Azure Dynamics/Solectrive drive products...

David W. Beard

Re: Solectria is alive and well! Sort of

EVDL Administrator
Azure does provide some limited support for owners of the old Solectria
drive systems and EVs.

However, my understanding is that all >current< drive system user support
and sales for Azure Dynamics is handled through their dealer, Electro
Automotive.  I doubt that we as hobbyists could purchase or get help
directly from Azure.  I'd be most interested to hear otherwise!

Re: Solectria is alive and well! Sort of

Mike Brown-15

>Azure does provide some limited support for owners of the old Solectria
>drive systems and EVs.
>
>However, my understanding is that all >current< drive system user support
>and sales for Azure Dynamics is handled through their dealer, Electro
>Automotive.  I doubt that we as hobbyists could purchase or get help
>directly from Azure.  I'd be most interested to hear otherwise!

Azure Dynamics (formerly Solectria) is not really set up to work
directly with the hobbyist market.  They are geared more for fleet
and OEM situations.  That's why we were brought on board.  Our
agreement with AD designates Electro Automotive as the exclusive
distributor for their products to the hobbyist market in
America.  This works well for both parties, as we can both focus on
the markets we are geared to handle, while still providing a channel
of availability and support for AD products to hobbyists.

Mike Brown
Electro Automotive, POB 1113, Felton, CA  95018-1113 Phone 831-429-1989
http://www.electroauto.com  email [hidden email]
Electric Car Conversion Kits * Components * Books * Videos * Since 1979

Re: Solectria is alive and well! Sort of

Ralph-54
Right.

I bought my AC-55 conversion kit through Electro Automotive. The sensing cable arrived damaged. Beth at Azure, in 2 emails, sent a replacement within 2-3 days.

That may not qualify, but it is support...

-Ralph