Sunday, Sunday, Sunday> 2020 Mach-E EV reservations for 2021 deliveries

Sunday, Sunday, Sunday> 2020 Mach-E EV reservations for 2021 deliveries

 % FMC employee (?purposely?) screwed-up, letting their web page be publicly
seen, then promptly took it down. On Sunday 20191117, plunk your $500
reserve for 1of5 trims, hecho en MX, 2020 model to be delivered in 2021 %

https://autoweek.com/article/green-cars/heres-2021-mustang-mach-e-leaked-reservation-site
HERE'S THE 2021 MUSTANG MACH E, LEAKED BY A RESERVATION SITE
November 15, 2019  JAY RAMEY

[images
https://s3-prod.autoweek.com/s3fs-public/2019-11/ford-1.jpg
]

Ford promises the Mustang Mach E [EV] will get 300 miles of range in top
spec, along with RWD and AWD variants.

Ford
The first crossovers will be delivered in the second half of 2020.

Thanks to a Ford reservation website that went up a little early and was
promptly taken down a couple of hours later (but not before we saw
everything), we have our first look at the 2021 Ford Mach E electric
crossover. Mach E Forums [
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/discovered-2021-mustang-mach-e-official-page-w-pricing-models-specs-video-etc.49/
] was first to spot the site.

When it comes to design, the Mustang Mach E largely lives up to the teasers
Ford has published over the last few months—and to the promise (for better
or worse) of a crossover with signature Mustang design elements. Up front,
the Mach E features a familiar Mustang grille and headlight shapes, as if
lifted from the current model, with a filled-in grille. Out back, the
crossover mimics the rear fascia of the Mustang coupe or convertible.

If there is one thing that we don't see here, it's door handles. Or rather,
they are very small: There appears to be a tiny handle incorporated into the
front window frame, which looks like it's designed to be pulled down with
one finger to trigger the door. Otherwise, there is nothing interrupting the
surface of the doors.

The Mustang Mach E interior, meanwhile, features a sleek and minimalist
appearance with a large vertical infotainment touchscreen dominating the
center stack. (Yes, just like in a Tesla.) Admittedly, it's hard to tell if
the screen is mounted in the center stack or if it adopts a floating setup
to allow it to be angled toward the driver, which would be useful. And if
you look closely at the image below, you can see that it doesn't line up
with the armrest—it sits a little to the right in this screenshot of a short
video that the reservation site displayed. An additional narrow, horizontal
digital instrument panel sits atop the dash, in front of the driver.

Ford
The 2021 Mustang Mach E interior features a large vertical touchscreen, like
in a Tesla.

The electric crossover will be offered in rear- and all-wheel drive and in a
total of five trim levels, which includes a limited First Edition model. The
base model will offer 230 miles of range, while the limited First Edition
will dial that up to 270 miles in all-wheel-drive flavor. The long-range
version, meanwhile, will top out at 300 miles when coupled with rear-wheel
drive.

The least expensive way to get into one of these will be the Select model,
which will start at $43,895, with the Premium being the next in the price
ladder, starting at $50,600. Ford will also offer the California Route 1
edition at $52,400, while the limited First Edition will start at $59,900.
The range-topping GT model, meanwhile, will end the lineup at $60,500—and
these prices are listed before the deduction of a $7,500 federal tax credit.
If that's correct, this means that the base model will cost buyers $36,395
after the deduction of the $7,500 federal tax credit.

"This limited edition will feature three exterior colors including an
exclusive Grabber blue metallic body color, unique interior contrast
stitching, First Edition scuff plates, brushed aluminum pedals and red brake
calipers, it won't last long," the Ford site says ... hopefully referring to
availability.

So the entire lineup appears quite affordable, compared to the other
crossover EVs currently on the market, including Tesla's. Before the arrival
of Volkswagen's ID.4 [EV], anyway.

Another bit of good news is that the Mach E promises 0-60 launches in the
mid-five-second range.

When it comes to charging, the Mustang Mach E will offer 150-kW DC fast
charging capability, with Ford promising 47 miles of range after 10 minutes
of charging.

These are all preliminary specs, of course, with the first cars scheduled to
arrive sometime in the second half of 2020. Ford is expected to reveal more
detailed specs, including horsepower and battery capacities, sometime
between now and then, in addition to EPA-rated ranges and a little more
detailed equipment information.

We'll see more of the Mustang Mach E in a few days—on Nov. 17—when Ford
officially unveils the EV crossover.

