Spare Tire for Tesla model Y

Hi Phil etc.  I ordered this just to be safe.  I’ve had my share of flats out in the middle of nowhere , far far away from anything and a spare was a life saver. They have others for the model 3
https://www.amazon.com/Complete-Compact-Spare-Tire-Carrying/dp/B08FCXGVW8
Best regards
Mark

Sent from my iPhone

Re: Spare Tire for Tesla model Y

Perfect. And expensive.

It is something I think I would need. I don't think a flat is likely out
on forest service roads. But damaging the rim could happen and having a
spare could save a 5 or 10 hour hike out to reach cell service and call
a tow truck. Not something I want to ever experience.

Peri

<< Annoyed by leaf blowers ? https://quietcleanseattle.org/ >>

>Hi Phil etc.  I ordered this just to be safe.  I’ve had my share of flats out in the middle of nowhere , far far away from anything and a spare was a life saver. They have others for the model 3
>https://www.amazon.com/Complete-Compact-Spare-Tire-Carrying/dp/B08FCXGVW8
>Best regards
>Mark
>

>Sent from my iPhone

Re: Spare Tire for Tesla model Y

Yeah $$$ and as you can see from that, you can kiss your cargo area
goodbye.  It absolutely will not fit in the frunk or under the rear floor.
I'll stick with my plug kit and then 90% of the time, it's fast, then you
are done, no need to screw with it again.

On Mon, Mar 22, 2021 at 12:08 PM Peri Hartman via EV <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Perfect. And expensive.
>
> It is something I think I would need. I don't think a flat is likely out
> on forest service roads. But damaging the rim could happen and having a
> spare could save a 5 or 10 hour hike out to reach cell service and call
> a tow truck. Not something I want to ever experience.
>
> Peri
>
> << Annoyed by leaf blowers ? https://quietcleanseattle.org/ >>

Well now there is a business serving a market need....more expensive
than buying a junkyard tire and jack, but sure is a lot easier (and
cleaner) solution.  Too bad they don't have a version for the Leaf...

Jay