Ford
Ford will offer the 2021 Mustang Mach E in five trim levels.
[© autoweek.com]
https://www.google.com/search?q=Sunday+Sunday+Sunday

https://www.techspot.com/news/82786-ford-all-electric-suv-called-mustang-mach-e.html
Ford's all-electric SUV is called the Mustang Mach-E, reservations begin
this Sunday
November 15, 2019 ... Ford's official launch event for the Mustang Mach-E at
the Los Angeles Auto Show, will ... confirm these details and reveal more
information ... Reservations are expected to be open right after the event
on Ford.com, for which customers will need $500 to book their slot ...
https://static.techspot.com/images2/news/bigimage/2019/11/2019-11-15-image.png

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/business/autos/ford/2019/11/15/ford-electric-mustang-mach-e-images-early-sunday-reveal/4205172002/
Ford unleashes electric Mustang Mach-E — earlier than intended
Nov. 15, 2019  Ford Motor Co. unleashed its highly anticipated
Mustang-inspired electric SUV — a few days early ... Ford spokesman Mike
Levine said he did not have all the details of how or why the site went live
ahead of the reveal: "We look forward to sharing the details on Mach-E on
Sunday night, and we hope everyone will tune in." ...
https://twitter.com/Jalopnik/status/1195318159626117122

+ (Mach-E hecho en Mexico)
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/11/15/ford-bets-on-mustangs-reputation-with-mexico-made-mach-e-suv.html
Ford bets on Mustang’s reputation with Mexico-made Mach-E SUV
NOV 15 2019 ...
DETROIT – The Mustang Mach-E is a groundbreaking vehicle for Ford Motor that
marks the beginning of a new-generation of all-electric vehicles ...
experts don’t expect Ford to receive much pushback for its decision to
produce the Mach-E at its plant in Cuautitlan, Mexico ...

For EVLN EV-newswire posts use:
 http://www.evdl.org/archive/

Re: Sunday, Sunday, Sunday> 2020 Mach-E EV reservations for 2021 deliveries

Cool, even if they did copy tesla. Wonder where it will be available for purchase

Sent from my iPhone

> [...]
> Sunday night, and we hope everyone will tune in." ...
> https://twitter.com/Jalopnik/status/1195318159626117122
>

> + (Mach-E hecho en Mexico)
> https://www.cnbc.com/2019/11/15/ford-bets-on-mustangs-reputation-with-mexico-made-mach-e-suv.html
> Ford bets on Mustang’s reputation with Mexico-made Mach-E SUV
> NOV 15 2019 ...
> DETROIT – The Mustang Mach-E is a groundbreaking vehicle for Ford Motor that
> marks the beginning of a new-generation of all-electric vehicles ...
> experts don’t expect Ford to receive much pushback for its decision to
> produce the Mach-E at its plant in Cuautitlan, Mexico ...
>

> For EVLN EV-newswire posts use:
> http://www.evdl.org/archive/
>

> {brucedp.neocities.org}

Re: Sunday, Sunday, Sunday> 2020 Mach-E EV reservations for 2021 deliveries

I know they make more profit with vehicles like this, but I sure wish the
automakers weren't so single-minded about what they build.  So many SUVs and
crossovers!  I'm sure they're fine for some folks, but for me, ugh.  Even as
EVs, they're just too clumsy and awkward, kind of like a gangling adolescent
kid.

But then, consider the Mustang's heritage.  The original was essentially a 2-
door Ford Falcon compact with a stretched hood, a shrunken trunk, and an
inflated price tag.

Re: Sunday, Sunday, Sunday> 2020 Mach-E EV reservations for 2021 deliveries

It’s not the automakers that are single-minded, it’s the customers that are demanding these vehicles. Those are the ones that are selling.

- Mark

Sent from my Fuel Cell powered iPhone

> On Nov 16, 2019, at 1:11 PM, EVDL Administrator via EV <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I know they make more profit with vehicles like this, but I sure wish the
> automakers weren't so single-minded about what they build.  So many SUVs and
> crossovers!  I'm sure they're fine for some folks, but for me, ugh.  Even as
> EVs, they're just too clumsy and awkward, kind of like a gangling adolescent
> kid.
>
> But then, consider the Mustang's heritage.  The original was essentially a 2-
> door Ford Falcon compact with a stretched hood, a shrunken trunk, and an
> inflated price tag.
>
> David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA
> EVDL Administrator

Sunday! Sunday! Sunday!> 2020 deliveries of $500 2021 Mach-E EV reservations

http://fordauthority.com/2019/11/ford-mustang-mach-e-images-and-specs-leaked/
Ford Mustang Mach-E Images And Specs Leaked
NOV 15, 2019 ... specifications and pricing on the fully electric 2021 Ford
Mustang Mach-E. ... in all its glory ...
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E
Trim level Power/Torque (hp/lb-ft) Est. Range (miles) 0-60 mph (sec.) Est.
MSRP (USD)
Select SR RWD 255 / 306 230 mid 6-sec $43895
Select SR AWD 255 / 429 210 mid 5-sec n/a
California Route 1 ER RWD 282 / 306 300 mid 6-sec $52400
Premium SR RWD 255 / 306 230 low 6-sec $50600
Premium SR AWD 255 / 429 210 mid 5-sec n/a
Premium ER RWD 282 / 306 300 mid 6-sec n/a
Premium ER AWD 333 / 429 270 mid 5-sec n/a
First Edition ER AWD 333 $ 429 270 mid 5-sec $59900
GT AWD n/a 250 mid 3-sec $60500 ...
http://fordauthority.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/2021-Ford-Mustang-Mach-E-Interior-Leak-720x312.jpg

https://azbigmedia.com/lifestyle/automobiles/all-electric-mustang-mach-e-will-debut-sunday/
All-electric Mustang Mach-E will debut Sunday
2019-11-16  Mach-E will make its debut Nov. 17 at an event in Los Angeles
that will be streamed on YouTube [
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0F9Uktpgtk
], Facebook, Twitter and Autohome (China) ... actor Idris Elba, will help
introduce ... following the broadcast ... 6:30 p.m. PST (9:30 p.m. EST) –
reservations will open for the Mustang Mach-E at Ford.com [
https://www.google.com/search?q=Mustang+Mach-E+Ford.com
] ...
https://azbigmedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/Mustang-Mach-E.jpg

https://www.coinspeaker.com/ford-mustang-mach-e-revealed/
Ford’s Mustang Mach-E All-Electric SUV Revealed ahead of Tomorrow’s Premiere
November 16th, 2019  The details about Ford’s Mustang Mach-E cars, including
the price and functionality, have been revealed before the official
presentation ... Ford's website has revealed some early details about their
latest selection of electric SUVs including their names, prices, and design
https://www.coinspeaker.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/ford-mustang-mach-e-revealed.jpg

https://mashable.com/article/ford-mustang-mach-e-leaks/
Photos of Ford's electric Mustang Mach-E leak ahead of its big reveal
2019-11-16  Someone at Ford hit publish a little too early.
Ahead of its planned Sunday reveal, the Ford website briefly allowed clever
users to see the full webpage for the electric Mustang Mach-E ... Ford
quickly realized its mistake and fixed the site ...
Mach-E Select for $43,895
Mach-E Premium for $50,600
Mach-E California Route 1 for $52,400
Mach-E First Edition for $59,900
Mach-E GT for $60,500
 ...  Idris Elba is going to be involved with the Sunday night unveiling in
some capacity ...
https://twitter.com/FordEu/status/1194934255207534592

https://cleantechnica.com/2019/11/16/12-reasons-why-the-ford-mustang-mach-e-will-be-a-huge-hit/
12 Reasons Why The Ford Mustang Mach E Will Be A Huge Hit
November 16th, 2019

https://www.ibtimes.com/how-watch-unveiling-ford-mustang-inspired-suv-dubbed-mach-e-2866366
How To Watch The Unveiling Of The Ford Mustang-Inspired SUV Dubbed the Mach
11/14/19  Ford has finally announced the name of its highly-anticipated
Mustang-inspired SUV ... will debut the Mach E on Sunday in Los Angeles ...
will be streamed on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and Autohome in China ...
starts at 3 p.m. EST ...

David said (in part):
> I know they make more profit with vehicles like this, but I sure wish the
> automakers weren't so single-minded about what they build.  So many SUVs
> and crossovers!

The sell them because that's what A LOT of people want.  People want a larger vehicle that can carry a bunch of stuff and people, and not take s shoehorn to get in and out of.  Personally I am a fairly large guy and I practically have to fold myself in half to get in and out of my wife's Toyota Corolla.  It's not bad once I'm inside, but getting in is a pain.  In full disclosure, I drive a Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 crew cab pickup (which I fit into very well).  I am NOT one of the guys with a big pickup that never gets it off road or carries stuff - I do NEED a full size 4x4 pickup often enough.  I fully admit that it's a lousy single person commuting car, so I take public traffic almost any day that I don't have a need to drive.  I have also been known to rent a more practical car for long distance drives when I didn't need the big truck.

On a related side note, have you noticed how many police departments have switched to Ford Explorers?  Now, part of that is because Ford stopped building the Crown Victoria (which practically owned that market for a lot of years).  But the other part is how much stuff the average patrol car carries.  With the last of our Crown Vic patrol cars, almost the entirety of the trunk was taken up with technology.  Many departments removed the spare tire to make room, and would call a tow truck on the rare occasion that a tire needed to be changed out in the field.  With the trunk full, the office would have to put all the stuff he used to be able to put in the trunk into the right front seat.  The Explorers don't make as good of pursuit vehicles, but they are better for almost everything else.  BTW, with all the stuff on an officer's belt, they appreciate the larger seats.

73
-----
Jim Walls - K6CCC

On 16 Nov 2019 at 13:16, Mark Abramowitz via EV wrote:

> ItTMs not the automakers that are single-minded, itTMs the customers that
> are demanding these vehicles. Those are the ones that are selling.

The automakers deliberately manufactured that demand with advertising.  They
did it because SUVs and crossovers are more profitable, and also because
SUVs were classified as trucks and therefore less regulated.

They're now trying the same trick in Europe, with dismaying success.  But
the EU isn't the US.  Unlike the US, they have carbon goals.  Their
governments have noticed what the automakers are doing, and how it's
affecting their ability to achieve those goals.

Re: Sunday, Sunday, Sunday> 2020 Mach-E EV reservations for 2021 deliveries

I think that this is an interesting theory.

Is there any data to support this, or a birth certificate. (Oops, sorry - wrong theory)

On 16 Nov 2019 at 15:13, Mark Abramowitz via EV wrote:

> I think that this is an interesting theory.

It's hardly a theory; it's pretty common knowledge that the automakers
deliberately manufactured demand for SUVs through heavy and aggressive
advertising.  There are many sources.  A good one that comes to mind
immediately is Keith Bradsher's 2002 book "High and Mighty."

They wanted - and want - to sell ICE SUVs, crossovers, and pickups, so those
are what they've advertised.  Do you see them advertising EVs the same way,
with the same intensity?  Why do you suppose that is?

EVDL Administrator via EV wrote:
> It's hardly a theory; it's pretty common knowledge that the automakers
> deliberately manufactured demand for SUVs through heavy and aggressive
> advertising.  There are many sources.  A good one that comes to mind
> immediately is Keith Bradsher's 2002 book "High and Mighty."
>
> They wanted - and want - to sell ICE SUVs, crossovers, and pickups, so those
> are what they've advertised.  Do you see them advertising EVs the same way,
> with the same intensity?  Why do you suppose that is?

It may simply be a consequence of greed. Consider a company or
individual who only cares about making money. They don't care about the
consequences. So, they will make anything that sells for a big profit
margin. Never mind if it's bad for the customer, the country, the
environment, or whatever. Go for the gold.

Next, consider that advertising works. That's why they spend an
inordinate amount of money on it. Advertising can convince consumers to
buy what *you* want, at *your* prices.

These two basic behaviors lead to big companies controlling the market,
to favor what they want to sell, and minimize what they don't want to sell.

Lee

--
There is a computer disease that anybody who works with computers knows
about. It's very serious, and interferes completely with your work. The

buying well used for dealer

  How do I find well  used leafs, I found good used packs an want to find
one and replace its pack?

Re: buying well used for dealer

Ken,
What State are you in?
Maybe try Craigslist.
Auto auctions if you have a dealers license or a friend with one.
Alan

On Sat, Nov 23, 2019, 9:37 PM evtlfp20 via EV <[hidden email]> wrote:

>   How do I find well  used leafs, I found good used packs an want to find
> one and replace its pack?

Re: buying well used for dealer

 What is your goal in price and range?  You should not take on repairs unnecessarily.  I have a 55k mile Leaf with one year left on the payoff of $258.00 a month. I would let it go if someone would take over the payments and give me two grand. So that is $5,000.00.  By the time you mess with used batteries and maybe hidden damage you will be in for that.  I can still get near a hundred miles on my 13 with hyper miling.  So unless you can do it for half that and 100% sure it will work don't do it.  Look around for used cars and take your time.  I bet you find something between 2 and 5k dollars.  Lawrence Rhodes